• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Dragon?

Favourite Dragon?

• Salamence

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • Garchomp

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • Altaria

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Flygon

Votes: 18 20.5%
  • Kingdra

Votes: 10 11.4%

• Total voters

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    Flygon needs more love! XD
    It was mah first level 100 pokemon....=)

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2009
    Hello Everyone,
    Dragonite would me my first choice and will be followed by Altaria and Salamence. Dragonite is one of my favourites as I like the way it looks and it has some good attacking styles. Altaria is a very cute dragon while Salamence has some very good attacks under its bealt. Keep up the good spirit and stay connected.

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    Aren't Latios and Latias considered Dragon types? I'm quite fond of Latias. Out of the choices on the poll, I'm thinking Flygon is the winner.

Salamence: Looks really awesome, and it looks like an actual dragon, which is nice. The only problem with that is that I think its legs are a bit stubby.

Garchomp: Overrated and I'm not that into its design. Then again, I dislike most of 4th Gen.

Dragonite: We have a love-hate relationship. It's cute, but...

Altaria: Adorable. I love Altaria. End.

Flygon: I think Flygon has a really unique design. I mean, it's an insect, but it's a freaking dragon as well.

Kingdra: Again, great design and I love it. It's strong and its only real weakness is Dragon, but it can also pack an Ice Beam. One of my favorite Water types, which is saying something because I don't like most Water Pokemon. I also really like Seadra.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2013
    Garchomp. It's Uber for a reason. Salamence comes a close second.

STAB Earthquake? An attack with an already high 100 base attack, ground with very nice type coverage with 5 super effectives, and 100% accuracy? The other dragons cannot utilize their flying type offensively as there are few good flying moves that are taught to them, while Garchomp can. Flying seems to be more of a liability for Dragonite and Salamance because it means they get 4 timed when in contact with the ubiquitous Ice Beam; it is true with Garchomp, but as discussed before, he can use the Ground typing as an asset.

In addition, Garchomp has a higher initial speed stat, and can use Sword Dance to double its attack, instead of Dragon Dance which only boosts it by 50 percent. It's Sand Veil ability works well with a Tyranitar on the team too.

dozo

party hardy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    Rayquaza is pretty swell ;]
    Dragonite always made me mad though. I always left it as Dragonair

Last edited:

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    Charizard should be up there somewhere but from the list I would have to choose Garchomp.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    Judging on visual appeal alone, I would definitely choose Flygon. I can't really judge on fighting skills since I'm not familiar with them in that sense.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    From the list: Flygon

Personally, I love Tyrannitar, it was, in a way, Johto's own Dragon.
    Rayquaza was awsome in Emerald.
    Dragonite was always :P for me.
    Charizard FTW.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2010
    Flygon. Dragonite is too "cartoony" for me, although that doesn't make a lot of sense I guess. It's just too rounded, with tiny wings that would never work (things like that annoy me, even in a fantasy world).

Back