• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Move?

Years
    I was always partial to Surf because of major damage while in the overworld view being lovely transportation. It's far more useful compared to the other HMs (Flash and Waterfall being the weakest for me)

And definitely Ice Beam, because Blizzard isn't worth the risk with its accuracy issues and Ice Beam has enough damage to compensate.

Of the new ones, I've been fond of Torment and Taunt for more of an interesting defense and to screw around with the moveset (as Disable could only do so much).

I'll keep thinking.

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
    Years
    thank you very much for your views. As for me i have to say ive always loved major damage moves such as thunder,blizzard,fire blast and solar beam. My favourite of those however i have to say has to be thunder as for me it has more effect to a various types of pokemon than any of the others has.

As for the weakest out of those four for me solar beam is my least favourite as it does not have the cance of after effected that the other three do such as paralysis,burn and freezing the opponent.

Defensively i feel that moves such as screech are really effective in lowering opponents defense sharply. The move imprision i think has no real point to it as it only prevents psychic attacks from commencing and i feel there are better moves which can replace that.Defensively my favourite move has to be double team or minimize as once used it lowers chances from getting hit by offensive moves.

I Have to say though i have recently taken a shine to silver wind as i feel its a real stunning move and extremely effective in pokemon contests.

Years
    Sure.

I do like Solarbeam, but the fact when you can't take the hit while charging is troubling, and there is no Grass move to act like as proxy (Ice Beam for Bliz, Thunderbolt for Thunder, Flamethrower for Fire Blast). Bah. Anyway, I forgot to say Aeroblast from Lugia as my favorite signature Poke move, because it is awe-inspiring in any form in my previous post.

And Recover as the best healing move? Oh, that wins, hands down. It's the only one I could count on in the long battles and the stats take care of the rest.

Probably should do recovering moves next, hmm?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Um, I'd have to say Ice attacks are good, But Dark's are the best. I like using those two because IMO they could bring up the most damage.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    Sure.

I do like Solarbeam, but the fact when you can't take the hit while charging is troubling, and there is no Grass move to act like as proxy (Ice Beam for Bliz, Thunderbolt for Thunder, Flamethrower for Fire Blast). Bah. Anyway, I forgot to say Aeroblast from Lugia as my favorite signature Poke move, because it is awe-inspiring in any form in my previous post.

And Recover as the best healing move? Oh, that wins, hands down. It's the only one I could count on in the long battles and the stats take care of the rest.

Actually, isn't there leaf blade? Lol oh well, i havn't used sceptile for so long. My fav move would prob be thunder, just cuz it looks so cool XD. And if it is on a Lanturn, who has surf+rain dance and confuse ray. I think that might be a good thing, im not 100% sure though, i'm not the guy who knows movesets. Also, i haven't used Lanturn before either.lol. My fav defensive move is Swords Dance/ Bulk Up/ Calm Mind/ Cosmic power. Of any, prob clam mind. I would have gone with swords dance, but i havn't rele used it yet. And for healing, i think moonlight or morning sun (or w/e it was called) are good, because they can heal full health if it is sunny out.

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
    Years
    Sure.

i have to agree with you about recovery as it probably is the miost reliable recovery move there is. As for solar beam you are correct in saying that it takes two turns to launch but using sunny day helps launch solar beam attacks straight away i think?

Years
    Well, I have a few favorites:

Aurora Beam - Because I love how it looks.
    Icicle Spear - Don't know why, I just like it.
    Octazooka - The name sounds cool.
    Metronome - I like randomness.

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    My favourite moves are Flamethrower, Surf and Thunderbolt. Because they are useful.

Soari

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    My favourite moves are blizzard,sky attack,Assist,solor beam and flamethrower.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    actually, with the new D/P moves, i think solar beam does have a new proxy: that energy ball move.

anywho, i don't have a favorite move.

Years
    I rather like Psychic *shot* It's a strong move, and one of my favorite types :D

After that, Surf. It's really handy, it does pretty decent damage, and it usually looks cool (well, except for RBY, it was kind of blah then).

Orange_Flaaffy

Crystal Bell Keeper
    Years
    Just for looks Aurora Beam and Fire Spin are my favorites, but for what they do I love Attract, Dream Eater, Curse, Snore, Rest, Fly, and Lovely Kiss :3. I also like Fake Tears, for some reason I can always picture the pokemon braking out crying and the other stopping the battle trying to make it stop ;)

Back