• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Storyline

Favourite Pokemon Storyline

• Total voters

Maggazone

Shiny Collector
    Years
    This is a poll where you get to say what your favourite storyline is from all the pokemon games...

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
    Really that is to hard for me. They were alll awesome! Though Kanto was great and classic. Probably Gen. 3. The region was big and had lots to do!

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
    Years
    Generation 5, easily. The only story with any sort of complexity and is interesting. Team Plasma actually had a rational goal (Free pokemon from the oppressors) and had a good cause, and they were the most awesome villains evar.

Also, N. That is all.

The_Noob

Banned
    Years
    Generation 5, easily.  The only story with any sort of complexity and is interesting.  Team Plasma actually had a rational goal (Free pokemon from the oppressors) and had a good cause, and they were the most awesome villains evar.

I always find it funny that every N fangirl forgets that Team Plasma's 'goal' was really ******** Ghetsis shoved down their throats so he could have power over them. "Save the sad kittens" is a surprisingly useful phrase for assembling an army.

Personally, my favorite plots were those of Generations I, IV, and V. Team Galactic, Team Plasma, and Team Rocket's goals nearly came to be, and they had some really good plans. Also, I loved the characters from those Gens.

N, that is all.

Ghetsis is far better. Eyepatch >    Attractiveness.

Also, I agreed with his tactics on raising N, creating Team Plasma, etc.

Noob out. 

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
    Years
    I always find it funny that every N fangirl forgets that Team Plasma's 'goal' was really ******** Ghetsis shoved down their throats so he could have power over them. "Save the sad kittens" is a surprisingly useful phrase for assembling an army.

Personally, my favorite plots were those of Generations I, IV, and V. Team Galactic, Team Plasma, and Team Rocket's goals nearly came to be, and they had some really good plans. Also, I loved the characters from those Gens.
    I didn't forget that. I'd like to point you to the fact that Ghestis was the only one who knew of his plan, obviously, the rest were likely dedicated to the cause, regardless of whether it was a lie or not, and if the ways they sought the goal were immoral, their goals were at least the most moral, and they didn't do anything more evil than the other villains' groups did, yet their goals were immoral and blatantly evil.

Oh, and the one in question, N, CLEARLY did not know of Ghestis' plan. He was manipulated, his ideals and goals were the real thing, and likely a good majority of Team Plasma. Ghestis was not. He was a manipulative bastard.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I like Gen IV's storyline, particularly the Platinum one (with Giratina in it). Gen V's story is starting to rub on me because of the darker story elements introduced, N and Ghetsis, in particular.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I liked Generation 2, because it was a real continuation of Gen 1 that had a lot of callbacks. It felt like a real sequel, like the story wasn't over. Gen 5's storyline is good the first time you play it, but after a while it begins to bug me.

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I'm never really bothered about the story, to be honest. I understand its relative necessity and there seems to be a burgeoning desire to make it more complicated with each new Generation, but Id rather they go for a simple story well told, rather than inundate us with a whole new mythology about the creation of the Pokemon world (first it was Mew, then it was Arceus... and there's probably going to be something after that!)

In saying that, my favourite is definitely Gen II: it worked out the kinks of Gen I, gave you a rival that was actually worthy of its status, and didn't place too big a burden on the legendaries but still gave them enough weight to be in awe of.

Years
    I said Gen II and Gen V, because of the extended plot in the former, and the cooler, more realistic storyline in the latter.

Team Plasma actually seemed like a real team of bad guys, y'know? I could believe it, and I can't say the same for Gen III with Team Aqua and Team Magma... Down with land and water? wat?

Years
    In my opinion, all plotlines of Pokemon Games are severely lacking. None of them are suspenseful enough to give the player a reason to keep playing, other than beating all of the gyms, as well as the Pokemon League. Out of all the main games, I'd have to say that Diamond/Peal/Platinum's storyline really stood out. I believe there was once a rumor going around, that the plot of these games was originally much deeper/darker, but was revised, due to Pokemon being a kids' game. That's not to say that these games don't have the makings for a great storyline, though. Unlike Ruby and Sapphire, as well as Black and White, Team Galactic actually had an extremely valid reason for using the power of their game's respective legend. The best part of the plot would have to be the antagonist himself, Cyrus. Cyrus is quite the interesting character, he having gathered legions of followers, united in a radical pursuit, with the power of speech, alone. We also get a glimpse of what led Cyrus to become the man that he is, through the dialogue of the NPCs found in one of the houses in Sunnyshore and the old man, living on Route 228. Diamond and Pearl led me to believe that the plot of Pokemon games would improve in the future, although the plot of Pokemon Black/White failed to set this belief in stone.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I voted for Gen III and Gen V. Gen I really didn't have much of a storyline at all, imo. "Save the world from the impending Rocket threat!!"... and what impending threat was this? Their Raticates were getting rabies? :/

Gen II was better but still, not really much of anything to me. Gen IV's was satisfactory, yes, but I mean it just still had something... off, about it. I'm probably just showing too much favoritism because Gen III and V were my most-liked, but I really liked the idea behind Hoenn and its myths and Gen V is probably the best storyline incorporated into a mainstream Pokemon game yet. I liked everything about those two.

Maggazone

Shiny Collector
    Years
    Their Raticates were getting rabies? :/

Lol, probably. "We have to stop Team Rocket to save the Raticates from getting rabies!" Wait who cares about the Raticates? Actually a could care less about the Raticates, there like my lease favourite pokemon besides Zubat. :D

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I'd rather they go for a simple story well told, rather than inundate us with a whole new mythology about the creation of the Pokemon world (first it was Mew, then it was Arceus... and there's probably going to be something after that!)

I don't think they ever said Mew was involved in the creation of the Pokemon World...

Maggazone

Shiny Collector
    Years
    I don't think they ever said Mew was involved in the creation of the Pokemon World...

They never said mew created or helped arceus create the world they said that Arceus alone created the world but in the Unova region they said reshiram and zekrom created the landscape in an epic battle

Back