• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fear of missing out

Years
  • With all the shows and movies and music being made and released all the time it's hard to keep up with it all and sometimes I feel like I don't tap into it enough and that something good is going to appear that I'll never notice. Do you ever get like this? Is there anything you missed the first time around and then came back to after the hype had cooled down?

Years
  • I mean I missed out on the brilliance of Game Of Thrones for years and finally watched it earlier this year. It's fair to say I'm glad I decided to watch it :3

Happy and at peace. :)
    Years
  • Esper, try not to live like that. It is very easy to get into such a cycle where that's all you do, and when it comes to the point where you want to improve yourself, you'll just want to know what the next show is. I lived like that once, it's not worth it.

When you disconnect from that for a while, it's kind of freeing. You also realize that talking about shows is kind of petty, when you can talk about other things with them.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I get that feeling more with video games than movies/music/TV shows. A good album, show, or movie is timeless.

Years
  • My FOMO acts up pretty often when people mention TV shows like Game of Thrones, but I will procrastinate almost anything. But....one day I will start watching it... ; )

Back