• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Features that there's no excuse to not have had in D/P/PL...

Years
    Storing items in PC boxes: It was in previous versions, and it worked well at helping reduce items that you wanted to keep but didn't actively use. If not that, at least...

Organazing the item pack: Alphabetically? Please? Something? At least the ability to scroll from the very top to the very bottom? Moving through them all without the stylus is painstakingly slow, and it's not much better with it, either. The only reasonable speed is moving an item with 'select', but there's often so many you can easily breeze right over it.

Planting/Picking berries in fewer button presses: I love the berry system. They're useful and it's something to do in a schedule for results. But uggghh.

It's soft, earthy soil.
    Would you like to plant a berry?
    Yes
    (berry name)
    The Bluk berry was planted in the soft, earth soil.

Doing that with a LOT of berries gets very irritating. Same with picking them. If I'm talking to the berry patch, isn't it kind of obvious that I want to plant a berry there? How about something like this:

Would you like to plant a berry?
    (berry name)

Shorter trade animations: Not quite as bad as the others, but trades do take far longer than they need to. Sure, watching the ball fly away and exchange is cool the first few times. Maybe even the first ten times. But really, every single time? Trading something with somebody quickly isn't an option. We're stuck watching the movie every time, and anybody who's had to trade more than one Poke with somebody at a time knows this.

That'll do it, I'm sure there's a few more, but really, these should be included if nothing else in newer versions.

lol its denise

im a total newbie. :c
    Years
    omg really? i actually liked the long trading animation..haha it made me all happy :D
    i guess space is also an issue..? there's only so much that you can do on a tiny ds game ! :>
    heck, i wish that you could pet your pokemon or something. 8D but it wont happen. D:

Years
    I agree with the storage of Items in the PC.
    I miss that =[

I don't mind the trading animation, but it can get a bit tedious after a while.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I found the berry system annoying too.
    If I got it wrong, I would have to start all over again.
    Alphabeticalizing items would be easier. Normally when I search for an item, I search through the whole list and find that I missed it.

Years
    Ehhh, I doubt space is the issue. Half of the ideas are virtually nothing to program, and the other half would practically save the tiny amount of space the others take.

Try4se

Try4se
    Years
    My opinion:
    Storing items in PC boxes: The Items are already fine, why would you want it? You can have 999 of all items in your bags.

Organazing the item pack: I do that as soon as I get a new Item.
    The up/down thing you could press "selet, and the pokeball on the touch screen, if you turn that with the stylist, it takes less then a minute

Planting/Picking berries in fewer button presses:The only thing I don't like about it is that the "fertilize" is above plant a berry.
    Shorter trade animations: It doesn't take that long, unless a pokemon is evolving.

The only thing it truly needs is to go to diffrent regions.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    Shorter trade animations: Not quite as bad as the others, but trades do take far longer than they need to. Sure, watching the ball fly away and exchange is cool the first few times. Maybe even the first ten times. But really, every single time? Trading something with somebody quickly isn't an option. We're stuck watching the movie every time, and anybody who's had to trade more than one Poke with somebody at a time knows this.

I'm pretty sure that's not there for your enjoyment as much as it is for data transfer. D:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Yes I am going to agree with the trade animation. If they made it where you could press B or A and skip the whole animation thing that would be pretty neat. Like how they did it in the beginning of the game...just press A and then you don't have to worry about watching the whole intro.

I guess they didn't make it to where it can skip so people could say good-bye to their pokemon? ^^;;

zerwey

:3
    Years
    I don't mind the trade animation, but I agree that planting and picking berries should be faster. It's tedious to keep pressing A, then selecting a berry, over and over.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    It annoys me whenever I try to plant a berry. It's just too tedious, even if it only costs a few seconds.

However, about storing items into your PC, how about just keeping it in your bag?

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
    Years
    Wi-Fi Underground: Do I need to explain this one? Platinum Flag is nigh impossible for people like me. If you live near the Pokemon Center (okay, apparently it's the world nintendo center, but it should work), then you would have an easier time, but finding fifty other people and having to be near them? Too hard. I hope they can make updates or something, where you can connect to Wi-Fi and download something that lets the underground be used in wi-fi groups.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Lol, I made a whole thread about the bag/PC storage thing a while back. Yeah, cool, you can have an unlimited variety of items in your bag and don't have to worry about it filling up, but do you need all of them all the time? No. That's what PC storage should be for. Making Pokemon in your PC hold your unneeded items isn't efficient at all, either. I don't like using the touch screen to go 'faster' either, because for one it's not any faster for me, and for another I have to change the position of my hands from how I hold the DS normally (I hold it like a GBA and use my thumbnails as a stylus) just to do it. Tedious. On top of that, having a giant list of just words doesn't make finding stuff easy, even if you organize it. There could at least be dividers or something.

Okay, that's enough ranting about that, lol.

Trading could be a little faster. Not necessarily the animation thing, since as someone said, it's probably to allow data transfer, but something to make the whole process smoother/more efficient, since a lot of people (myself included) like to transfer Pokemon/items between their own games, and it gets tedious.

I can imagine that the berry planting thing could get annoying, but I don't really plant berries ever, so it doesn't bother me.

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
    I was sad the first time I went to try and go store items and couldn't I had so many things from the underground I didn't need but wanted to keep for later, and all my pokemon were already holding items so I couldn't use that. Also the trade animation to me was ridiculous, it's nice to have but like Hiroshi said a skip button would be nice.

Years
    I'm pretty sure that's not there for your enjoyment as much as it is for data transfer. D:
    This.

Use your heads, people. Trading over wifi isn't like sitting next to a person and using a link cable like for the GBA games. Sometimes, you're trading with players across the globe. Even if there WAS a skip button, it probably won't work anyways, at least not until the data has transferred and IF there was some spare animation left, which probably might not be the case.

Years
    I actually liked having no PC storage, since I never used it anyhow. I have all the stuff in my bag organized alphabetically. I'm a freak, I know. :S

Other than that, I agree about the whole berry thing. It's really annoying, especially when you have LOTS of berries to plant.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    Agreeed with everyone. Trading time should be faster, although it makes sense that the animation may be needed for data transfer. At least they made the surf speed in Platinum a lot faster. =D

zerwey

:3
    Years
    One of my theories is that the animation is needed for all the data transfer to be completed, as stated by Yukio. After all, would you rather watch an animation of your Pokemon being sent to you, or a "Data Transferring - Don't Turn the Power Off - Loading" message?

NytewolfAU2k7

Game Modder & Creator
    Years
    I think I agree with the OP ;)

Wi-Fi Underground: Do I need to explain this one? Platinum Flag is nigh impossible for people like me. If you live near the Pokemon Center (okay, apparently it's the world nintendo center, but it should work), then you would have an easier time, but finding fifty other people and having to be near them? Too hard. I hope they can make updates or something, where you can connect to Wi-Fi and download something that lets the underground be used in wi-fi groups.

I have the same problem, I can barely get 2 let alone 50 o_O

Back