• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Feedback on team please

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2010
    So I just began EV training. Smogon was a HUGE help. They have recommended attacks, natures, etc. So here's the start of my team:

Lucario, Modest, Lv.100 - HP: 274 (23/6) | Atk: 225 (25/0) | Def: 155 (10/0) | Sp.Atk: 350 (21/252) | Sp.Def: 163 (18/0) | Spd: 252 (4/252) | Hidden Power: 53, ROCK | Format: stat (IV/EP)

I'm going to have Lucario hold the Choice Specs. Because Lucario's highest base stat is in Special Attack, I bread until I got one of Modest nature.

His attacks are:
    Flash Cannon
    Shadow Ball
    Dragon Pulse
    Aura Sphere

Tyranitar, Adamant, Lv.100 - HP: 339 (28/6) | Atk: 380 (10/252) | Def: 252 (27/0) | Sp.Atk: 189 (15/0) | Sp.Def: 223 (18/0) | Spd: 193 (3/252) | Hidden Power: 69, GHOST | Format: stat (IV/EP)

Tyranitar will hold the Choice Band. His attack power is pretty high.

Attacks:

Dragon Claw
    Stone Edge
    Giga Impact
    Iron Tail

Salamence, Naive, Lv.100 - HP: 322 (22/0) | Atk: 307 (31/6) | Def: 192 (27/0) | Sp.Atk: 316 (28/252) | Sp.Def: 166 (20/0) | Spd: 328 (31/252) | Hidden Power: 39, GROUND | Format: stat (IV/EP)

Salamence will hold the life orb.

Attacks:
    Draco Meteor
    Dragon Pulse
    Fire Blast
    Hyper Beam

Please give me feedback on my team so far. It is certainly undergoing work. What do you guys think?

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
  • ~tyranitar
    Never ever put giga impact on anything
    there are just as powerful moves that don't leave you as vulnerable

i dont know why you have dragon claw, you dont get stab from it if your feeling threated by dragons put ice fang on Tyranitar.
    use the smogon set if your just starting out
    ~Stone Edge
    ~ Crunch
    ~ Pursuit
    ~ Aqua Tail / Earthquake
    again for salamence get rid of hyper beam, at this point draco meteor is more powerful because it gets stab put on like, another special move that doesn't end in a dead dragon
    Luke wants these moves not flash cannon or dragon pulse(terrible coverage) AND A TIMID NATURE SO YOU DON'T GET OUTSPED BY EVERYTHING!
    ~ Aura Sphere
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Hidden Power Rock / Hidden Power Ice
    ~ Vacuum Wave
    right now your probably going to want a pokemon to cover your weaknesses example, mamoswine wrecks the current team(especially if you keep your current moveset)

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2010
    What would you recommend adding to my team as a defense for that mamoswine?

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
  • any water really take your pick
    vaporeon provides wish support (always useful)

cursepert
    gyrados
    then to cover the electric weakness use hippowdon who takes the mamoswine ice shard suprisingly well (well better than a normal ground would) also it can spread stealth rocks

then to cover cursepert or crocune have something with a grass move and yeah

Chains

Psychic Trainer
    Years
  • So I just began EV training. Smogon was a HUGE help. They have recommended attacks, natures, etc. So here's the start of my team:

Lucario, Modest, Lv.100 - HP: 274 (23/6) | Atk: 225 (25/0) | Def: 155 (10/0) | Sp.Atk: 350 (21/252) | Sp.Def: 163 (18/0) | Spd: 252 (4/252) | Hidden Power: 53, ROCK | Format: stat (IV/EP)

I'm going to have Lucario hold the Choice Specs. Because Lucario's highest base stat is in Special Attack, I bread until I got one of Modest nature.
    His attacks are:
    Flash Cannon
    Shadow Ball
    Dragon Pulse
    Aura Sphere

Tyranitar, Adamant, Lv.100 - HP: 339 (28/6) | Atk: 380 (10/252) | Def: 252 (27/0) | Sp.Atk: 189 (15/0) | Sp.Def: 223 (18/0) | Spd: 193 (3/252) | Hidden Power: 69, GHOST | Format: stat (IV/EP)

Tyranitar will hold the Choice Band. His attack power is pretty high.

Attacks:

Dragon Claw
    Stone Edge
    Giga Impact
    Iron Tail

Salamence, Naive, Lv.100 - HP: 322 (22/0) | Atk: 307 (31/6) | Def: 192 (27/0) | Sp.Atk: 316 (28/252) | Sp.Def: 166 (20/0) | Spd: 328 (31/252) | Hidden Power: 39, GROUND | Format: stat (IV/EP)

Salamence will hold the life orb.

Attacks:
    Draco Meteor
    Dragon Pulse
    Fire Blast
    Hyper Beam

Please give me feedback on my team so far. It is certainly undergoing work. What do you guys think?

On Lucario id change Aura Sphere to Focus Blast other wise its just a weaker Physical Lucario (Which Lucario could do ALOT more damage with Close Combat then Aura Sphere)
    I dont see the point in using Flash Cannon at all id use Hidden Power Ice there instead.
    Change Shadow Ball to Dark Pulse as Fighting/Dark is unresisted by almost nothing and now normal types cant come in on you and take no damage.
    Id also change Dragon Pulse as well since its a really weak move with no STAB boosting it...

Also Giga Impact and Hyper Beam may be very powerful moves but they shouldnt be used at all, that just gives someone the chance to bring in something and have a free setup right on you.

On Tyranitar id change his moves to
    Crunch/ Stone Edge / Earthquake / Pursuit
    Earthquake is better then Iron Tail because of its accuracy.
    No Tyranitar should go without a Dark Stab move...
    Pursuit for OHKOing choiced Ghosts like Rotom or Gengar stuck on a not very effective Shadow Ball.

And for Salamence change his moveset to..
    Draco Meteor / Outrage / Earthquake / Fire Blast

Dragon/Fire/Ground give comeplete coverage nothing resists the three.

As Nickoftime said your team is Mamoswine weak...
    Id reccomend Wish Passing Vaporeon, and for CroCune weakness maybe Celebi?

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2010
    Whats CroCune? And I see what you are saying about the attacks. The Lucario is all special attacks though. How do you think the EVs are?

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
  • suicune thats like the king of stall (unless you like taunt or encore but who does dat anymore =P)

suicune does this
    calm mind, calm mind, calm mind you do enough damage to it, rest , sleep talk for 2 turns then it sweeps with surf or ice beam
    here is the set
    Suicune
    calm mind
    rest
    sleep talk / ice beam
    surf
    Cursepert does the same thing but opposite
    Curse
    rest
    sleeptalk /earthquake
    waterfall

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2010
    I still don't know what stab is. can anyone help me with that?

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2010
    Ok thanks. But my question is yet to be answered. Are my EV's good?

Darkhunter101

Ice Trainer
    Years
  • They're fine, pretty standard.
    You're also weak to Gliscor and Mamo, which can be helped by vaporeon or CroCune.
    Also take all of Chain's move suggestions into consideration, they'll make your team a lot better.

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    No, do not use Focus Blast on Luke it has lol accuracy. Aura Sphere is fine.
    Do not use Flash Cannon or Dragon Pulse. Try something like Aura Sphere, Shadow Ball, HP Ice, Wacuum Wave.

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2010
    Moves changed for Lucario:

Psychic (fighting types are a threat)
    Aura Sphere
    Dark Pulse
    Either Water Pulse (for ground and fire) or Ice Punch

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    No, no, no! Do not use Psychic on Lucario. Psychic is a bad move if it's not STABed. And why are you using Ice Punch on a Choices Specs set? Use Hidden Power Ice.

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2010
    Oh ok. And also, is there any way I can battle online without the DS (I have WPA). Shoddy battle is boring. It doesnt have the animation of sound effects. I honestly think it defeats the purpose and takes away all the fun.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

There's no online battling program that has sound or animation. Besides, animations makes the battle much slower and take longer to finish.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Back