• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fellow PokeTubers

Years
    [First off, REALLY sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, wasn't 100% sure where to post it.]

Anywho, just curious if there are any other Pokemon ONLY YouTubers on here that are active with their channel. Just asking cause I've seen a lot of tubers give up on doing YouTube cause they're not making money or getting enough views.

For me personally, I'm in the process of pre-recording a bunch of videos for my YouTube, but haven't uploaded any yet cause it is noisy in my home and I would only be able to record just the gameplay without any audio (except the game itself, meaning no commentary).

So just wondering if anyone else here is recording for YT or not.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    I do have a YouTube channel with Pokemon related stuff, haven't uploaded in almost a year, mainly since I upload either Amie or tcg card openings, Amie I haven't done in a while, will wait until Sun/Moon to have fun with the new features, and the TCG cards I haven't bought in a long time, I spend most of my money on the plushies instead.
    My channel is: https://www.youtube.com/user/BigCatFanatic

I do plan on uploading a few videos later on if I do remember

zeno101200

The Wanderer
    Years
    I'm not a Pokemon-only channel, but I do pack opening videos and some other general Pokemon thoughts and things. It sounded like you're looking for Pokemon exclusive content channels, but figured I might as well at least comment here, haha. I have a link in my sig if you're interested. I'll also check out anyone else's stuff here if they'd like.

Honestly I wanted to know if there was a place I could post about my channel, but I was pretty nervous about it haha. I mean I've been doing videos for years, but I just started finally seeing growth so it's just a matter of time, and marketing yourself, basically.

Years
    I don't have one, but just thought I would post my thoughts on something.
    Just asking cause I've seen a lot of tubers give up on doing YouTube cause they're not making money or getting enough views.

There are too many people doing Youtube videos or streaming trying to get money. You shouldn't do it for the money, you should do it for fun because you like doing it and have fun doing it. If there is any money it should just be a small bonus to encourage you to make more, otherwise it will just end up as a chore for you.

zeno101200

The Wanderer
    Years
    There are too many people doing Youtube videos or streaming trying to get money. You shouldn't do it for the money, you should do it for fun because you like doing it and have fun doing it. If there is any money it should just be a small bonus to encourage you to make more, otherwise it will just end up as a chore for you.

I completely agree with this. And if you do want to worry about making money, it's only something that should be worried about when you get to a point where you're making money. The climb can be slow, or it can be fast, but especially starting out with the new way ads work, you won't be making money at the beginning unless you go viral somehow. It's a lot of fun (but can be expensive depending on what you do) to content create, so you especially shouldn't rely on Youtube solely as a job, especially early on.

Back