• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FFVII advent children

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    I saw this movie a while ago when it first came out and thought it was okay...

Erm, I thought the storyline was horrible, and felt it didn't pick up at all where FF7 had left off (Not that I was actually into the game itsellf either).

I think that by now it's rediculous that square enix is selling out the FF7 name with all these continuations (Crisis-Core, Dirge of Cerberus, Advent children, and whatever the hell else they come up with next).

Isn't it just time to end it?

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2007
    I saw this movie a while ago when it first came out and thought it was okay...

Erm, I thought the storyline was horrible, and felt it didn't pick up at all where FF7 had left off (Not that I was actually into the game itsellf either).

I think that by now it's rediculous that square enix is selling out the FF7 name with all these continuations (Crisis-Core, Dirge of Cerberus, Advent children, and whatever the hell else they come up with next).

Isn't it just time to end it?

The Final Fantasy VII compilation is Enix's attempt at apologizing for the Final Fantasy continuations that have come out following 2000. Final Fantasy X was received somewhat well because of its graphics, but fans felt betrayed by its storyline, and Cloud-esque main hero. Then, Final Fantasy X-2 only caused fans to be that much more angry. Because all fans want another VII to come out. They want more like that game, but there's no chance that Enix could ever produce it.

So, that's when Advent Children came to mind: A mini-movie. A spin-off. A prequel for the cellular phone. And even more? There's even been talks of the re-make, which has long since neither been proven wrong, or true. Just... danced around very carefully by Enix. But, yes. It's time to end it. However, as long as fans keep prancing around, denouncing the Final Fantasies which have came out, Enix will look to the old, to try and fuel the new.

Frankly. With Shinra fans, and UBER NO KAWAII Cloud fans looming about... We're screwed.

Kiyoshikane

Get with the program mai boy~
    Years
    OK, it's time to tell the truth: I have never played Final Fantasy VII. I did look at the graphics from the Japanese version, though, and I never liked them.

I have watched Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. I liked the movie, but I didn't care much for the storyline. In this case, we don't really need to care much for the plotline, because all the action will keep you entranced until the end of the movie...

... unless you're a real nitpicker. Then nobody likes you because you criticize too much :(

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Final Fantasy VII :advent children is a good movie. i never really liked the game that much. I found some of the characters boring. Like red13 and yuffie.
    Final Fantasy X is my favourite by far i enjoyed the story and i thought the characters were good. Although there were to many of them they should have left it with 5 only.
    But i think the should stop make follow ons and leave it with single games. then start a new story in the next game.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Keep this discussion solely to Advent Children or I'll have to move this into Other Games since at this rate, it's more of a FF franchise discussion. :\

Anyway, I enjoyed the movie as far as, well, eye candy goes. The animation is absolutely gorgeous. It's a great improvement over Spirits Within, at the very least, since the characters aren't creepy realistic. It's a good balance.

Plot-wise, however, I thought the movie failed hard. I played the game and was still lost during the movie. o_o; The character development was more or less null and that really detracted from it as a whole. It seemed like Squeenix was just trying to make a quick buck off a series they knew would do the trick (which is probably true, but still XD).

I loved the soundtrack though. Probably my favourite part of the movie. Nobuo Uematsu is love~

Back