• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fifa 11 / PES 2011

Years
  • Both demos are out now.

Mine are taking ages to download though.

46% on the PES one in 2 hours. :@

I had the same problem, but I've managed to download both. Had a little go on both last night, and I gotta say neither really stood out.

PES seems to have changed to more precision passing, as every pass, through ball, etc. MUST be precise. Not enough power and it'll be intercepted. Admittedly, I've read that this is going to be different to past PES's, so it's more a case of trying to get used to it. It also seemed slower to me than previous versions.

FIFA is your typical EA game really. Bar penalty taking, it played EXACTLY like FIFA 10. Being the goalie in the arena was pretty good mind, I could see it being fun to play as in proper game modes.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • I like both, though I usually favour PES more than FIFA. I haven't really played PES 2010 (except a French version in which I didn't understand most things), and I am pretty much loving FIFA 10, especially arena. I'll try the demos of both and see which will I buy.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    People who say that Fifa 11 plays like Fifa 10 are completely wrong.

The pace has gone down considerably, the passing is completely different, the shooting is much more technical and the tackles are much much better.

Overall..Eh. I just need to get used to it as it's basically made my whole play style useless. I can't do super quick passes around the other team and can't properly finesse my finish.

Still buying it though.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I've just played the FIFA 11 demo yesterday and today and I have to say, the game is amazing! The game play overall has improved drastically, so much so that you really do have to think with each pass you make (no more ping-pong football, I'm afraid). The one thing that really impressed me was the authenticity that I felt while playing the games. The graphics and personality plus combined really does make it feel like I'm controlling realistic players on a football pitch with my fingers. I recommend it to anyone who is thinking about purchasing the game and likes football or, for some people, soccer.

Years
  • I've played my fair share of each demo and I'm edging towards PES.

I feel like I can play really creatively on it, I like Fifa as well though but Personality+ was a huge let down, Ronaldo was the only player who seemed different because of it.

I'll still buy both but I'm starting to think that PES will get more game time.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • I haven't played the demos yet, but my cousin played them both and thinks that PES is better. Fifa has been better than PES these last two or three years (though I still prefered PES over Fifa), but after I saw PES's announcement trailer I thought it has improved a lot on the players' movements. I'll give a try on both of them.

Years
  • If you're buying used you may want to miss, EA have brought out a Online Pass system, you get a single use code to play online when you buy the game or you have to pay 800msp to get a code if you buy it used.

Anyway, I've been playing Fifa since last Friday and it's brilliant. PES is out tommorow but I don't have a clue when I'll get it.

seocompany

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2010
    I always laugh at the PSE and do not see why people think it is so good. They are like They move in a realistic manner, No, I feel much lighter and while walking in the air, The game is so ft I can not get this argument at all, it has always been the jerky motion and feel so little realistic compared to FIFA.

Years
  • EA have announced free ultimate team (Usually an add-on you pay for and IMO the best game mode) coming late November. They actually announced it a few days ago but I only just thought to post it here.

I might be picking up PES today. :D

Back