• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Fighting The Eilte Four, need opinons about team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Ok so I had no problem getting up to the fire guy (cant remember name) and he trashed me, so Ill post my team with move set and please make suggestions on what i can do to improve my team to beat them. Also just purely over powering them is not out of the question, just leveling them up will be a pain.

1. Torterra
    -Lvl 55
    -Item Big Root
    -move set
    @Wood Hammer
    @Giga Drain
    @Grass Knot
    @Earthquake

2. Noctowl
    -Lvl 53
    -Item N/A
    -Move set
    @Fly
    @Extrasensory
    @Psycho Shift
    @Toxic

3. Machoke
    -Lvl 52
    -Item Amulet Coin
    -Move set
    @Dynamic Punch
    @Vital Throw
    @Revenge
    @Rock Smash

4. Rapidash
    -Lvl 54
    -Item N/A
    -Move set
    @Fire Blast
    @Flame Wheel
    @Ember (would like to replace with Flare Blitz)
    @Bounce

5. Luxray
    -Lvl 54
    -Item Expert Belt
    -Move set
    @Spark
    @Thunder Fang
    @Charge Beam
    @Crunch

6. Bibarel
    -Lvl 47
    -Item Shell Bell
    -Move set
    @Rock Climb
    @Strength
    @Surf
    @Waterfall

Make any suggestions on anything. And Bibarel started out as an HM slave, but has acutely been really useful in many key battles, so don't opt him out as just an HM slave.

ACE9

is looking for a shiny miltank
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2013
    catch a gyrados to beat ronald mcdonald, replace bibarel
    evolve machoke
    you'll also need an ice type for cynthias garchomp
    you should also level up to like 60-65

Years
  • How can I evolve Machoke, I dont know any one to trade with and I dont feel like loosing my train machoke to some one i dont trust.

CrazyCarretta

It works!
    Years
  • The team I used to beat the elite 4 was kind of like yours
    Torterra lvl 73 (Definite powerhouse of my team)
    Earthquake (Use on Draipon, Infernape, Hippodown)
    Leaf Storm
    Giga Drain
    Razor Leaf

Empoleon Level 55 (Used for Fire types)
    Surf
    Waterfall (Use On Rapidash)
    Drill Peck (Use on Medicham)
    Ice Beam

Infernape Level 61 (use for bug types)
    Flare Blitz
    Fire Blast
    Flamethrower
    Close Combat

Gengar Level 58 (Use On last of elite 4)
    Dark Pulse
    Destiny Bond
    Night Shade
    Shadow Ball

I also Used Dialga level 54 and Lucario level 43 but they did pretty much nothing I hope this helps.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Firstly your levels are fine, I had a team of four with lower levels.

Charge Beam on Luxray isn't a good idea due to its high Attack and low Sp Attack. You should have kept charge and give him a magnet.

No more training Bibarel, you should just use him for stalling.

Fire Blast has to go on Rapidash and you might want to teach him something more helpful. Flamethrower is a lot more recommended than Fire Blast.

You might want to teach Machoke Ice Punch since Cynthia's Garchomp can be a real pain.

You should have kept Hypnosis on your Noctowl, that could have given you a major advantage due to Platinum's 70% Accuracy on Hypnosis.

You need to change the move sets on some of your Pokemon, Flint is only the beginning of your troubles.

Nash Bandicoot

Dingodile use Flamethrower!
    Years
  • first use Giratina (swap it for nectowl) have its moves shadow force, fly, dragon claw and ancient power.
    second get some revival herbs from Eterna city (lots of them!)
    third don't teach them status moves they are a wast of time (I go fine without them.)
    fourth you don't have very strong moves go to the heart scale man in Pastoria city or tms, get some strong moves, have: Tortera remember crunch to replace grass knot (this will be handy for the next one)
    Machoke should know stone edge (if you have it as a tm),strength, vital through is good and Payback if you have it. Have Rapidash learn flamethrower instead of ember and flare blitz instead of flamewheel.
    swap bibarel for a gastrodon with moves earthquake, muddy water, surf and waterfall.
    and then have luxuray learn thunder/thunder bolt to replace charge beam and swap discharge for spark.

what tms do you have?

Years
  • 1. Torterra
    -Lvl 55
    -Item Big Root
    -move set
    @Wood Hammer
    @Giga Drain -> Crunch
    @Grass Knot -> Curse
    @Earthquake
    Ugh, don't waste Torterra's good Attack stat by putting Special Attacks on it. Wood Hammer and EQ are fine, get Crunch for Lucian and Curse for boosts, Torterra doesn't care about Speed anyway. As Item, i recommend either something that recovers HP so you don't have to waste turns and money using potions while you Curse up, or something that boosts your attacking power.

2. Noctowl
    -Lvl 53
    -Item N/A
    -Move set
    @Fly
    @Extrasensory
    @Psycho Shift
    @Toxic
    Don't know much about Noctowl. I'm pretty sure you won't want to delete Fly. I'd probably put Reflect (sadly Noctowl can't learn Light Screen) on it to support the team and help you to Toxic stall, since both of Noctowls attacking stats aren't really great... As Item, i have no idea, seriouly. Light Clay would be a good option if you put Reflect on it

3. Machoke
    -Lvl 52
    -Item Amulet Coin
    -Move set
    @Dynamic Punch
    @Vital Throw -> Rock Slide/Rock Tomb
    @Revenge -> Earthquake
    @Rock Smash
    Dynamic Punch means it has No Guard? If not, replace it. With anything that's Fighting type. Rock Slide if you want power, Rock Tomb if you want to slow your opponents down. Sadly Machoke doesn't get Stone Edge, only Machamp does.... Earthquake is always nice to have. And you will probably want to keep Rock Smash, if not: Payback>it. Bulk Up is not an option, you can't get the TM pre-E4.

4. Rapidash
    -Lvl 54
    -Item N/A
    -Move set
    @Fire Blast -> Flare Bitz/Flamethrower
    @Flame Wheel -> Megahorn
    @Ember -> Iron Tail
    @Bounce
    You definetely don't need 3 Fire moves. So get either Flare Blitz or Flamethrower on one slot, Flare Blitz has by far the most power, while Flamethrower is the most reliable. Megahorn covers Psychics and Darks, Iron Tail can hit Rocks. As item, give it Luxray's Expert Belt

5. Luxray
    -Lvl 54
    -Item Expert Belt
    -Move set
    @Spark
    @Thunder Fang -> Return
    @Charge Beam -> Light Screen
    @Crunch
    Return is more powerful than any other move Luxray can get and hits a lot of stuff for neutral damage, Light Screen supports your Team, it's pretty much a filler since Luxray doesn't really have many options. As item, i have no idea, maybe a Muscle Band?

6. Bibarel
    -Lvl 47
    -Item Shell Bell
    -Move set
    @Rock Climb
    @Strength
    @Surf
    @Waterfall
    Too high for a slave, the rest of your team would have made more use of the Exp. But it might help you to get the time to revive dead team members since it's pretty bulky. So put the Shell Bell on Machoke or Torterra, don't use the beaver to attack.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back