• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy: Advent Children

Years
    Before anyone starts accusing me of posting it in the wrong forum, Advent Children is anime, so don't even start with me XP

Umm, I looked to see if there was a thread already created, but I couldn't find anything, so please don't go blaming me if there already is one that has been created in the last month ;o;

Anyways, I saw it the other day, in Japanese mind you, but it was awesome. Normally I don't like prequels or sequels to games no mater what form their in, but this certainly was a great carry on in my opinion.

Anyways of course, this thread will contain spoilers, but thats what Warnings are for at the start of posts. Seems like we don't have spoiler tags as far as I can see, though me eyes are probably skipping the tag XP

Anyways, in this thread, you can share information as well as discuss the film at all that connect to it.

I myself got the Advent Children Original Soundtrack the yesterday, and I simply love it D=

Umm, yeah, for those who didn't know, the American release date is the 25th of April, but UK fans can also buy it from Amazon.co.uk on that day as well, you can also pre-order.

Anyways, the voice actors are as follows for the English release:

Cloud Strife: Steve Burton
    Tifa Lockhart: Rachael Leigh Cook
    Kadaj: Steve Staley
    Rufus Shinra: Wally Wingert
    Reno: Quinton Flynn
    Rude: Crispin Freeman
    Yazoo: Dave Wittenberg
    Loz: Fred Tatasciore
    Vincent Valentine: Steve Blum
    Barett Wallace: Beau Billingslea
    Cid Highwind: Chris Edgerly
    Yuffie Kisaragi: Christy Romano
    Cait Sith: Gregg Ellis
    Red XIII: Liam O'Brien
    Reeve: Jamieson Price
    Tseng: Ryun Yu
    Elena: Bettina Bush
    Marlene: Wallace Grace Rolek
    Denzel: Benjamin Bryan
    Girl: Andrea Bowen
    Zack: Rick Gomez
    Aerith Gainsborough: Mena Suvari
    Sephiroth: George Newbern

Hmm, yeah, so discuss anything from the story's plot and characters to theories and so forth.

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
    Liam O'brien is Red!? Interesting....

Hai, hai, Advent Children IS anime. I definitely agree with you there. Anything animated from Japan is anime, whether made on a computer or not ^^

I don't really know much of the cast, but out of the VA I know, I think they are all right for the choices. It will be very interesting to see the English. I hope it's as good as the Japanese was.

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
    zerothetheif said:
    IMO Advent children aint anime cause it wasnt drawn!
    but...FF7:Last order is an anime.

But Japanese consider everything animated anime. (anime is actually Japanese for "animation") In any case, many anime are done with CG nowadays yet are still considered anime. AC is no exception.

Years
    Yami is right, it doesn't have to be drawn to be anime. Like she said, anime stands for 'Animation', not 'cartoon' ^_^

I too think its a good cast, I'm glad they didn't get holywood actors to act he part. I think their choice of picking professional voice actors was great, specially when some of them are from such a great game as Kingdom Hearts =D

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
    Yea I saw it while back, posted on a dif topic that was up here. Like I said before it was good for action and the graphics obviously but I enjoyed about the last 30-40min of the movie even though supporting characters like Barrett didn't have much of a role in the movie and for those who haven't played the game would be totally lost if they watched the movie.

Poke Mastr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2006
    Keitaro said:
    Yea I saw it while back, posted on a dif topic that was up here. Like I said before it was good for action and the graphics obviously but I enjoyed about the last 30-40min of the movie even though supporting characters like Barrett didn't have much of a role in the movie and for those who haven't played the game would be totally lost if they watched the movie.

Kinda like me XD But I wasnt really that much lost, since I've heard so much about FF7 from obsessed fans.

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
    Keitaro said:

Yeah, that kind of bugged me, even though I was expecting it. ^^
    It would have been nice if Nanaki (Red XII) had more than, like, two lines in the entire movie -_-

Still, like you said, the action was GREAT. I really liked the motorcyle fights and the fight in the forest. Very cool. Also, the CG was GREAT. It wasn't as realistic as it could have been, but I think the unrealistic style suited it better. There was a couple of times when the characters looked funny, like when Marlene looks straight up at the camera, but most of the time it was very fluid and gorgeous.

Years
    (Depends what you call spoilers but the following could contain spoilers)

It ticked me off that Nanaki one had a small part in the movie, just as much as it ticked me off that Yazoo only had a fraction bigger in the movie than what Nanaki did. My two favourite characters and they end up having the worst parts. Kadaj took on a lead role, and Loz even had his one on one with Tifa, but Yazoo had nothing other than his team battles with Loz, that pissed me off to the full.

Blah, anyways, there is news that there was a hint in the movie for a sequal or something to Final Fantasy VII, or a re-make of the original game as stated in an interview with one of the makers.

Oh and was it me, or was the scene when Marlene hides under Vincents cloak just plain adorable?

T-Master

Omgz TM
    Years
    To anyone who didn't already get the movie, there's a special going on right now at Walmart.com that involves getting Final Fantasy Advent Children Collector's Edition + Final Fantasy The Spirits Within for only $22, shipping included!

That's a steal, imo. :D

I can't post the link because direct linking to it doesn't work with IE6 and Firefox. So you have to search the site for "Advent Children"...

MistaCloudStrife

"I'll cut them off"
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2006
    Ookami said:
    (Depends what you call spoilers but the following could contain spoilers)

It ticked me off that Nanaki one had a small part in the movie, just as much as it ticked me off that Yazoo only had a fraction bigger in the movie than what Nanaki did. My two favourite characters and they end up having the worst parts. Kadaj took on a lead role, and Loz even had his one on one with Tifa, but Yazoo had nothing other than his team battles with Loz, that pissed me off to the full.

The movie was originally supposed to be only 30 minutes long with only Cloud and the Silver Haired Men, maybe a couple more characters. You should just be happy that Square gave you that "Nanaki Fan Service".

And I though the movie was awesome graphics-wise. Story-wise of course was pretty simple and the re-appearance of some characters just screamed "Fan Service" *cough*Rufus*cough*Sephiroth*cough*

falling up+
    Years
    Ok well I saw this in japanese without subtitiles, I already had it reserved at GameStop for the march 14th release date but now the English version is pushed into april as Oomaki stated...At least it will have a bonus disc with (hopefully) the animated short with Zack and Cloud.

I always enjoy hearing the dubbed version, and I beleive Square will do a good job with this one (cmon guys Rachael Leigh Cook as Tifa?! She is one fine looking VA! and uh...she has a great voice!)

Last edited:

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    I'll bet we won't get AC until sometime next year. Stupid slow Europe release dates, always takes too long.

Although they've already started selling the poseable figures in my local anime store, so you never know...

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    nah, doesn't take that long to dub a movie, as far as the april release goes, i'd say that'd probably be final. If not, i'd say summer max

Back