• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy Dissidia 012

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    hey guys, whats up! i was thinking and with 2 more characters its gonna 27 like square said and i think there will be at least 1 final fantasy without new characters :P

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    ...Are they making another one, or are you talking about the current one for the PSP? I never played it, but I heard it wasn't very good. (I don't have a PSP, but my brother does. Maybe if it's any good I might actually play it. :rambo: ...Assuming you're talking about a asequel, of course.)

Years
    More like a prequel but yes new one is coming out, and this game is not typical Final Fantasy RPG game so thats why probably many dont like it

i have around 40 Final Fantasy tittles in my collection, but i putted pause to it all so this game will have to wait

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    Oh, ok. I might actually play this one then! (Although I'm still nontheless cautious about the first one. Game Informer only gave that one a 6.5 out of 10.) Who do you think will be included?

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    I liked Dissidia,a good game. It'll awesome if 012 had character from Final Fantasy Tactics, i loved that game

Last edited:

Wasen

The Wolf of Darkness
    Years
    I wonder what more new character they will add. They have already said Kain (FF4) and Lightning (FF13) will be in the game so I'm looking forward for it :)

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    The new characters for Duodecim will be:
    Kain Highwind [FF4]
    Gilgamesh [FF5]
    Tifa Lockhart [FF7]
    Aerith Gainsborough as a Support character [FF7]
    Laguna Loire [FF8]
    Yuna [FFX]
    Prishe [FFXI]
    Vaan [FF12]
    Lightning [FF13]

The returning characters will have different movesets and costumes.
    Instead of having a chessboard like gameplay in the first game, It will have a world map styled play, allowing a Party of 3.

Delphinus

Auxiliary bro
    Years
    The lack of Vivi depresses me.

Despite hating the plot of the original, it was fun enough to convince me that I should probably pick up a copy of the prequel at some point. The gameplay was fun enough for me to like it.
    The assists seem like a really good addition that could create some cool looking combos.

razzbat

dancer
    Years
    Oh, ok. I might actually play this one then! (Although I'm still nontheless cautious about the first one. Game Informer only gave that one a 6.5 out of 10.) Who do you think will be included?
    don't judge games by reviews, gameinformer gave 6.5 to yakuza 3 which is one of the finest ps3 games out there, (though it has been bettered by the legendary yakuza 4).
    I'll probably pick up this game after I've played my share of FF. so far i haven't completed any, and I feel there will be a few spoilers within DDFF that I don't want to see.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    Nah, don't worry. The story of Dissidia is completely seperate from the mainstream games. I haven't played many of the main games, but when I played Dissidia, there weren't really many references to the games themselves. So yeah, I reckon it should be fine.

razzbat

dancer
    Years
    Nah, don't worry. The story of Dissidia is completely seperate from the mainstream games. I haven't played many of the main games, but when I played Dissidia, there weren't really many references to the games themselves. So yeah, I reckon it should be fine.
    i was checking through the alternate costumes on the website and i found out something about kaine from ffiv that really spoiled it for me. i got dissidia too but i stopped playing half-way through as i felt i wanted to know the characters more from their actual game, rather than looking at the characters within dissidia first, if that makes sense. :p

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    Ahh. I see. Well, alright then.
    Well, actually, I don't really have any major plans to get Duodecim myself. xDD;;
    I'm planning on getting Black, and Tales of Symphonia 2. So, yeah. =3=
    Eventually, maybe.
    Oh, not to mention the 3DS. xD;

Anyway!
    It looks brilliant.
    Out of curiousity, if you get the game...
    Which three characters would you choose as your main team, and why?

Back