• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy X remake on the PS3 and Vita!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • The characters all have high-poly models that are swapped in whenever it's possible to display them in a real time cutscene, so a good start would be to use those for in-game play, or at least stop switching between the two during scenes.
    Well they could go higher. :/ I replayed half of FFX this summer before my I got to a scratch on the disc or something and it wouldn't play anymore and the characters seemed fairly derp to me even in cutscenes.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Well a stupid idea would be to use the CGI cutscene assets instead but that's not actually practical.

Besides, it's all well and good improving the characters but then they'd have to do the same for the monster graphics, particle effects and environments.

Koi

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    OMG, Final Fantasy X was my first PS2 game and best FF game I ever played!! =D
    Just thinking about playing it again with HD and possibly surround sound makes me very excited!! XD

Kaiyori

Godzrilla hungry?
    Years
  • I loved FFX, it was my first Final Fantasy game, and is my fav Final Fantasy game. I hope it's a total remake and not just a "bump" in graphics, I want to see XIII's level of graphics.

But I still think a remake of FFVII would have been better. And all this will do is piss off fans of VII. I think Square made the wrong move here, because a remake of VII would have made them so much money.

This. FANBOY MAD RAGE TIME!

But realistically it won't happen, Square enix have said themselves like people in this thread have stated that it would simply take too long. I think it was about 7 years estimate?

Which to me personally, is even more reason to get started ASAP.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I get the feeling by "remake" they mean "clean up the textures and upscale the whole damn thing to 1080p" like the other PS2 remasterings. I wouldn't expect anything too mind-blowing, certainly nothing compared to the VII tech demo they showed years ago.

Back