• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
le herp a la derp. I'm late with this update~

Last live letter Q&A was posted with some info on both the 2.28 patch and the 2.3 patch.

Q1: What will be required to progress with the Saga of the Zodiac quest?

A1: You will be able to progress with the quest as long as you have an Animus version of the Zodiac weapon.

Q2: When will we be able to customize the stats on the Zodiac weapons?

A2: It will be possible to start customizing with the Novus weapons.

Q3: Are there any plans to make it easier to progress with the Saga of the Zodiac quest (i.e. increase FATE spawn rates, increase drop rate of Atma, decrease the number of Mythology tomestones to obtain books, etc.) in the future?

A3: There are no immediate plans to make adjustments to the quest (2.28 and 2.3). However, we may make adjustments in the future.

Furthermore, we do have plans to increase the number and location of Mythology tomestones obtained content in the near future so it will be easier to obtain books.

Q4: What item level will the Novus weapons be?

A4: Item level 110.

Q5: Will the design or glow of the Novus weapons change?

A5: Yes! We wanted to make them flashy and as such they will be different.

Q6: The Trials of the Braves are supposed to be ancient texts that showcase the deeds of the Zodiac Brave heroes, but why are modern imperial weapons shown in the book?

A6: The Trials of the Braves is an ancient text that was translated into a current Eorzea edition. Just as Jalzahn explains, it traces the deeds of the Zodiac Braves and if you put it into terms of Eorzea currently, it's lore is similar to that monster...

Q7: Will the hard and the extreme modes of the Ramuh fight be implemented at the same time?

A7: Yes, both fights will be implemented at the same time!

Q8: What will the Ramuh fight be like? Will there be any mechanics like the Titan and Leviathan fights where players can fall out of the battlefield?

A8: It's a secret!

Q9: During the main scenario, it mentions that Ramuh is a guardian deity, and even if he was summoned again, as long as you do not disturb the Sylph's territory then you should have no fear of being hit by his lightning. So why will we end up needing to fight him?

A9: Explaining this in detail will naturally be a huge story spoiler, so please be sure to play through the main scenario to find out why Ramuh has been summoned and why the Scions of the Seventh Dawn must do battle with him.

Q10: I don't recall seeing the name of the instanced dungeon "Hullbreaker Isle" before. Where is it located?

A10: The dungeon is located in the Southern area of La Noscea. Please stay tuned to learn about the unique mechanics and how it tie in with the main story!

Q11: Show us a video of the new dungeons!

A11: (Introduces them with images)

Q12: Tell us the item level of the rewards we can obtain in the new dungeons.

A12: We'll make an announcement for this information soon as we are still making last minute adjustments.

Q13: Will there be weapon drops from the Ramuh fight? If so, what are the item levels on the weapons?

A13: Yes, there will be weapons and also accessories that you can obtain from the fight. The item level of the reward will be 100. However, the main reward of the fight will be accessories and the weapons will be a rare drop.

Q14: Will there be rare drops from the new instanced dungeon similar to the "baby opo-opo" minion that drops in the instanced dungeon "Brayflox's Longstop (Hard)?"

A14: I checked with the "Minion Union" and their answer was "Maybe? Maybe not."

Q15: Will it be possible to desynthesize all items?

A15: Not all items, but it will be possible to desynthesize a large amount of items -- even fish.

Q16: Are there different levels of difficulties in "The Hunt?"

A16: Yes. Some of the marks can be defeated solo by an item level 90 player and some may require a group of players to defeat. While it's difficult to say how difficult they will be, we will be preparing a variety of hunts. Please stay tuned!

Q17: When are you planning to buff the black mage job?

A17: The adjustments will go live in patch 2.3. The general direction of the buff is "increasing DPS on a single target." Please note that the adjustment will not be only for the black mage and we are currently looking into other jobs as well.

Q18: Are there any plans to make it easier for us to obtain the sands/oil of time?

A18: You will be able obtain them in the new Crystal Tower dungeon in patch 2.3. Instead of increasing the drop rate, we want to increase the location of where the item can be obtained from.

Q19: When will we be able to reallocate our companion skill points?

A19: We're planning to make this possible in patch 2.3.

Q20: Will there be different items you can desynthesize based on what Disciples of the Hand class you are?

A20: There will be different desynthesis skills for each of the eight Disciples of the Hand classes, and at level 30 you will learn a skill for desynthesis. This is a skill that is somewhat different than the original FFXIV: ARR system, and it is a system where you can increase the skill itself. In order to grow this skill, you will need points, but these points are shared between the eight different desynthesis skills, so it will not be possible to max all of them out.

Q21: What kind of rewards will we be able to obtain through "The Hunt?"

A21: You will be able to trade-in allied marks (points obtained by defeating marks) for items such as armor that is currently traded for Mythology tomestones, unique items that can only be obtained from this content, and alexandrites which is required for upgrading your Animus weapon into a Novus weapon.

Q22: Will we see any famous FINAL FANTASY series monster appear as bosses in the new instanced dungeons?

A22: A familiar krakken monster will appear that you FINAL FANTASY fans may recognize. I wonder what kind of battle it will be...

Q23: Can you tell us more about the content "The Hunt?"

A23: The content will consist of players earning allied marks by defeating specified monsters called "marks."

There will be different ranks of marks. The higher the rank, the more allied marks you will obtain.

While there's no time limit for these marks, there will be weekly (via Grand Company) and daily marks which you can defeat to obtain bonus allied marks.

Q24: Will you have to finish the Sylph beast tribe story quests in order to challenge Ramuh?

A24: You can still challenge Ramuh without completing the Sylph beast tribe storyline. However, the beast tribe story quest is a story that is related to the Sylph tribe overall, and if you play through it beforehand, their relation t o Ramuh will be easier to understand. Naturally, you can also play through these quests after you battle Ramuh too!

Q25: Can you tell us more about the desynthesis system?

A25:
Simply put, you will be able to break down items and obtain materials? We understand players have unused gear which they have previously crafted or obtained through battle content and you will now be able to break them down. Also, there are rare materials that you can obtain through the desynthesis system.

Please note that this system does not just consist of pressing a button to break down an item. In fact, it consists of players using special desynthesis skills to break down an item. We specifically designed this content for the crafters to enjoy.

Q26: Will the items you can obtain from desynthesis be random each time where you can obtain a rare item if you're lucky?

A26: You'll obtain a material that the item is made of. Depending on the level of your desynthesis skill and the level of the item you are desynthing, what kind of item and the amount you obtain will be vary. Obtaining these items, you can do something and obtain rare items. Also note that it's not 100% you will get all the materials back.

Q27: Are there any restrictions such as item levels for desynthesis?

A27: You won't be able to desynthesize the highest item level items that were added in the most recent patch. Also, whether or not your desynthesis succeeds is dependent on your desynthesis skill and the item level of the item you are desynthing, so if you skill is low and attempt to desynthesize a high item level item, you don't stand a chance at succeeding and it won't be possible to desynth in cases like this.

As we move forward with patches, the items added recently will become possible to desynth.

Q28: Please tell us more about Suzuki. What is he in charge of?

A28: Suzuki is in charge of graphics, art, character, motion, cutscene, and effects. He's also in charge of making sure none of these fall behind the schedule.

Q29: Suzuki, have you ever screamed out "Yoshidaaaaaa!" at work or have you ever wanted to? If you have, can you tell us the reason?

A29: Well, not really during work, but when I'm watching Letter from the Producer LIVE and I'm surprised by an announcement (you know, the ones we are still working on) I want to scream out his name.

Q30: Suzuki, are there any moments you felt happy about being the lead artist? And the opposite?

A30: I enjoy being able to interact with a wider of sections using my previous experience as an animator and technical artist. However, it was really tough in the beginning because there was a lot of stuff I didn't know about when it came to the sections I had never interacted with in the past.

Q31: There's a lot of content currently where you can memorize the patterns in order to win, but in the future will you be implementing content with random elements?

A31: Even now there are random elements in content where you might not know who is going to be targeted, so we aren't making content without any random elements at all; however, we do not have any plans to make the random elements stronger and our direction is to fundamentally make it so as long as you do the content properly you'll be able to clear it without leaving it up to luck. The reason being that if we were to make these random elements stronger, during really close end-game battles there would be a lot more stress placed on everyone.

In one of the dungeons we are adding in patch 2.3 there will be a bit more of a random element than you've seen up until now, so please let us know your feedback.

Q32: Suzuki, can you explain to us the basic process of how a piece of gear is designed?

A32: (Images shown in the stream)

Q33: Suzuki, are there any plans to implement more vanity gear like the spring gear?

A33: Yes, we have plans to implement additional vanity gear in the future. In patch 2.3, we will implement the "Night Wear."

Q34: Please implement a DPS tool and a feature that shows a monster's HP %.

A34: An HP % display shouldn't be too hard so we'll look into it when I get back.

In regards to a DPS tool, we don't have any plans to implement something you can use during battle. If we were to implement something like this, it would be a necessity for content and we feel it would cause conditions where lines are drawn by players saying a certain amount of DPS output is bad.

However, I understand the requests to be able to know how much DPS you are doing. While it is a bit off in the future, we are thinking to make it so you can understand how much DPS you are doing by having content for beginners where you have to reach a certain amount of DPS within two minutes to clear it.

Q35: Suzuki, are there any plans to make the unique/untradeable gear (obtained through dungeons, etc.) dyeable?

A35: Currently, the basic policy is only making crafted gear dyeable and unique/untradeable gear cannot be dyed.

Q36: Suzuki, are there any plans to make the glass frames dyeable?

A36: Yes, we do have plans to make them dyeable (actual images shown in stream).

Q37: Suzuki, are there any plans to implement new emotes similar to the manderville and step dances?

A37: While there won't be any in patch 2.3 (and/or any near patches), we do have plans to implement unique emotes tied to seasonal events. Other than that, new standing/sitting emotes will be added in patch 2.28.

Q38: Suzuki, are there any plans to implement a cuter-looking chocobo barding in the future?

A38: Currently, all the bardings are designed with the primals in mind. However, we are currently designing mounts that can be mounted by 2 players.

Q39: Suzuki, can you tell us about the difficulties you ran into with adding new hairstyles?

A39: I struggled quite a bit expressing the longer hairstyles. When transferring the hairstyles to other races, it was difficult to get the balance right with Miqo'te's ears and such. Also, we made them while paying attention to how they fit with equipment.

Q40: Suzuki, are there any plans to implement any male-specific vanity gear?

A40: Originally, we were planning for the spring wear to be female-specific and the sailor wear to be male-specific. However, we came to a conclusion that the sailor wear looks awesome on females too so we implemented it for the females as well. Don't worry, we do have plans to implement male-specific vanity gear in the future!

Q41: Suzuki, comparing the graphics and designs of FFXIV 1.0 to FFXIV: ARR, could you tell us what you think improved and what you think was better in 1.0?

A41: Making the change to FFXIV: ARR, the graphic engine was overhauled, so the overall graphical quality increased. Especially with the expression of shadows, I think it really took the art to another level. In addition to this this, I think the scenery and dye support were done well and the tempo of movement also improved.

I really think that overall FFXIV: ARR became better, but if I had to choose an example of something that I liked from 1.0, a lot of time was spent on the lighting and effects for the cutscenes, and I think they were done well.

Q42: Suzuki, are there any plans to implement a skirt where the length is somewhere between a mini-skirt (starter gear for female hyur and miqo'te) and a long skirt (spring skirt)?

A42: We intentionally did not design middle-ranged skirts due to how the game is designed. For example, darklight feet goes up to a character's knees. It hides perfectly when you wear a long skirt and shows perfectly when you wear a mini-skirt. However, if you take the middle of these two, it will interfere, so we haven't been able to make it.

However, I understand that having a bunch of different patterns would be fun, so I'd like to take on the challenge.

other notes said:
Regarding Fantasia:

Here are a few details regarding the purchase of Fantasia which will be made available in patch 2.28.
•Purchasable by service account (item granted to all characters)
•Three purchase options will be available (one, three, or five phials)
•Up to nine can be purchased in total
•Will be delivered via the moogle delivery system and cannot be traded
•The option to purchase a specific number of phials coming at a later date

Here is a brief overview of the Patch 2.28 content that was shown during the Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XIV.
•The continuation of the Saga of the Zodiac
•Adjustments to the behavior of pets while jumping
•New objectives will be added to the Challenge Log
•The introduction of the Sightseeing Log
•New filtering and sorting options for the Expert Delivery user interface
•Adjustments to PvP in the Wolves' Den
•The ability to register for Good King Moggle Mog XII (Extreme) and Leviathan (Extreme) via the Duty Finder
•The Echo will be applied to pets
•Filtering options added to the Crafting Log
•The ability to display the map from the Gathering Log
•Durability will increase to 199% when repairing with a Disciple of the Hand class
•Auto-sort of the party list when undertaking duties
•The ability to participate in High-Level and Expert Duty Roulettes in a party
•Adjustments made to the player commendation system
•Equipment preview feature
•Adjustments to the party finder
•FATE progress will be displayed on the map
•Teleporting via the Aetheryte icon on the map
•Addition of text commands to clear the chat log
•A list of text commands will be added
•The ability to dismount via controller by pressing L1+R1 (LB+RB) at the same time
•Titles will be displayed on a player's name plate
•The ability to skip previously viewed cutscenes

So there were a lot of things mentioned. Too many to pull from memory alone so I'll attack this again after I make proper notes XD

Anyway, what do you like? What do you have questions about? I'm a bit floored by the Desynthesis. I was expecting something a bit better, but its not horrible I guess.

Some notable dates:

June 4/5: Patch 2.28
June 10: E3 Announcements (The two new classes)
June 12: Patch 2.3 second live letter.
Later in June (End of possibly) Maybe July: Patch 2.3

I'll clean this up when its not this close to midnight.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I need to get back into this and finish the content that's already there... damn!

Not quite lv 40 :(

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Updates from the E3 live letter~

All times in EST. If there is some official source doing this instead, please let me know so I can be lazy~

3:59 - Soothing Final-Fantasy Music is playing. Still waiting for the event to start.

4:00 - Red screen with Square Enix Presents, and some basic event info displayed. Still waiting.

4:02 - Looks like we might be officially starting. Bayohne is doing a basic intro.

4:03 - Bayohne saying lots of exciting stuff planned for today. Bayohne is official host for today, Yoshi P is also there, along with Fernhalwes for translation.

4:04 - Talking about the E3 Battle Challenge against Leviathan. First round of Challenges completed, and one group out of the first round succeeded. Apparently there is a huge line going all the way around their booth.

4:06 - Basic Fernehalwes & Yoshi P intros, preparing to get into the real meat of things.

4:07 - Focus for today on questions/things that mainly pertain to the western users (things western audience wanted to hear about). Questions starting.

4:07 - Q1 - Ever consider a /hug emote? - Lots of people interested. Yoshi wants a /slap emote as well. They're working on both. May be some graphical overlap/issues, but think emote is more about the emotion, so not as worried about potential graphical/animation issues.

4:09 - Q2 - Ever consider any Relic-Quest like tool for DoH/DoL? - 2.3 introducing desynthesis system; opens the door for more opportunities for DoH/DoL materials and systems. Potentially may consider something relic-quest-ish for DoH/DoL at a later date? Yoshi P wonders if people really want a super-glowy relic-like DoH/DoL tool?

4:11 - Q3 - Will we see more of the 1.0 story or areas in 2.0 as we move on? - 2.3 will be opening up new areas, including for frontlines, including a new area of Cartaneau plains, so you'll be able to see how the years have affected those areas. As for Coerthas, stay tuned~ ('soon' with a big smiley on Fernehalwes/Yoshi P's faces)

4:13 - Q4 - In last letter, Yoshi P talked about a super-difficult battle, give us more details? - Specifically speaking, we were talking about a Binding Coil EX, or Brutal mode, English translation is strongly considering calling it 'Brutal' mode, because of how high the difficulty is tuned.

4:16 - Q4 Continued - The Brutal mode would be a powered up version of all 4 bosses you fight in the Binding Coil. In QA, they originally started with Coil with a much harder version, but QA over time tuned it down to be much easier before they were ever released, Brutal mode will effectively be the 'Type 0' version, or the pre-QA version of the binding coil fights, where even the Dev team couldn't complete them.

4:17 - Q4 Continued - An example, is with one of the original fights, you were given a debuff, where if you moved, you immediately exploded, but there was nearly no information given to the players to communicate what was happening, or why; they don't want it quite that opaque, but much less easy to figure out/understand than current edition. Drops will likely be the same; not completely just 'for fun'. Sounded like that bit is a bit in flux/TBD. Weekly flag for normal and brutal version would be the same; and must have cleared normal version at least once to enter brutal mode. Special title would also be awarded on completion.

4:20 - Q4 Still going - We want it to be a test; for now we'll probably stick with the same loot, but we really want to watch closely how many people can complete it/etc. to consider what to do with this idea in the future. Brutal mode ETA: 2.3.

4:21 - Q5 Tell us about new jobs and expansions and stuff! - It's been a year since last E3, and beta, so we want to give you guys something special. Video shown

4:22 - New Class : Rogue - Many dagger attacks and dagger throws and such.
YIiYRN7.png

4:23 - New Job: Ninja - Ninja magic and daggers
YxjGS4i.jpg

4:23 - I'd love to flip these updates to the top, but Yoshi-P & Co talks too fast for me to flip it all around, sorry!

4:24 - Expansion - Still some time off, expect to hear more about that in some event in London (GDC?). So we want to talk about something coming sooner. Rogue and Ninja coming in patch 2.4.

4:24 - Discussing new jobs - Each class has their own history, and guilds, etc. So lore-wise, Rogue fits in better than 'Thieves' do. Rogues were once just thieves, but now something that has a bit more lore/backstory to it, and fits more with the world.

4:27 - More job info - Movement speed in the field for Rogues is slightly faster than other classes. Their fall damage is also lower.

4:27 - Part of Rogue mechanics deals with using poison on their blades, with multiple different kinds (different stances?). Different types of poisons for different situations.

4:29 - Showing off some printed screenshots, in true Yoshi-P fashion, of the new Rogue class. You do not have two different weapons, it is a single 'set' of weapons, like monk fists.

4:30 - Screenshot of Ninja this time. Showing off their AF armor. Ninja includes Ninjutsu in along with the previously mentioned Rogue Poisons. Ninjutsu based on hand-gestures (lore~)

4:31 - Different combinations of the hand-signs for Ninja create different spells/effects (also possible to fail the combinations).

4:32 - Not as stressful on positions as say Monk; instead mostly focused on selecting right combinations of poisons and signs to be effective.

4:33 - Ninja has a skill where they can jump on the monster's head and stab them; Bayohne asking if it can be used on all monsters in that way? - Yup; you can do it from Ifrit to Ladybugs. Ninjas go for the kill, from Squirrel to Mandragora. Positioning does differ a bit per-monster, try and find out.

4:35 - Any more Behemoth/Odin style fates? - Starting in 2.3, we have something a little different planned - Hunts, lots of different NMs and monsters being added. As for Behemoth/Odin style fates: while they don't rule them out in the future, for now they want to focus on this new system instead.

4:36 - Could we get a 'Minstrel's Ballad' style fight vs the Garlean generals? - It all depends on the wandering Minstrel (Yoshi P saying while chuckling, take that as you will). For fanfest, coming up in Nov. in Japan, one of the first ideas was to make actually a fight for the Garlean Generals as a special fight for that event. Since people are asking though, they may consider making it a legitimate fight in game, since they already have some groundwork done on it.

4:37 - Housing Questions - Private housing has not gone away; it's still on the list, just not ready yet. 2.3 is getting Private rooms on initial launch. Private housing they want to get out though by 2.38-2.4 at latest.

4:40 - Shiva, tell us about her~ - Yoshi P laughing because when they first made the E3 poster, it had Ramuh, but just wasn't cool/sexy enough, so they made a new one featuring Shiva instead so the American PR team would be happy.

4:41 - More Shiva info - Shiva won't be appearing in 2.3, but her story will begin during 2.3; she has a long and complicated story linking between 2.3 all the way up to the Expansion. Want people to look forward to eventually building up towards an actual confrontation with Shiva as they release more patches and info in the future.

4:43 - Eight-Man Dungeons? - Ever thought of adding more beyond the existing two story dungeons? Really long response in JP from Yoshi. They realize that because the game is global, every community has their own interests and styles of playing/needs. They get a lot of comments about wanting more or less of ___ types of content, from solo to eight man (or more) content. They want to be able to provide stuff of all types, but they can only make so much at one time. First up has been light-party content and primal battles, followed by solo content. Eight-man content/dungeons are on the list though, but they take longer fundamentally to make (at a high level of quality) than solo or four man content does.

4:46 - 'Good Job' yoshi-p pats fernhalwes on the back after the long translation, humorous.

4:47 - Any content planned for larger/super-large FCs? Many kinds of FCs out there, from FCs 200+ members, down to 4-5 members. It's extremely difficult to create FC focused content that can scale to those kinds of levels, so for the moment, there are no particular plans for FC content of that type. They are aware people want more FC Activites/things that their FC can do though, so they're considering a kind of FC Quests/Goals lists that individual people can take part in. Hoping to have that system in place by 2.4. They like the system because it can scale reasonably to both large and small FCs.

4:50 - Unique stats for weapons and armor? Will they ever make a comeback? - Fernehalwes struggling with translation, Yoshi P teasing him while they figure it out. - They were worried about unique stats/etc. because it effectively creates too many 'Must have' items that are OP and fundementally change fight balance, but they're currently re-thinking that position, and feel like it might be time to start to introduce some more unique/varied stats into gear. Currently just a see-saw act internally between trying to keep fight balance stable and create interesting/unique/exciting gear.

4:54 - Airships / FC Airships - They haven't forgotten about them. Yoshi P holding up a concept art piece of an estate basement/airship engineering bay. How do they fit in your basement? Magic. Once you release it out of your basement it becomes full size. Airship scale is actually shown in the image with a little tiny white outline of a person. Airships are huge. Airships are intended to be an investment/task a whole FC can get behind.

4:58 - Roaming Primals - What about the idea of roaming/capturable FC summons in the overworld that was originally planned back before release? Haven't canned the idea. It's still on their plate, but they want to find a way to make it actually feel good in the lore/story, not just spontaneously be a giant wandering Ifrit.

4:59 - Marriage System Info - Lots of stuff for 2.3(4? I didn't hear clearly) planned. Is going to be open to any two players, regardless of race, region, gender, etc. After discussion, the Dev team felt like there should be no restrictions on it in Eorzea. Considering special mount(s) for married couples, possibly a two-person mount.

5:02 - PvP/Dueling/Frontline - Not really thinking about duels as a major system; don't really feel like it could be made into something that's really very fun. They do want to at least find some basic way to include a dueling method to at least gauge each other's PvP prowess and statistics etc. (Kind of a weird response.)

5:04 - Will Relics ever visually change? - Yes, the step after Novus will have more significant visual changes to Relic weapons. Eventually, there will be a 'final' version of relic weapons; that truly represents the original/ancient 'Zodiac Braves' weapon.

5:06 - Is there any future purpose planned for the EX Primal tokens (Rowena Tokens)? - For 2.3, nothing is planned for them. In the future, there will be more Primal battles/etc. though, so maybe they can find some way to use them in the future? They said don't worry about collecting a pile of them or hanging onto them forever though, anything they do with them is a long way away, if ever.

5:09 - Duty Finder & Chocobos - Yoshi P face onto desk at this question and making whining sounds. They know players really want to be able to queue with/use chocobos in dungeons, but it's a huge hurdle for them systems-wise. They're trying a lot of different options to see if they can get it to work, but they're worried it's such a big change they may have to temporarily stop content creation while they get it in place. Regardless, it's coming, just ETA on it is a bit in flux while they try to find the right way/time to get it to work.

5:12 - Possibilities of different hud settings/presets, ex. based on class/role? - System-wise they can do it, and it's on the task list, but it's a lot of work to do. It may take a bit, but they definitely want to get it done.

5:14 - Parting remarks - Where should fans look for the next big reveals? Do they have to wait super long? Maybe tune back in for more at E3? - Yoshi P laughing because this question wasn't on the script (improvised by Bayohne). Rest of E3 is mostly on 2.3; Fanfest will also have lots of big stuff too. In-game bonuses for Fan-fest tickets most likely. New information will be forthcoming.

5:16 - Please look forward to it. [End of Presentation]

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
FRONTLINE PREVIEW!

Ok so the general gist. Frontline is going to be large group PvP content based on Capture the flag. There is a little twist. The entire thing is Point based and you get points in various ways.
1) By holding a flag post.
2) Defeating opposing players
3) Defeating randomly spawned Monsters that appear in the field.

Yes PvE action mixed with PvP action. Best of both worlds.

This is also a very large scaled fight. There are 3 opposing 24 man raid groups. Each 24 man group is made up of 3 teams of 8. There won't be any sort of set party as far as I'm aware as you can switch your class and job at any point of the Frontline so long as you are in your base.

So unlike most PvP fights in other games, this isn't 1 vs 1. Its 1 vs 1 vs 1. If three teams from different factions meet, its no holds bar mayhem. They are going to include some new items exclusive to the Frontline, though nothing has been shown outside of the prize mount, the Warhorse.

Speaking of mounts, unlike most other content, Frontlines allow for mounts to be ridden on the field. You still impose the heavy status effect if hit while mounted though. With the inclusion of Ninja in the patch after this I'm so excited >.<

55efe7893cea8d3159727e4f291db2da455c74e7.png

55efe7893cea8d3159727e4f291db2da455c74e7_0.png

55efe7893cea8d3159727e4f291db2da455c74e7_1.png

55efe7893cea8d3159727e4f291db2da455c74e7_2.png

55efe7893cea8d3159727e4f291db2da455c74e7_3.png

55efe7893cea8d3159727e4f291db2da455c74e7_4.png

55efe7893cea8d3159727e4f291db2da455c74e7_6.png

Back