• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
You'll want to level THM to at least 26 so you can get Swift Cast from it as a cross class skill. Its almost mandatory and saves your skin more times than you'll be able to count.

Oh no, don't say that :P I'm up to level 13 now. Gonna spam Leves next time I'm on to get up to 15.

I will push for Swift Cast, later on, but for now I am hating THM :<.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Oh no, don't say that :P I'm up to level 13 now. Gonna spam Leves next time I'm on to get up to 15.

I will push for Swift Cast, later on, but for now I am hating THM :<.

Well its easier to play since it has one main rotation. But Swiftcast is essential to all magic users. For healers you get an instant raise out of it, and for Summoner, you can instant recast a summon which takes about 5-8 seconds to summon, or combat raise just as a healer. You can even use it to instant cast Shadow Flare when you get it. XD

Dungeons and Duty Finder bonus make it a bit easier to level.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Well its easier to play since it has one main rotation. But Swiftcast is essential to all magic users. For healers you get an instant raise out of it, and for Summoner, you can instant recast a summon which takes about 5-8 seconds to summon, or combat raise just as a healer. You can even use it to instant cast Shadow Flare when you get it. XD

Dungeons and Duty Finder bonus make it a bit easier to level.

I totally neglected THM today.

Pushing towards 30 Weaving and 30 Botany! I'm very close to the stage now where I can make my own Linen Clothes - and Weaving has the advantage of being able to dress itself (annnd the gathering classes as well).

>:3 MAKEMAKEMAKE

I did, momentarily, run out of Lightning Shards but restocked quickly XD.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I totally neglected THM today.

Pushing towards 30 Weaving and 30 Botany! I'm very close to the stage now where I can make my own Linen Clothes - and Weaving has the advantage of being able to dress itself (annnd the gathering classes as well).

>:3 MAKEMAKEMAKE

I did, momentarily, run out of Lightning Shards but restocked quickly XD.

Its very easy to run out of shards XD

We're getting another update soon. There is maintenance tomorrow night that lasts until Thursday Morning. Patch update 2.25. Nothing is known about the patch as of yet, but we were told during the live letter for Patch 2.2 that they'd continue the Zodiac Quest in this patch. Probably to upgrade past Animus. (hopeful)

Testing out some screenies

Bl4LcxPIQAAIB6Y.jpg:large

Looks so much better on my HD TV. =C

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Its very easy to run out of shards XD

We're getting another update soon. There is maintenance tomorrow night that lasts until Thursday Morning. Patch update 2.25. Nothing is known about the patch as of yet, but we were told during the live letter for Patch 2.2 that they'd continue the Zodiac Quest in this patch. Probably to upgrade past Animus. (hopeful)

Testing out some screenies
<snip>
Looks so much better on my HD TV. =C

Sexy screenshot~

Are these quests you speak of lv 50 quests? noob

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Sexy screenshot~

Are these quests you speak of lv 50 quests? noob

The weapon quest yes. Found out the update for weapons is in May. Were getting PvP update and an update to the Mayeria system. They say new materia system, but that phrase is subjective. Could just be new materia teir for high level armor, new materia (people are hoping for things like +x% healing effect, -x% mana/tp consumption, +x% damage, elemental damage (only really adds a few extra points of damage), class specific materia, etc.

Have to wait for tonight's patch notes.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Iwould love to see an update for PVP, Being a big PVP player I have taken everything slow on the leveling front as end game PVP doesn't have much to it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Iwould love to see an update for PVP, Being a big PVP player I have taken everything slow on the leveling front as end game PVP doesn't have much to it.

Well, the game itself is still a baby. Even WoW's original PvP lacked decent quality early in. Some of the rumors are on new weapons and armor. Not really looking forward to PvP updates since I'm not a PvPer myself, but the armor they have concepts for look really nice.

a0kJWoV.jpg

Paladin: Golden Lion Armor
Warrior: Can't tell what that is...
Bard: Can't tell what that is...
Monk: Can't tell what that is...
Dragoon: Green Snake Armor
White Mage: White Crane Armor
Black Mage: Black Fox Armor
Summoner: White Stag/Gazelle Armor
Scholar: Can't tell...possibly Red version of Summoner's

c3108dce.jpg
Spoiler:

These are apparently job related....more to appear when more jobs surface *w*

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Oh wow I love the look of these armour. I really want them xD. Paladin looks amazing.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Some good news surfaced last night on some podcast with Yoship

Quite a few interesting things were coerced out of Yoshida last night:
•Gun and Dagger class/jobs were both confirmed and coming sooner than people think. •Apparently soon after 2.3. (He said we are saving this info for E3-Announcements, looking forward to June 10th!)
•The gun class isn't what people are expecting it to be.
•Frontlines are aiming to be in 2.3! (They made it seem like it was an 8v8v8, not confirmed though)
•Yoshi said Summoners will be getting Leviathan AND Ramuh pets, no mentioned when they would arrive.
•Black Mage buffs and Summoner pet rebalancing to make others useful coming.
•Yugiri's face was apparently shown to Nakamura, who gasped. No images as of yet.
•Gold Saucer will be BIG. He wants the games to encompass more than just playing with friends. (Hints at match making and chocobo races.)
•Personal rooms for your FC housing mentioned again. He said it would be like a mog house from ff11 with decorating.
•The new 2.3 Dungeon will be outside, and deal with water, supposedly in La noscea.
•Crafters are getting something to do with salv- (He was cut off, people thought it was salvage, but he claims that he wasn't going to say salvage.)
•Phantasia Potions for sale in May!

Smaller Less Important Tid-bits:
•People complained about still going to the waking sands, solution is coming.(Urianger is staying behind because of the twins are fighting and he doesn't want to leave Alisae(the female twin) behind on her own. Apparently as part of the story, they will make the move in 2.3) So no more waking sands trips!
•Hildibrand was originally supposed to be a Lalafell.
Yoshi said to watch the Hildibrand cutscenes again and pay attention to a reoccurring person in the back ground stalking Nashu. He said he was surprised no one caught this.
•Gerolt's name in japanese is Gero, which literally means "barf", is getting a personal story to explain his rocky past where he was not such a nice person.
•Stitches in the moogle* are being removed because japanese players find them scary. (Was unclear if he meant the moogle pet or the moogle housing item)
•Housing Instruments if all played at the same time will play a memorable song.

I can explain a few things here for those that need clairying. I'll touch on a few things that haven't really been publicly mentioned before. But if you have a question about any of what is quoted ask and I'll try to explain it.

Frontlines: Supposed to be the large faction vs faction pvp on Final Fantasy 14 ARR. Where the Wolves Den is the small more organized team vs team fight, Frontlines is a lot larger and somewhat more chaotic. It is supposed to allow all classes to be involved, including crafting and gathering classes.

It is still unclear as to whether its Grand Company vs Grand Company or if they are changing that part. A future part to the Frontlines was rumored to be Primal summoning. Where groups can summon a primal to assist them in the fights. There hasn't been that much shared and a lot of this was concept ideas, but its the major part of the next update Patch 2.3.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I'm interested in these new classes!!

You know, the one gun class from FF I like is the Gun Mage - please and thank you? That would be good *-*. Dagger is probably Thief -> Ninja though, right?

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I love the idea of the new PVP. But more than anything. DAGGER CLASS, I love playing assassin style. This is for sure going to be my class. We should all join a server together to play.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Should all totally join Cactaur~

Totally serious. Already have a rank 5 free company so I can give EXP buffs for 24 hours and I'm slowly getting to rank 6 so I can try to buy a free company house. Once I get a house we can get additional craftingbuffs.

Found other version of the news I had posted as well.

Confirmed:
•Ability to display all 100 inventory space in one page is planned (PC/PS4 only).
•Black Mages were noted as being somewhat weak as a DPS in Second Coil. Buffs planned.
•Ul'Dah's housing area is unpopular. Changes to the landscape and scenery is planned to address this (nicer night sky, less view-obstructing boulders, cleaner waters, etc.)
•A new function/content for crafters called "Salv___" is planned to be introduced in 2.3. (Yoshida noted many people saying "salvage" but would not confirm that's what he's trying to say) More information to follow at the next Producer Letter Live in Nagoya (May 24th)
•Ability to preview (try on) gears from the Market Board is planned to be added.
•Phantasia will become purchasable in 2.28 (May)
•The next new hard mode dungeon will be Tam-Tara Hard (and the NPC Edda will actually be involved, despite it originally being an April Fools joke)
•The new instanced dungeon will be outdoors in a bright area.

Being considered:
•Ability to toggle automatic level sync when entering a FATE.
•Adding Mog Extreme and Leviathan Extreme to DF.
•Adding (more) contents that are affected by weather. Weather forecast should come a bit after 2.3.
•Adjusting the balance of Summoner's pets, as currently Garuda is more or less the only choice in end-game contents. (will not be a nerf)

Unrevealed Contents:
•Don't throw away your primal weapons (no information given as to when they might become useful in the future) (referring to hard mode weapons).
•New summons will be Leviathan and/or Ramuh ("lightning old man"), and will be added the same time the level cap is raised.
•Information on new jobs/classes will be revealed at upcoming events (such as E3 / Japan Expo) (?) (not coming until at least after 2.3)

As a Summoner main, I am quite happy that either Ramuh or Leviathan will be my next summon. Since they are talking about it and confirm it will be with the level cap increase. I see this as a good sign that the level cap increase may come before the expansion next year.

Apparently the interview isn't over yet either. I'll see about updating tomorrow when I see the new news if anything is worth repeating.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Second half to the live event news letter

•Patch 2.28 to be released in May.
•Additional housing areas to be added in 2.3.
•There has been many requests for increasing the number of furniture that can be placed within housing. However, due to server stress, this will not be possible for now.
•Personal rooms within FC housing will be slightly larger in size compared to the inn rooms found in the 3 cities. Other players may enter your room (permission may be turned on/off). Not yet determined whether to allow people to go straight to their room from outside (front door).
•Personal housing will require a lv50 character and achieving a certain rank within a Grand Company. Will be implemented once personal rooms are ready or slightly after. May possibly be delayed until 2.35.
•Other PvP related adjustments will also be made in 2.28 and 2.3. All PvP skills will be unlocked from the start and will become reset-able freely (to encourage more participation). No words yet as to what will happen to the existing skill reset items.
•New PvP mode Frontlines will be implemented in 2.3. Will be more friendly to newcomers due to the larger participant count. Will not necessarily be 8vs8vs8 (but still 3 teams). Designed to be 24+ man content.
•Limit Break appearance will be changed to match the user's job (effect will remain same?) (no words yet on when this will be. Assume still in planning stage)
•Number of Allagan Tomestone of Mythology that can be obtained from contents will be increased in 2.28 and/or 2.3.
•Next chapter of Crystal Tower coming with 2.3. Will have many contents that should make old school FF fans happy.
•Chocobo related new contents coming in 2.3 or 2.35 (Ability to craft chocobo food that can be fed to your chocobo that will allow it to reach even higher buddy ranks(?). May also allow chocobo training at stables. Possibly allow dyeing your chocobo).
•In the process of testing 2-person mounts.
•New contents that can be done with less than 4 people will be introduced.
•Finalizing designs on marriage system (not coming in 2.3) (get married at the big church in east shroud). Wedding dress for brides will have semi transparent parts and flowing movement. should look great.
•Wedding rings will be created for married couples. Discarding the rings will "divorce" them (lol).
•Work on Dx11 version to continue after the world media tour. Aim to release before year end.
•Big plans for beast tribe contents related to Goblins. Still pretty far off for now.

So much news, so little time D=

Weddings to be held at the church I conveinently left a screenshot of earlier in this post.

Excited for frontlines. I'm not much of a PvP but both myself and my brother are fairly excited for this.

Really excited for Crystal Tower 2!

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I met some lovely people in a dungeon today :) I do like how the majority of people are very helpful and understanding.

Although I got no recommendations despite keeping everyone at 50%+ health on my first run through of that dungeon ;-;. And a backup tank came in and got a class ring a minute or two later as well.

Lv34. Levelling is slow. Quests should really give more experience - or at least vary depending on difficulty.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I met some lovely people in a dungeon today :) I do like how the majority of people are very helpful and understanding.

Although I got no recommendations despite keeping everyone at 50%+ health on my first run through of that dungeon ;-;. And a backup tank came in and got a class ring a minute or two later as well.

Lv34. Levelling is slow. Quests should really give more experience - or at least vary depending on difficulty.

1) Paty thing. If they are partied, they can't give commendations. So they could have been in a party before entering the dungeons. And ya a lot of people in early dungeons are very nice if you tell them you are new. Some are twats and will probably leave after dramabawing all over the place for no reason.

2) Well Quests give you exactly what you need. By the point you are at, there are more quests and Leve Quests. The developers also designed it with 2-3 Dungeons and a few Guildhest between levels with Quests as a main level scenario, though that's an extremely casual view.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
It's more the fact that quests vary quite a lot in difficulty, or how long they take, but are worth the same amount.

Yesterday I did two Costa quests - for one I had to kill three monsters, then a boss monster (15 mins ish) and the other I had to walk across town and talk to someone, then walk back (2 mins). Both just under 8000 exp.

Doesn't make sense to me :<.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I dunno. I never really paid any attention because it felt as if I leveled to 50 way too fast. I mean I saw that I was getting a level every 5-6 quests with a random dungeon thrown in. I didn't even do all of my level 47 quests until I was level 50.

If you feel as if you're falling behind level wise, just run a couple dungeons. You get good armor and loot in the process.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
If you feel as if you're falling behind level wise, just run a couple dungeons. You get good armor and loot in the process.

Yeah, I may start doing random dungeon finders. Although, I rarely have a solid hour to play - which (with the wait time) you really need.

Back