• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Each FF could probably merit its own thread, but oh well.

I haven't played too many. Just VII, some of VIII, X, X-2, and XII. I have IX sitting around somewhere but no time to play iiiit. @_@; And I want to replay most of those, get the others...gah. So many to play. :x

My favourite is probably VII, plot-wise and character-wise. But I loved XII for its battle system. I got to be so lazy; it was great. XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Each FF could probably merit its own thread, but oh well.

I haven't played too many. Just VII, some of VIII, X, X-2, and XII. I have IX sitting around somewhere but no time to play iiiit. @_@; And I want to replay most of those, get the others...gah. So many to play. :x

My favourite is probably VII, plot-wise and character-wise. But I loved XII for its battle system. I got to be so lazy; it was great. XD

You haven't played IX? Take a day off from your normal life and PLAY IT. If nothing else, go download a PSX emulator, get a gamepad, and play it while looking over PC one day.

...Yeah. I've played V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, and rented X-2. Didn't like V or VI too much, and actually traded in X when I was done with it. Since then,...let's just say that I haven't liked the way the games are going.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Don't worry, I will definitely play it. I've just got a seriously huge backlog of games and I want to finish those before I get to IX. :[

Summer's in a few weeks and then I can finally get to theeeem. @_@

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Gah, I waste my life on FINAL FANTASY. Let's see...I've played, I, II, III, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X and XII and PLENTY of spin-offs. I plan on getting XIII and Versus XIII, they look pretty cool. And maybe going back and playing IV...

III and VIII have to be my faves. The (new) cast of III is awesome, everyone is so loveable, and it keeps to the original sooo well! VIII also has a cool cast (gotta love Squall!) but the newer gameplay is what intrigued me the most. That and the new art style the game used. I don't know why, but X annoyed me, and X-2, the cast...err, I wasn't all that into them.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I started playing those games recently and I really like them! So far I'm playing X and XII, but like XII better even though I'm not that far into them yet XD

I would like to play some of the other games eventually as well since I've heard that they're fun.

Sr E

Jr. Trainer
    Years
    I have I, II, V, VI, VII, VIII, and IX. I never had a PS2, so I didn't get to play X or XII. And the only FF game that I have ever beaten is I.

FFVI is my new favorite though.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I've played all Final Fantasy games from 1 to IX (because the rest can't be emulated at playable speed yet and I don't own a Playstation 2) plus FF Tactics, FF Tactics Advance, Mystic Quest (It still gives me nightmares. o.o) and probably some other spin-offs as well. My favorite Final Fantasy game is by far FF IX. I just love the characters, music, battle system and the story isn't too bad, either. I still have no idea what the heck Necron had to do with the story, though. They had very little and very indirect references to Necron, but that's it. ._. In my opinion the only thing FF IX lacks is difficulty. Seriously, the bosses are freakin' pathetic (apart from Ozma that just requires luck to beat) and normal battles are more of an annoyance than a hinder. But then again, no Final Fantasy game I've finished (VII, VIII and IX) is hard at all. I killed Sephiroth in two turns in FF VII and all you need is the Recover ability and Auto Haste and Ultimecia doesn't have time to kill any of your characters. And no, I'm not saying I didn't enjoy FF VII and I even liked FF VIII despite it being the easiest game in existence, but it isn't anything spectacular.

I guess I should try beating Emerald or Ruby Weapon in FF VII at some point. Maybe that'll be somewhat challenging, but climbing out of the crater is a pain in the backside. x_x

Years
    Love these games, first played them when I was about eleven I think. Final Fantasy VII was by far my favourite, completed it how many times lol. But yeah, I love the challenge you get out of them and the characters are totally lovable. I loved Red XIII in Seven and Irvine in VIII. Though I like the older games more like VII and VIII, I loved X, but they wen't down hill after X-2 and they made a mistake making XI online in my oppinion. XII I'm still playing, not really getting into it, too futuristic for me lol and the tactics are also quite good, different, but good. *Breaths*

Anywyas, yeah...awesome =D

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2012
    Iv played from 6-10 and 8 Was best.. i just love GF system and those junctions haha.. 7 was good too with materias but it wa only materias..

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Iv played from 6-10 and 8 Was best.. i just love GF system and those junctions haha.. 7 was good too with materias but it wa only materias..
    Ironic, isn't it, that GFs and junctions are exactly what somewhat ruined my FF VIII gameplay experience? There's really no challenge when you can summon a GF in a couple of seconds, dealing massive damage and the enemies rarely even have time to deal damage to the GFs, and even if your GF dies, you'll have a bunch more left to use and junctions are just broken. Ultima in Elemental Defense makes you immune to all elemental damage, Esuna in Status Defense makes you immune to nearly all status ailments. Tornado (or was it flare? Can't remember. Either way, they're one of the best Strength and HP junctions) in HP can get you massive HP very early on, and your character will have at least 7000 HP at level 50 with 100 Tornadoes in HP and by refining cards you can easily get Flares, Tornadoes and other great junction spells very early in the game. Imo the junction -and GF systems were just broken. At least in FF IX you had to choose between offense and defense and all characters had their own roles, but in FF VIII everyone can be good at everything.

That's just my personal opinion on FF VIII and it was still a good game, though. I just had to get that off my chest.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I still have no idea what the heck Necron had to do with the story, though. They had very little and very indirect references to Necron, but that's it. ._.

Eh, it was kind of a side note to the main plot and that whole "life coming from the crystal" thing from the older games.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2010
    I have FINAL FANTASY I through VII and XII, and my favorite so far is XII. I like the faster-paced battle system, the amazing cutscenes, and (I know this will sound crazy but...). the liscence board. It just puts more strategy in developing your characters than the job system (Which I also like. I just like the liscence board better).
    Try beating XII with the 112333 challenge!

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    Ohh fan here! *waves*

I've been a fan of the series since I was 12 and started of with Final Fantasy VIII. I have played at least most of them and I hold Final Fantasy VIII, IX and XII as my top three favorites.

IvySaur

I really like Final Fantasy, but I'm not very good at it ;^^

I've played a little bit of VIII and got stuck in the beginning, and I need to work on it again. I also played a little bit of X and X-2 (which is the one I got farthest in o.o). I really want to play Tactics though, I love the character art for it and it just seems like an awesome game.

healberry

ƒ(x)=databox³ - δ
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Moon
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    The only FF I've ever played was FFTA. I loved this game so much, I must've put like 50 hours into it. Yeah I know, a lot. o.O;

I really really want to play Final Fantasy X and X-2 though. Maybe after I get a DS, I might buy them.

Ichikool

D/P Lover
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    Erm, well, I've only played X and X-2. A little bit of III, but never finished. I stopped somewhere in the begining... I don't really care though. ^^;

Yeah, you all probably knew I like FFX2.

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    If you liked FFX-2 (which was the worse voted by most of the fanbase) then you are going to like Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX and/or XII.

Try out those other games.

~Misty~

*~The Tomboyish Mermaid~*
    Years
    My favorite game of ALL TIME

Final Fantasy VII,

my favorite character, everyone knows her, loves her...

AERITH GAINSBOROUGH

Me being only the age of 6 when this ganme was released in 1997, I wasn't expecting much.

*SPOILER ALERT*

When I saw Sephiroth's sword stab her in the stomach, I cried tears of sadness and I tried to fight the tears, and then on, my favorite character in ANY Video Game is Aerith(Aeris).

Her legacy lives on and Shos like X-play mock her death and many other game shows do as well, but I will respect her and remain and Clerith forever more.

*Spoiler ends*

Sorry about that but FFVII to me was the best but IX, X, X-2, and XII were good as well, I didn't like VIII (Drawing Magic???)

~*Gardenia*~

Back