• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] final team member help?

sunshinesonia

stressed possum
Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2020
    hi! i'm currently playing through swsh for the first time (really enjoying it!!!) and right now i'm at wyndow. but i don't have a 6th member of my party. i'd like some suggestions, so far centiskorch is my best option, since i don't have grass coverage.

my team is inteleon, thievul, boltund, falinx and rapidash :) (i'd prefer not to swap any of them out! i know it's silly, but i'm kinda attached,,,)

Years
  • Hello!

I'm glad you're enjoying it! As you are in Wyndon, I really don't think you need to worry about your Grass coverage. Rather, I'd worry about expanding your Steel coverage, and having coverage for a Poison / Dragon type, and maybe a Fairy / Steel or a Fighting / Steel type. This all points to getting a great Ground type pokemon, rather than a Fire type. Ideally, you'd want one which is not also weak to Fighting type moves, so Ground / Rock and Ground / Steel are right out. After looking over the options, my top 3 for you would be as follows:

3. Flygon - Very cool Pokemon, has the advantages of being the fastest of the options. It hits hard, hits fast, has awesome coverage move options, and would likely fare the best for general usage. Its only weakness is that, being a Dragon type, it takes double damage from Dragon type moves, so if you wanted it to help make a certain battle against a certain Dragon easier, it would not be a viable option for that.

2. Mudsdale - It hits like a truck, gains defense when hit, and has enough bulk to take a few hits, which helps make up for its abysmal speed. Note that if you got one you'd specifically want one with Stamina, Own Tempo is comparatively sub par. It also learns Earthquake (the move you want these Pokemon using 99% of the time) the earliest of all the Pokemon. However it should be noted, it WILL go last, and thus it WILL get beat up on.

1. Golurk - It's still probably going last, but it has IMMUNITY to Fighting type moves, and takes 1/4 damage from Poison type moves, which are both Awesome attributes to hold for a Pokemon joining you at this stage of the game. Iron Fist helps with coverage moves by making them hit harder, and though it has the highest level to learn Earthquake, that can be worked around by getting it via TR. Plus let's face it - Golurk is cool. If I had your party and was at your stage of the game, it's definitely the Pokemon I would grab.

I hope that helps! Feel free to take it or leave it, Centiscorch is a fine option and if you aren't planning on using whatever Pokemon you grab vs the legendaries, it will help tremendously by expanding your Steel coverage through to the end. As a sidebar, I'm not sure why you're worried about Grass coverage when Falinks and Rapidash learn Megahorn, and Inteleon can (and should) learn Ice Beam and OHKO them with its superior speed.

sunshinesonia

stressed possum
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2020
    i was planning to get ice beam for inteleon, not sure why i thought that wouldn't be good enough, but whatever. thanks for such an in-depth reply! i might be going for golurk since i've only used them once, and i'm a sucker for gen 5 mons. though flygon might be a better option, since it won't leave me with another mon weak to grass...

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
    Years
  • I've heard Golurk can use Fly as well, and of course he has access to the all the punches...probably Fire and Ice so there you go lol. If that's the case it fixes everything needed with one stone-grass, bug, and Dragon lol.

Years
  • I have several options:
    Dragons cuz they are cool and strong
    -Dragapult: good movepool + very fast and good attack
    -Haxorus: kinda like dragapult, deff teach it iron tail for coverage
    -Duraludon: stalwarth is good ability, and it has few weakness and good moves
    If you want a fire i would go for Chandelure: best special attack, good movepool

Snorlax is another option, its slow but good diffrent builts can be made. I prefer gluttony-built with bellydrum and recycle and 2 moves of your choice steel and/or ground would be wise

Gengar, poisontype against fairy's its also fast and good special attack and good movepool

And as last corviknight, steel against fairy's, flying is also good against gras like you wanted.

Let us know wich one you have chosen.

Back