• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] find item script

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    Hi, I've got a problem when trying to add "pokeballs" to my maps so the player can find items there.
    I've tried many different ways to do that both on PokeScript and XSE. The script looks just the same
    as the ones that were originally in the game, but for some reason after I get the item it reappears when I walk away.

How do I solve this issue?

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2015
    Hi, I've got a problem when trying to add "pokeballs" to my maps so the player can find items there.
    I've tried many different ways to do that both on PokeScript and XSE. The script looks just the same
    as the ones that were originally in the game, but for some reason after I get the item it reappears when I walk away.

How do I solve this issue?
    theres a number of things you possibly couldve done wrong, i would never use poketscript, its old and outdated... can you post the script youre writing? we cant help unless if we have an example. Did you use hidesprite command as well? With the person id to hide? as well, make sure you use a different offset when inserting the script as you dont want to overwrite data!
    ~Anexenaumoon

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    This is how the script looks like

XSE:
    #org 0x7B70D8
    giveitem 0x3 0x1 MSG_FIND
    end

PokéScript
    #org 0x87B70D8
    '-----------------------------------
    copyvarifnotzero 0x8000 GREATBALL
    copyvarifnotzero 0x8001 0x1
    callstd MSG_FIND ' PLAYER found one XXXXXX!
    end

These scripts look exactly like the ones that were on the original game, so that's why I can't understand what's wrong.

Squeetz, since I didn't see any Person ID on the Find_Item scripts on the original game, I haven't set any, should I do that? I've found many tutorials on how to make a character give you an item, and I can do that with no problem, but when it comes to these simple items scattered on the map I dunno what to do to make them work...

I managed to solve the problem. If anybody else that's new to hacking faces the same problem, here's the solution:
    I thought it worked, but apparently it only took longer to reappear. In maps that existed previously, they reappear after I battle a wild pokémon or trainer. In maps I added they reappear after I walk about 4-5 steps. Please, can anybody help me find a solution for that? I looked for tutorials concerning this everywhere and I can't see what I'm doing wrong...
    This is the script I'm currently using:

XSE:
    #org 0x7B70D8
    hidesprite 0x1 (here change '1' for the person event number)
    giveitem 0x3 0x1 MSG_FIND
    setflag 0x9001 (use the same flag number as the person ID)
    release
    end

Last edited:

Squeetz

ROM Hacker
    Years
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    Dude, that was exactly my problem! Thank you very much for that, now everything is working fine.
    I still can't believe the problem was so simple and I was so dumb to realize that.
    Thx a lot for your help.

Back