• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Finding the Light- PG 13 (Violence)

Status
Not open for further replies.

~? Northern Lights ?~

Crazy'n proud of it!
Years
  • The young female wolf, Dutchess, leapt gracefully through the gloomy forest. Her slender paws carried her across the forest floor like the high-flying eagle, even though she knew she would never be able to really fly.

"AROOOOoooooo!" Once again, a crystal clear note rang throughout the valley, which was now cloaked in a coat of darkness. The translucent moon hung high in the velvet night sky, surrounded by the stars which flickered on and off like tiny lanterns. Even though she was intrigued by yet another howl arising, she couldn't help but pause, and watch the brilliant night sky. She had never seen such a beautiful scene.

No, don't get distracted! You must find out whom those howls were from... Her conscience snapped at the young female. Dutchess whined softly, now noticing the thunderclouds that loomed overhead of her.

Xhaiden

Cosplayer of Doom
    Years
  • Screams penetrated the night, fire errupting amongst a small village. People ran about frantically, either fleeing for their lives or combating the enemy. A small woman, still a girl yet hid tucked away in the shadows, a small bundle clutched to her. Her darkly tanned skin was tear streaked, her eyes of dark brown wide with fear. Suddenly a figure rushed to her side. A young man, his arms going around her securely. Together they ran through the mayhem, the woman closing her eyes. It happened so fast. She let out a scream, as she was thrown roughly away from her brother, the young man landing hard not too far away. Her eyes went instantly to her child. But, it was gone. She screamed loudly, crying out in agony and distress.

Fayllen Star awoke with a start, letting out a whine. She looked about frantically for a moment before her canine ears flattened against her skull. The female wolf stood slowly, almost unwillingly. She wished some days that she would just die so that the pain in her soul would leave her. Fayllen Star shook her dusty dapple gray and white fur and stretched, the young female looking about for others.

Her brother a handsome young male trotted over to greet her, his tail wagging slowly as he grew closer.

" Good morning Star." He said warmly.

" Not really..." Was all that she said in return.

Hazy Aurora

Love thy Suicune. OwO
    Years
  • ((I have permission to control ~? Northern Lights ?~'s character. ^^))

Dutchess felt her limbs burning...burning...

She gritted her teeth, then shuddering to a halt, sent her own wolfsong rippling through the trees, and let it rise.

Skidding through the trees again, her eyes glittered like slates of ice. She dug her claws deeper and lurched forwards at an alarming rate. The trees made way for a streamglade. She screeched to a halt at the sight of a wolf form slumped on the banks. She trotted closer, and looked into the strange wolf's face, her eyes curious.

Celcus' gaze was blurry. He groaned loudly, and he heard the patter of paws next to his head. The warm breath mingled with his shallow ones. He tried to focus his gaze. The face of a wolf looked into his, and he cried out.

"Arrgh!" He leapt up, or at least tried to. His attempt to rise to his feet made him slip over backwards.

"Are you okay?" Said a tinkling voice. The wolf looked over him again.

"I...I can understand you?" Celcus gasped.

"Dur?!" The wolf laughed. "Wolves all speak the same tongue!"

"Wolves...?" Celcus lurched to his feet, and lurched over to the pool. His now wolven face glared back at him pointedly. He gaped at his image, and yelled with fright.

"Hey, what's up?" The wolf was back. She joined his reflection in the pool. "Never seen your own reflection before?" She laughed.

Celcus looked at his image in dismay.

"I'm...not meant to be like this!" He was still staring at his lean figure with muscles. "I'm meant to be human!"

"Human?" The wolf collapsed in giggles. "You silly! Don't you know the twolegs aren't wolves?!" She laughed again.

Celcus shot her a pointed glare, then sighed.

"I was attacked. Then...the world went black."

The wolf tilted her head on one side.

"You don't look comfortable in your form." She admitted. "Well, I suppose you may have been a twoleg. Dark magic has been clouding the races. I have known wolves to transform into humans. They disappear to the tribe. You may have been a wolf in your mind, and the magic may have made your true form real."

Celcus shook his head.

"Perhaps." He said in dismay.

"Anyway, I'm Dutchess." Dutchess offered him a wolfish smile. "I've been separated from my pack for some time now."

"I'm Celcus." Celcus grinned. "Now can I ask you something?"

"Yeah?" Dutchess smirked.

"Can you teach me how to walk?"​

~? Northern Lights ?~

Crazy'n proud of it!
    Years
  • (( I have Hazy's permission to control Celcus. OwO ))

"Teach you how to walk?!" At this remark, Dutchess couldn't help but burst into a fit of laughter. She knew that this dashing young wolf was new to the fact that he was now a wolf, but teaching him to walk was hilarious.

"Hey, I'm being serious!" He snapped, although even the young female could sense a hint of laughter within his wolfish growl. Finally able to control herself, Dutchess slowly sat up, tears of laughter streaming down her soft face.

"Okay, okay, I'll stop now..." She sighed, knowing that the wolf was serious. She did not know how on earth she was going to teach him to walk, especially since he had no experience whatsoever.

"So, will you?" Celcus asked once more, sounding a little agitated.

Hazy Aurora

Love thy Suicune. OwO
    Years
  • Celcus scowled, looking vaguely comical.

"Okay." Duchess stifled another giggling fit. "Well, you move both your front legs and back legs together. You'll get the rest soon enough."

Celcus then spent three quartres of an hour learning how to walk. Then run. You could say he was very battered, and Dutchess's stomach was very sore from laughing.

~? Northern Lights ?~

Crazy'n proud of it!
    Years
  • (( Yes, I have more permission to control Celcus from the amazing Hazy. XD))

Celcus spent hours perfecting his stride, although many a time the young wolf tripped over his own sturdy paws. Dutchess was having yet another giggly fit, although Celcus ignored her words of 'encouragment', and continued to practice his stride.

"Heh, go Celcus!" Dutchess smirked, a hint of sarcasm within her voice. Celcus growled softly within his throat, although he couldn't help but laugh. This young wolf was definitely a bright one, and he had taken a liking to her.

"Oh really..." He growled playfully, and streaked past Dutchess like a bullet. Surprised, the young female pondered at Celcus, who seemed to be racing off into the darkness unknowingly.

Oh really... Dutchess mimicked the words within her mind, and raced off after the playful young wolf.

Last edited:

Hazy Aurora

Love thy Suicune. OwO
    Years
  • Celcus laughed, and summing up his new reserves of energy, plunged ahead. He suddenly screeched to a halt, his eyes wide.

There was a huge menancing wildcat in front of him, its mad yellow eyes glaring at him madly.

"The Wildcat!" Celcus gasped, and took of in the other direction. "Dutchess, RUN!"

~? Northern Lights ?~

Crazy'n proud of it!
    Years
  • Suddenly, the joyful, playful scene that was only seconds ago, turned upside down. Not questioning the panic-striken wolf, Dutchess obeyed his command, and wheeled around the opposite direction. For one split second, the wildcat's eyes met with Dutchess's, and within her golden, and sky-blue eye burned a flame of hatred.

"DUTCHESS!" Celcus lunged at the young female, who had not been watching where she was going, and had almost gone head first into a Pine Tree. Shaking herself off, Dutchess plunged ahead into the darkness, her head bobbing up and down as she gained speed every passing second.

"Celcus, COME ON!" She screamed, clearly seeing that the menacing wildcat was advancing on the pair.

Snapping back to reality, Celcus streaked ahead after Dutchess, as she watched him worringly, her eyes burning brightly with fear. The rhythmic beating of the wildcat's heavy paws along the forest floor echoed within Dutchess's mind, beating heavily.

"RARRRRRrrr!" The wildcat let out a battle-cry, and lunged intently at the pair of panic-striken wolves. Missing the forceful attack by only inches, Dutchess whined softly, and leapt onto her slender paws. If they did not loose the wildcat, the pair would end up becoming cat-chow.

Hazy Aurora

Love thy Suicune. OwO
    Years
  • Celcus, giving a look at Dutchess to run, whirled back and struck the wildcat with his clawed paw. The wildcat roared, and Celcus struck again, this time yelling;

"Run Dutchess! RUN TO THE RIVER!"

Without questioning his command, Dutchess hesitated before leaving her new friend to ward off the horrible cat.

Giving it one more slash, Celcus spun around again and shot towards Dutchess. The cat roared behind them and lumbered in pursuit.

The two wolves were opposites in pelt colour, but they ran together to the cool blue of the river's current. Without pausing, Celcus leapt into the flow, and Dutchess followed. Immediately, the two were swept down the river, towards the skyfall.

Or what humans call the waterfall.

Giving a yelp, Celcus started to fight the current, but only managed to get a throatful of water. Dutchess flailed in the water, her fur plastered to her body in slicks. Celcus didn't question her fear; he now felt an instinct he had not felt as a human. His fear of water.

"Now...see..." Dutchess glubbered, and fought to stay afloat. "Surely you...didn't know...about 'The Fear'?"

Celcus kicked his legs ferociously to gain his head above.

"No." He croaked. "I didn't.

And they hurtled over the falls.

~? Northern Lights ?~

Crazy'n proud of it!
    Years
  • Dutchess opened her mouth to scream, but the only sound that came out was a muffled bark. The water stabbed at her like a thousand knives, as she and Celcus plunged towards the fearful darkness that lay below them.

The two hit the gravel that lay at the bottom of the river, and a sharp, excrutiating pain followed by an extremely loud crack crawled up Dutchess's spine. Using her last ounce of strength, the young wolf forced herself to the riverbank.

"Cel... cus..."

Cybex Mewtwo

Someone's angry. :/
    Years
  • OOC: This is what happens when your not on at the same time with others....-_-;

IC: Viron reached the peak of a hill, which had an amazing view. But he had no time to stop. He was still searching...searching for someone...or something...whatever it was...but he had to search for it. He buckled from his weakness, but he didn't care. He slowly started his way down the side of the hill, grabbing small berries to mucnh on to keep him going. Eventually, he stopped by a tree to catch himself. "Ugh.......why do I persist....why do I continue this useless effort..."

He laid down to rest again before he continued.

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
  • Zukra sat the rivers edge for several minutes. Though she accepted the truth it was still hard to get used to. She didn't look half bad for a wolf. Black with a slight mix of brown and golden eyes. What more could you want?

Finally she stood once more. The speed of the wolf was calling her. She lifted her head and howled a haunting song like she had seen and heard other wolves, wolves born as wolves, do. The sound was beautiful and mysterious and it seemed to give her energy.

"Let's see if a wolf's speed is all it's cracked up to be." She turned and moved off. She gained speed slowly because her movement were still a little awkward. But she quickly got used to her four feet and paced herself. She had never moved so fast in her life. The feeling was wonderful. She circled around the forest and headed back to the river. Without thinking she leapt into the air. Her intentions were to jump over the river but she hadn't pracitced jumping and it was a long distance. She landed on the ice and slipped.

There was a dull thud and she lay sprawled on the ice with a sheepish look on her face. She scrambled to her feet and stood unsteadily on the ice. "Stupid river." She mumbled angrily. She continued to mutter about the river and why did it have to be frozen until she reached the bank again. There she slumped on the dirt and took a break. Being a wolf was a painful.

Hazy Aurora

Love thy Suicune. OwO
    Years
  • Celcus also surfaced, his eyes wide with terror. He felt pain lance up his leg, but he struck out with it all the same. He must save his new friend.

Swimming was much the same as running. He paddled over to Dutchess's limp for, and after nosing her a little, hoisted her over his strong back. Grunting, he swam over to the bank, and grabbed a sapling to help him out. The young plant strained with their combined weights, but held firm. Celcus took step after shaky step, and eventually they were standing on the dry dirt. His leg almost collapsed under him, and he turned to look at it.

His leg was ravanged by a horrible red cut, stretching from his knee to his paw. Blood was oozing out of the wound. Celcus yelped as the pain grabbed him. The icy river had numbed the feeling, but now it was warm, it was hurting.

Nuzzling Dutchess, he went over and dunked his leg into the stream. He'd have to keep it there until he could bandage it.

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • A deep growl came from near by, low at first, but eventually turned into a loud snarl. With blood shot eyes, Zabini snapped away, unaware to what had happened. His nostrils flared as he got to his feet, all four feet, and looked around savagely for any type of danger. The last thing he remembered was taking down an enemy on a mountain then he blacked out the question was where was he? Not yet realizing what he had become, Zabini crouched low, waiting silently for something to happen; anything to happen that might force him to defend himself.

When nothing came, Zabini gave his first sigh of relief as he tried to get up on two feet. Surprised when he only got half way, he tumbled sideways in shock; what had happened to him? For the first time since he awoke, Zabini looked at himself; he was covered in hair, a silver coat streaked with white. Then he remembered, as he laid there watching his tail flick across his thigh, and his chest heave in and out with heavy breathes, that he had been transformed by the gods as a punishment. A punishment that would force him to ally himself with his enemy, and force him to befriend his most hated of rivals.

As he got to his feet, his larger than normal teeth showed in a grin, he was as huge and has tall as he was in his human form. He was a bit shaken though; he recognized the huge rippling muscles and the over height as a sign of a werewolf. His teeth were like well-sized daggers, and his claws were like well-curved knives ready to be lodged into the nearest opponent. Nevertheless, he liked what he saw, and he saw what he was hoping to see.

At least I can try to find my tribe, we must regroup if we ever want to return to our former selves, Zabini told himself. He walked off into the forest, occasionally sniffing the air, and the soft forest floor for any indication that his tribe or any other wolf was nearby. Finally picking a scent that was rather fresh, Zabini followed it cautiously, his huge body was easily seen through the trees, and he wasn?t going to let his guard down incase of attack.

When he came to the end of the scent, he found a stream, and another wolf, seemingly injured and trying to find help. Crouching low, Zabini waited behind bushes that were broad enough to hide his massive form, if the wolf proved to be hostile, Zabini was more than capable of out running, and out fighting the injured wolf. From past experiences, Zabini acknowledged that a wolf was most aggressive when it was wounded and had no other way but to fight, so for that reason alone, Zabini kept a safe distance and waited to see what would happen.

When the wolf sunk it?s leg in the stream, Zabini took this as an opportunity to get closer to the creature, maybe find out more about it while it was sitting there unaware to his presence. Would the wolf see him, he wasn?t exactly little? But would his hunting ability of stealth give him the upper hand needed to find out more about this new and strange creature? These were questions he could not answer, but from years of battle and war, he knew that some chances had to be taken in order to make any kind of progress. So he inched his way from bush to bush as he tried to close the gap between the wounded wolf and himself.

Hazy Aurora

Love thy Suicune. OwO
    Years
  • Celcus sighed softly, and his ears suddenly pricked. His heightened senses had detected something behind him. Would it attack? Would it be a friend? Decided to play docile since he was in no shape to turn and fight, he awaited the creature's revealance.

It did not come. Presently, Celcus let his muzzle lower for a drink. Jeez, being a four legged animal sure had it's ups and downs. Its downs: You had to drink with lapping. He eventually started to lap the water, but it wasn't really enough. Growling in frustration, Celcus tried lapping faster. The water started to trickle down his throat, and he smiled. Then, he remembered the strange animal, and whirled around, hackles raised and growling.

~? Northern Lights ?~

Crazy'n proud of it!
    Years
  • Dutchess watched semi-conciously from her place next to Celcus, who's guard hairs seemed to be bristling furiously. She too, could pick up the scent of a wolf nearby, but as she rised to investigate, the young female's paws instantly collapsed under her.

Don't tell me I've... She didn't want to think about what she was going to say, so the wolf pushed the thought far from her mind. She would have to worry about that later.

Dutchess turned her gaze to the horrific fall that the two had miraculously survived. Just seconds ago, they were the two that had plummeted towards the depths, the thought of death held within their minds... The place where they had fallen, however, was stained a crimson red, as if it had been pierced by a knife.

Hazy Aurora

Love thy Suicune. OwO
    Years
  • Celcus looked around, but nothing was there. Seeing Dutchess was concious, he hobbled towards her and offered her a small smile.

"At least we're alive." He admitted, his paw shaking horribly. He'd have to find some healing leaves. Something to stop the bleeding.

Dutchess smiled vaguely. "Yes, of course. But, I'm utterly exhausted." She tried to force herself to her own shaking paws, and this time stood erect.

"Let's try and find somewhere. Safe." She limped out of the clearing, Celcus hobbling after.

~? Northern Lights ?~

Crazy'n proud of it!
    Years
  • Celcus and Dutchess hobbled shakily, in search for a safe hiding place. A few times, the two collapsed, taken over by exhaustion, although their determination kept the two going. Death was not going to be an option.

"You were right about before... At least we survived." Dutchess whispered softly, trying to brighten the surrouding a little. Celcus just nodded in agreement, and Dutchess could clearly see the look of pain upon his face. She sighed, knowing that it was definitely going to be a long night...

"We seem to be going in circles." Celcus said shakily, now only realising where they were. Back at the treacherous waterfall.

Cybex Mewtwo

Someone's angry. :/
    Years
  • Viron awoke to find that he had apparently dozed off. He stood up, not as weak as before because of those berries....something was better than nothing. "Need to find someone...anyone...."

He looked about as he strolled down the hill and saw 2 wolves down by a stream. "Hmm...perhaps they can provide company..."

Wolf_Goddess

The pen is mightier...
    Years
  • She looks at the frozen river, cocking her new, wolf head. She tosses her head again, as to feel the way her ears flopped against when not held up tightly before scratching at the ice. Thankfully, she was at a patch which the ice was thin, and cracked a hole into it. She laps up the frigid water, mimicking how the dogs did it, and found it quite easy. She the wags her tail, fidig it amusing and gazes at her feet. When she realized that there were others, she blushed, or at least her cheeks got warm with embarassment.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back