• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] [Fire Red] I changed the type sprites, now how do I insert it again with the right palette in the game?

McPaul

On my way to become a controversial and hated memb
    Years
    I modified the type images in Fire Red to look like the ones of Ruby and Sapphire. Now I want to import it again in Fire Red with Nameless Sprite Editor with the right colours and all but I'm lost to how I should do this. NSE tells me about a problem with alpha channel idk what so could you help me please?
    Here are the new and old pictures:

[Fire Red] I changed the type sprites, now how do I insert it again with the right palette in the game?

[Fire Red] I changed the type sprites, now how do I insert it again with the right palette in the game?

McPaul

Years
    I might understand that there may be more than 16 colours in my picture and that's why it wont load.

BUUUUT in this case, how does the type chart gets more than 16 colours in Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald? Really I'm lost.

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
    Probably it is because the picture is not indexed. You can import the palette form Ruby or index the current one. However you must be aware some colors must be in a specific order because they are used for the font color of the Pokemon status screen.

McPaul

Years
    How is it possible that there are so much colours in the RSE type boxes while I can't use more in FR?

The FR type boxes are ugly as hell while the RSE ones are so cool!

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2024
    That is because in Pokemon Ruby/Emerald, the game is able to load 3 differents palettes for type icons in menu, which means more than 16 colors availables. However Pokemon Fire red is able to load only one palette, which means 16 colors availables.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
    The RSE type boxes are able to use three pallets as they aren't loaded into the background like FR, but into the OAM. In Emerald there is a table at 0x61CFDC that determines which pallet slot each type box (plus contest type box) should be used (They're all either 0xD, 0xE or 0xF). In addition, FR's type boxes are uncompressed while in Emerald, they are compressed.

Simply put, base game FR doesn't have the functionality to display the type boxes in more than one pallet without completely rewriting the way that they're displayed. Your best bet would be to use the decomp, but as for how you would go about achieving what you want to do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

McPaul

Years
    Thanks everyone for answering!

Probably it is because the picture is not indexed. You can import the palette form Ruby or index the current one. However you must be aware some colors must be in a specific order because they are used for the font color of the Pokemon status screen.

I compromised and made another chart.
    But as you told, when I imported it it made all the text in the summary yellow hahahahaha!
    So I have to export the palette and change the order of the colours in it?

Back