• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Fire red intro offsets?

Years
  • Hi everyone,
    I've been looking for the offsets for the intro text and animations, but I can't find them. Does anyone know what they are?
    Thanks

Years
  • Can you be more specific?

Sure! I mean like the animation where oak sends out the pokemon, and the text before that (welcome to the world...). What I want to do is remove some of this to make the intro shorter. I would just have to write 00 at those offsets to remove them right?

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • Sure! I mean like the animation where oak sends out the pokemon, and the text before that (welcome to the world...). What I want to do is remove some of this to make the intro shorter. I would just have to write 00 at those offsets to remove them right?

Not quite how that works. The intro in FireRed is a string of callbacks in which one callback calls the next one in the sequence. Are you looking to remove parts of the intro, or change things like the Pokeball animation here?

Years
  • Not quite how that works. The intro in FireRed is a string of callbacks in which one callback calls the next one in the sequence. Are you looking to remove parts of the intro, or change things like the Pokeball animation here?

What I want to do is remove some of the text boxes and skip the pokeball animation, so that it goes straight to the gender choice and name.

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • What I want to do is remove some of the text boxes and skip the pokeball animation, so that it goes straight to the gender choice and name.

Hmm, I'm debating just giving them to you or making you look for them and giving just enough hints. Try this:

1) Download IDA, how and where you get it from is up to you. You'll need 6.5
    2) Download knizz's IDB from his sig
    3) Type "g" and inside the box type 0812F7C0

Years
  • Hmm, I'm debating just giving them to you or making you look for them and giving just enough hints. Try this:

Ok I will try that out!

Years
  • Hmm, I'm debating just giving them to you or making you look for them and giving just enough hints. Try this:

Ok, it says " PUSH {R4-R7,LR}". That's an ASM command right? Do I need to use ASM for what I'm trying to do?

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • Ok, it says " PUSH {R4-R7,LR}". That's an ASM command right? Do I need to use ASM for what I'm trying to do?

Yes, the idea is you try to understand what these routines are doing, then figure out a basic algorithm to do what it is you're trying to do.

Back