• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Red Map Script Trouble

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2023
    I've been trying to create a type 03 map script that will cause an NPC to disappear/move upon map entry once a certain flag has been set, specifically an NPC blocking Misty's gym until the Bill event has been completed. I've tried several different variations of hidesprite and movesprite scripts found here on Pokecommunity to no avail. Each new map script doesn't seem to do anything. I'm not sure if I've been entering them wrong, if there's an issue with the program (advancemap 1.91), or if it's something else entirely.

failed script example:
    Spoiler:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Asith

Uwao
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Wrote this for you
    Code:
    '---------------
    #dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    checkflag 0x234
    if 0x1 call @hide
    end

'---------------
    #org @hide
    hidesprite 0xB
    setflag 0x2B9
    end

Just tried it on a fresh rom, my code works perfectly for that flag. Just make sure the flag is actually set if you still have trouble with it

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2023
    Thank you for the reply. After experimenting with the provided script and information I was able to isolate the issues and create something that worked for the intended purpose. I had to modify and repoint the base game's already existing type 03 map script rather than adding a second one.

Back