• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Fire Red or Leaf Green

Fire Red or Leaf Green

• Fire Red

Votes: 39 56.5%
  • Leaf Green

Votes: 30 43.5%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Cloyster PWNS! You forgot scyther too. =D

My sister bought FR, so she can trade me any of the exclusives.

Dratini927

Matt the Drat
    Years
    I use Fire Red as my main game, and Leaf Green as my guinea pig game, to restart and get more items and what-not. :P Mainly I use Fire Red more because Red was my first game I got that was Pokemon, and it just seems like tradition for me to use the original Red as my main game. Plus, there was no Green in America way back then, so no traditional feeling there. :P

Kelsey

~-*-~-*-~-*-~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2005
    Well, it looks like Leaf Green's winning so far. XD I chose Leaf Green. I just got it recently too. I'm thinking I'll actually start the game today. I think I'm going to choose either Charmander or Bulbasaur, but I'm not entirely sure yet. ^^;

~Kelsey

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    i voted for LG (though I have both of them). I like the original Red Version but i wanted to change a little and also i choosed green because venusaur is the starter i picked (i also liked blstoise but its difficult misty,surge and erika's gyms) With charizard it's hard against brock and misty but in this version charmander learns metal claw that is effective against rock-type pkmn so it isn't so difficult as it was in the original red version.

Years
    I got FireRed bc I read somwhere that you could get an Aurora Ticket via an ingame cheat, and I wanted attack Deoxys...now that I found out that the ingame cheat does NOT work...I am pretty peeved. But I guess I have to say FR bc that is the only one I have out of the two. Plan on getting LG though.

~Black Moonlight~

Inu-yasha Fan...to much...
    Years
    my fav is fire red, because I have all my good pokemon on there like tyranitar, entei, ect.

I bought it because it has better pokemon when I looked at which ones it did and didn't have on serebii.net .

Porygon

Banned
    Years
    FireRed. Why? Snakes. I love the snake Pok?mon. And Skarmory, lol *my fav bird*. And because having Charizard is just so much more right on FR XD

Although LG gets Sneasel, while FR is stuck with crummy old Delibird? but, eh. Whatever XD

Years
    OMG, FR and LG both tie at 50.00%!
    Anyway, even though I like Charizard, I vote for Leaf Green!
    -It's got Magmar;
    -It's got Ninetales; XD
    -Porygon costs 6,500 at the Game Corner instead of 9,999;
    Then there is a drawback: You only get Oddish and Gloom in FireRed, you
    get Belsprout and Weepinbell in LeafGreen, and Gloom has 2 evolutions, which means you'll have 1 less in LG Pok?Dex then in FR.
    ...And I did pick Charmander as a starter! XD

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Leaf Green PWNS FR because of its exclusives. They're pretty much all my favorites.

[But I miss cloyster ;_;]

Back