• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Approved] Fire Type Emblem Arena

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    The premise of this game is basically that of Fire Type Emblem except for a small detail... there are no enemies played by the gamemaster, but people are pit into two teams instead, fighting against each other. Ideally, I want two Tapus team up against the other two, but it will all depend on the number of people on each team that signs up whether that's possible. (If it's at least somewhat close, I can add some dummy Pokémon to balance it out.) I might just add the Tapus themselves to the roster too, that might be fun.

The thread itself is used signing up and phase posts. I'd like to request two channels of the GT Discord chat to use as team chats, if that's okay. That's where people can discuss tactics and such.
    I am not entirely sure how to post the phases yet. Having the opposing team's moves and abilities secret really adds to the game, but that means only little information can be posted in the thread. This makes it harder to determine your team's moves, because you can't directly view your own team's attacks. I'm thinking I could fix this by making three versions of each phase: one for the thread and two that I send by PM to the corresponding team members. But I'm still open for suggestions on this.

Time frame: three days for sign-ups, one day for character placement, and then we're off. I'm hoping it's possible to have 48h phases, but this may be tough when the teams are big.

As for scoring, that would be the easiest if the match is between two groups of two Tapus. In that case, the Tapus from the last group standing, score points for their team.

As I can basically steal the CSS and all information from the running FTE game, this game is almost good to go.

To-do:
    ✔ get the introductory post together
    - make a map
    - make some slight code alterations to make it two-team friendly

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

Years
    Okay, so I hear the GT lasts for only 10 days. I think I might need to leave sign-ups open for only the first two days (I know that's short, but that's okay right?) and skip the day for character placement, otherwise there is no way I'm going to fit this in the GT. Even with that it is still possible the battle isn't over by the end of the GT, in which case the scoring needs to be changed. Giving points based on the number of KO'd Pokémon on the opposing teams would sound good. The Tapus themselves could count double.

Would it be possible for you guys to make some sort of general calendar for the GT? By that I mean a sticked post with the deadlines for all events, it'd be rather convenient for people to be reminded to when to finish what and which threads they will be wanting to check out first.

Lycanthropy

Years
    Fire Type Emblem Arena
    Fire Type Emblem Arena
    "Greetings, adventurer! I hear you are looking for a challenge to prove yourself, an epic battle against worthy opponents. The fight will be grand, but luckily you will not be on your own. With your tribe members on your side, no opponent shall be able to stop you in the epic showdown that awaits. Yes, my friend, I welcome you to the..."

Fire Type Emblem Arena!

In Fire Type Emblem Arena two teams are pit against each other in a turn-based combat. Your team is victorious when either the opposing team is wiped out or when it has more players still standing at the end of the Get Together.

How do things work?
    The game alternates between the phases for both teams, each which lasts a maximum of 48 hours. In the your team's phase your character can do stuff (see below). Once all players of your team have acted (or time runs out), it is time for the other team to make their move, and so on and so forth. During the game you can use your team's Discord chat (hosted on the Get Together's official Discord server) to discuss strategy with your teammates.

A turn consists of two steps (neither of which is obligatory):
    1. Move: Move a number of squares up to your Movement. Keep the following rules in mind:
    - Moving can be done horizontally or vertically, but not diagonally.
    - Some squares (such as those occupied by trees) cannot be accessed. Others require a special kind of movement to enter (a square in a lake can only be accessed by flying or swimming Pokemon for example).
    - You cannot move through spaces occupied by an enemy.
    - You may move through an ally's space. However you cannot end your turn there.
    2. Use an Action: An Action can be one of the following things:
    > 2a. Attack: Use one of your attacks against a target within range. Take note that some attacks have a limited amount of PP.
    > 2b. Use an item: Use an item from your inventory. This usually consumes it.
    > 2c. Interact: Interact with the environment, such as picking up an item or talking to a friendly NPC.
    > 2d. Sprint: Take a second Move action, as described under Step 1.

Join the battle!
    Fire Type Emblem Arena
    What's that? You are interested in joining the Arena? Jolly good! Just fill in this small form here and we'd gladly welcome you to the fight!

To sign up, simply state your interest and Discord username here in the thread. Then send your Pok?mon's data (below) to me via Private Message. (You don't want to have the opposing team pick a full type advantage party on you, do you?)

Nickname (optional):
    Species: any unevolved Pok?mon (no legendary or mythical Pok?mon)*
    Ability: either non-hidden ability

*: Your base stats will be scaled, so you won't get an unfair disadvantage for picking a Pok?mon with a poor base-stat total. I still can't recommend playing as a Magikarp though.

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

Years
    I think this is probably ready but can you confirm the 1st, 2nd, 3rd set up we gave you for crystals works?

Not really actually. Ideally this battle will be two tribes against the other two. One team (two Tribes) will win, and both gain the prize. The other gets nothing.

You could still use the Normalium to award people individually for participating too (since the teams might not be consisting of equal numbers of Tribe members), but a second place wouldn't be necessary.

Years
    Not really actually. Ideally this battle will be two tribes against the other two. One team (two Tribes) will win, and both gain the prize. The other gets nothing.

You could still use the Normalium to award people individually for participating too (since the teams might not be consisting of equal numbers of Tribe members), but a second place wouldn't be necessary.

Works for me!

Back