• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Firered Elite Four Animations

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2019
    Hey guys,
    This is a topic that i haven't seen discussed or touched upon ANYWHERE yet but I might be mistaken.
    It is about the start of the battle animation of the Elite Four in fire red.
    you know that really brief moment where there are 2 horizontal bars of different colors and you and the opposing elite four member's sprite comes sliding in.
    i was wondering if these bars' colours could be edited i cant find the script for this animation anywhere in the coding. i already found out that if you change the sprite of an elite four member then the sliding sprite of the animation also changes automatically so thats nice. but i would also like to change the color.
    Does anyone know how to do this?

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hey guys,
    This is a topic that i haven't seen discussed or touched upon ANYWHERE yet but I might be mistaken.
    you know that really brief moment where there are 2 horizontal bars of different colors and you and the opposing elite four member's sprite comes sliding in.
    i was wondering if these bars' colours could be edited i cant find the script for this animation anywhere in the coding. i already found out that if you change the sprite of an elite four member then the sliding sprite of the animation also changes automatically so thats nice. but i would also like to change the color.

This post from the Research & Development section has some general informations plus ASM routines you could use for editing FireRed's pre-battle mugshots if that's of any help.

rubenturen

Also Known as: Canned Brain
    Years
  • Hey guys,

Its actually pretty simple(in my opinion)

What you need:
    Vba(you need to use this exact emulator)
    Your ROM
    Ape(advance palette editor)

What to do:
    1.start of by opening vba. Then click on tools
    And then palette viewer. A box will open

2.trigger the elite four animation
    In the game, and then click on the
    Palette viewer box, while the animation
    Was playing.

3.now find the palette of the animation
    amongst all the palettes on screen.
    (Tip: try looking for the colors used in the animation)
    (Each row is a new palette)

4.open up you rom in ape.
    Then click the load by searching box.
    Now go back to the palette screen
    And click the first color in the palette of the animation.
    There you will see 4 hex numbers.(example:45a5)
    Then you need to split the hex numbers into groups of
    Two. (45 a5) then switch those groups around and put them together.(a545)

5.now take your numbers and put them into the first box in ape(in the top one of the two sets)
    Do the same for the rest of the colors. Then click search. (if it can't find it try checking your colors
    Or click the compressed palette box)now click the load from offset box.

6.now press the picture beside where you input the pallet which has no arrow plus or anything in the corner. Now it will be copied to the bottom row. Now just edit the bottom row how you like it.

7.click replace and then load. and if it all worked
    Out the color of the animation should be changed

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    I struggled to interpret this information so this is for anyone else who is struggling
    Here's the pointers from Pokefirered's src/battle_transition.c on Github

083fa660 l MugshotPal_Lorelei
    083fa680 l MugshotPal_Bruno
    083fa6a0 l MugshotPal_Agatha
    083fa6c0 lMugshotPal_Lance
    083fa6e0 l MugshotPal_Blue
    083fa700 l MugshotPal_Red
    083fa720 l MugshotPal_Green

If you're using Hex Manic Advance be sure to have the pointers display as palettes
    Hope everyone has a nice one

Back