• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireStar's Graphical Gallery

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
  • FireStar's Graphical Gallery

Yes, and hello to you all! You have stumbled across a rare merchandise, yes...
    Anyway, this is my first Gallery, so I'm probably not that great yet. This would have been up earlier if it hadn't been for GIMP glitching up. Yes, as I just gave away, I use GIMP, so no snooty Photoshoppers can touch me. Mwahahaha! (Did I just say that out loud?)

So I have been busy for about three months now learning the ins and outs of GIMP, seeing what I like best in an image and trying my best to make good images for your pleasure. So, you wanna see some graphics? So here we are:

Earlier stuffs (made at the beginning of my Graphics Apprentiship):
    Spoiler:

So after a bit of practice, I turned out these:
    Spoiler:

Note, with these I have not been using a specific size banner, I have been working around the image. From my next update onwards, I shall be using a template of around 350x150. This may vary slightly from time to time.
    Friendly C&C is welcome, anything overly harsh though will be reported.
    I have worked hard on these so... Enjoy!

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    Friendly C&C is welcome, anything overly harsh though will be reported.

If you don't get harsh critisism you learn absolutely nothing. when it comes to cnc you want the harshest and most precise. but keep in mind you dont want kinds like
    "you just fail....you suck....just stop...."
    along those lines.
    Anyways....they are mostly very poor....no real effects..the filters used give bad appearnce...no lighting...just a bg and render on most....and a lotttt of brush whoring.

Last edited:

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
  • No keoni. If you continue like this, nobody will like you. You don't need harsh criticism. You need explanation. There's no point in being very rude and mean because chances are, nobody will listen to you anyways.

Anyways, You're starting off well but you need to make the background stand out. Try to use c4D's, brushes and smudge a bit. You need to make the background darker so that it doesn't look light behind the render. Keep it up!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2012
    No keoni. If you continue like this, nobody will like you. You don't need harsh criticism. You need explanation. There's no point in being very rude and mean because chances are, nobody will listen to you anyways.

Anyways, You're starting off well but you need to make the background stand out. Try to use c4D's, brushes and smudge a bit. You need to make the background darker so that it doesn't look light behind the render. Keep it up!
    Keoni is right. The only reason people don't listen to people like Keoni is because their not stubborn enough to learn. If you're not stubborn you won't get far. You have to listen to people if you want to improve. Tbh, I haven't seen many good people in graphics here except in Sotw.

CnC...
    The text sucks, the sigs are monotone, not enough contrast, and bad effects. Needs more overall work although I can see improvement.
    Keep it up!

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Nice graphics! ;D especially the Arceus one. That ones awesome!.
    Keep up the good graphics *Firestar*.
    some people need to lay down on the criticism a bit, it can hurt peoples feelings on what you can say

anyways Great graphics once again! nice start. :3

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Thanks for the, on the whole, critical but constructive comments. These as I said are my first attempts and aren't going to be up to others critically high standards.

Any constructive criticism, and helpful tips are always appreciated and taken onboard. Criticism is fine but I have to agree it needs to be backed up with explanation, reason or helpful advice. If someone's just being harsh and defamatory, you'd have to ask yourself why they feel they need to do that kind of thing.

I've just downloaded some of the effects you guys have recommended so will take it from there and hopefully improve.

Back