• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Card

Gold Tom

Krazier Than You
    Years
    What was your first ever Pokemon Card.

I got mine at a Garage Sale and it was a Dark Charmeleon. I lost it when I moved houses, I miss it so.

Last edited:

seanmorely

Self-proclaimed sexiest member
    Years
    My first card was a plain, simple Ponyta. I got it like 8 years ago, for helping out a friend of mine with some homework he did't really understand. My 2nd card was Marowak, but I have no idea how I got it. I used the Marowak to win a Raticate and traded that one for an Arcanine.

Hah, pleasant memories.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Actually, it was the Base Starter Deck that I started off with, not an individual card. Although, if you want to get technical, you could say it was the Machamp that was first in the stack...

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    A Weedle O_o my good for nothing cousin would only give me his trash-pokemon XD

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    Either a Rhyhorn or a Caterpie. I don't remember which 0.o

Some girl at my summer camp gave it to me.

Years
    Base Set Beedrill from the first Base Set Water/Grass starter deck (I forget the name at the moment) was the first one I noticed. It just called out to me, even though, it's old and gunked up, I still used it for my 50th deck. So, does that count? Heh. I'm sure there are others, but none with actual impressions.

Maybe Mewtwo from the Psy/Lightning starter deck, "Zap," as it was interesting.

Years
    Actually, it was the Base Starter Deck that I started off with, not an individual card. Although, if you want to get technical, you could say it was the Machamp that was first in the stack...

I think my collection started the same way, and I think I split it with my cousin. Somehow, thinking of this brought me to the wishful thinking that they should make a Pokemon Trading Card Game video game for the DS. (Maybe it's because I have no one to play against anymore in RL)

PocketPika

Quiet Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2011
    hmm my first card was mankey... i remember it like it was yesterday... but it was actually many many many years ago like 1 month after pokemon cards hit the shelves for the first time... good times

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    A Japanese Jungle Oddish & a Base Gastly and Tangela. I didn't have a clue what to do with them XD

Kitori_theTeamAquaSuicune

Aqua Snagger Kitori
    Years
    My first rare card (because I got a crapload of cards for my birthday) was a holographic Venusaur.

But because I was incredibly stupid about pokemon (it was popular so my parents assumed I knew it. I didn't know squat except Pikachu.), I traded it for a Japanese extremely common Pikachu.

As a seven year old, I was extremely stupid.

Years
    Somehow, thinking of this brought me to the wishful thinking that they should make a Pokemon Trading Card Game video game for the DS. (Maybe it's because I have no one to play against anymore in RL)

Indeed. I was hoping for the GB 2 game back when, and that fell apart. So, yeah, a US sequel is long overdue. Regarding the lack of players, at least, there is Redshark on Poke Beach for people online? Sighs.

Puddle Fish

Non-conforming Fishie!
    Years
    Wow! That'd be really cool!

My first was also Dark Charmeleon, but I got mine from a friend back when I was younger because I shared my Chips with him:P

Back