• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Ever Fake - Buoysel

Zack

Arr!
    Years
    This is my first EVER fake, and i'm pretty happy with how it turned out but not sure about the switch part of Aqua Jet's wording, but copied most wording from other cards to make sure it was correct. I'm not sure who drew the buoysel but wikipedia said the picture is from the movie/series so yeah, I wasn't sure so I didn't put it. Fangking told me to read the tutorial word by word, and believe me I did :D

Rate please :)

First Ever Fake - Buoysel

https://img86.imageshack.us/img86/1045/buoycopyci8.jpg

Cascade Of The Sky

Shining Porygon master
    Years
    if you had have said.. "This is my 100th card", i still would have beleived you!

all i can say is!!! WOW! - this acrd is amazing! - fantastic use of sugimori's art! except you forgot the illus. Sugimori!, if you make this on photoshop, i would have put a glow around bouysel, and made the background "Watercoloured, or Cutout!...

the fots look correct but a little squashed! the energy symbols look a little rough, but other than this, the placement look absolute!

10/10! good work zack!

Zack

Arr!
    Years
    I got the energy symbols from pokepalace from the link in the tutorial, and they were all rough like this and didn't know where to get better versions.

I did make it on photoshop but this is my first time ever using it so I don't really know much about it :P

If you taught me how to put a glow I probly could :)

Years
    I Must say Zack, i like that card, the placement is all correct :) usually unexpected for ppl making their first card, but i reckoned you paid close attention to the tutorial, thats only way of getting better, reading over the tutorial and correcting your errors. PokemonPalace is a fantastic place for getting your faking needs. i noticed Cascade of the Sky said that the symbols and Energies look a bit rough, that is because you may of accidently downloaded a jpeg format of the symbol sheet, with the psd format of the symbol sheet the symbols and energies are not jagged.
    The Font to my looks like it may not of been Gills Sans, maybe Humanist?

I'd love to see more of your work Zack, i am very interested to see your skills :)

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Great job, especially for a first-timer. It's far better than the first fake I'd ever attempted.
    Is that the official name of the Pokemon or is that what it's English name is thought to be?

Lunanai

Beginning Faker
    Years
    you have the exact same problem with fonts that I've had.
    change anti-aliasing mode to "smooth". (it's right from the font size)

also, I think that 9-digit code is bold. and it shouldn't be.
    but i'm not 100% sure.

great job.

Zack

Arr!
    Years
    I saved it as jpg because I didn't know how big of a file psd was and such but the energys from pokepalace were already pretty rough looking because I picked the first one on the left not knowing the difference of the 3 from just looking at the thumbnails, which turns out to be .gif, thats why they're all rough looking. Kouga, its the thought of to be english name, its probly official though. I think the font problem was I used sharp for fonts as thats what it was at first and as I read the tutorial word by word I never changed it x.x

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    Cascade Of The Sky said:
    if you had have said.. "This is my 100th card", i still would have beleived you!
    You read that from Cascade Gonpory, you know you done good. :)

Apart from the fact that some of the fonts are maybe a bit out-of-shape, it's awesome. :) 9.7/10.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023
    That is an excellent card, especially for a first timer

I like it a lot, 9.9/10!!! (the HP font looks a little weird to me)

Zack

Arr!
    Years
    Thanks again everyone :)
    I'll be sure to try to make some more, i'm working on a 3 card evolution line with my own pokemon i'm making :)

Back