• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen First Impressions of Platinum

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2012
    Haven't gotten much playing time so far.. I have to go to bed in 30 mins.. So.. I'll occupy this last bit of time to playing Platinum.. Right now I'm in Jubilife(I've been playing for like 2 hrs, but I've been multitasking).. The beginning was WAAYY too long.. It ticked me off a bit, I'm happy I'm threw with that.. I hope to complete the main story by next Monday, hoping earlier.. Then I'll begin working on my Main Wi-Fi team for platinum.. I decided to start fresh and scrap my Diamond.. I had almost all of the Pokemon which made it less fun and caused me to not play it for 6 months :p.. Well I'm sure recollecting will bring back the fun I once had playing Pokemon..

Man I talk to much..

Last edited:

Ultra Ball X

Certified Ultra Ball
    Years
  • Just got my 8th badge and on my way to the Pokemon League. Got to see Distortion world and it is awesome. Giratina is so badass.

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2012
    WOW, took you a day to beat it? plus if you had school? You must've been doing some hardcore playing :o

Anyways since you've pretty much beat the main story what do you give it on a scale from 1 to 10?

Ultra Ball X

Certified Ultra Ball
    Years
  • WOW, took you a day to beat it? plus if you had school? You must've been doing some hardcore playing :o

Anyways since you've pretty much beat the main story what do you give it on a scale from 1 to 10?

Haven't beaten it yet and I have the ROM so I had it on like last Wednesday. Still gota beat the Pokemon League but so far 8/10 very good.

Years
  • Well I'm in Floaroma Forest right now. That Mars Purugly still was hard to beat (With my crappy/Favorite in-game team) I remember going nuts in Diamond over her. XD

Anyways....I'm taking things slow and collecting PKMN. :3

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Route 208 -
    You can get the Odd Keystone from a trainer, instead of having to meet 30 people underground to get it. This will be very nice for me!! I can finally get a Spiritomb with my OT.

drifl00n

drifloon master
    Years
  • haha did you play in school? thats awesome though. as for me right now im at the canalave city gym.
    im trying to get a swablu, so i can get altaria. i can definitely use later on. my party as of now is

gastrodon: level 36
    torterra: level 35
    luxray: level 35
    gardevoir: level 37
    staraptor: level 34
    riolu egg c: hahaha

White Lotus

As High As Wu-Tang Gets
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2009
    My first impressions were that it seemed a little sexier. I dug the new title graphics on the name of the map when you would change zones.

Then i walked into Eterna Forest and <O.O> happened to my eyes.

It is the best thing i've seen GF do with graphics on a map. It really gave it a creepy closed in atmosphere and i'm pretty impressed. Hopefully there's more changes like that.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2009
    When I first started my Japanese one, a while ago it was awesome. Good Luck to everyone on beating the game!

PS: DO NOT SKIP TRAINERS THROUGHOUT THE STORY. THE NATIONAL DEX IS HELL OF HARD TO GET SO YOU WILL WANT TO BATTLE EVERYONE!

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • GRRRRRAWWWWRRR I can't wait to get it!

I'm too busy with a speech to write, two papers, an online sociology journal, and a Stats test to buy and play yet though. ;_; (It doesn't help that I'm going away this weekend either.)

I'm glad everyone has a great impression of it. Maybe we'll get some more hot shot battlers up in here. ;)

Gamethief19

That's what she said.....
    Years
  • I love it so far. I haven't played Pearl in a while, but I bet I'll be playing Platinum for long while. So far the story line is great (working on getting my second badge) and the new GUI is great as well.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Finally got the game today and I got to say I'm enjoying it a lot more...same moves, but different looks for some! New pokemon popping up earlier than before, and a new storyline to follow by... I like it a lot so far! :)

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • I really hope I don't know what you mean by that.. Please, lie to me if you have too haha, I don't like any form of spoilers @.@

Uh... If you read my whole post, you DO know what I mean by that.

An appearance by Cyrus before I even get the Pokédex? A random appearance by the Looker before I even get to the first gym? Awesome! I love the ongoing plots and recurring characters in Pokémon games, so the more that the overall plotline intrudes on the regular grind of getting badges, the better. Even if it's little cameo appearances of later characters.

Plus, as a fan of any and all villainous teams, I applaud Platinum for having the earliest appearance of a bad guy in a game to date.

And my Piplup is female. Is there a higher ratio of female-to-male starters in Platinum, or were the three of us that commented on it so far just lucky? (Or unlucky, depending on your preference. I'm thinking "easier breeding," so I consider it good luck.)

The OWs are better, too. The male sprite doesn't look like he's about to topple over from that monstrous hat when he's got heavier clothes on.

I was just referring to the same thing twice. (It was worth mentioning twice. Team Galactic for the win.) Sorry if you somehow skipped the first sentence and by my pointing it out here, I forced you to read a spoiler by accident; but if you've played the game fifteen minutes, you're long past that part.

Out of curiosity, if you're that worried about spoilers, why are you reading a thread about people's opinions of the newest game?

Anyway... I like the slight changes they've made in Pokémon availability. Bronzor's available in Route 211, awesome. I didn't have to dodge Geodude and Zubat in Mt. Coronet or get a bike to reach it. And Scyther's on Route 215, instead of Diamond-only and north of Resort Area. I suppose that only matters if you want Bronzor and Scyther... which I do, so it's all good.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • Fantina is a pain in the Arceus.

I need to backtrack and find Wayward Cave so I can get more EXP! And besides, I haven't gone deeper into Oreburgh Gate... And I need to go to... ARGH! I don't even know anymore!!! Just need to calm down, get my DS charged, then play like a madman. Luckily holidays start tomorrow, that means my parents won't be awake yet and I can play all day!!! Until my bro comes back. But at that time, I would be on contests again, so he won't know A THING!!! Muahahaha, MUAHAHAHA...

Back