• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First non-competetive deck: F/G/W

Tailow_r.a

Music junkie
    Years
    Hello,

This is my first ever deck I've made. I put a lot of thought into it, so I would appreciate constructive critisicm.

As of now, I do not plan to go competetive. However, I've been collecting all my life and have about... 600 cards, so I finally decided what the heck, I'll make a deck.

I actually found out there are Pokemon tournaments held every weekend at a comic store here, but they're not super competetive. More so just for fun, so I wanted to join.

Anyways, here's my grass/water/fire deck:

x8 Grass NRG
    x8 Fire NRG
    x8 Water NRG

Rainbow NRG
    Cyclone NRG
    Holon NRG GL
    Warp NRG
    Multi NRG

Chikorita x2 (CoL)
    Bayleef x2 (HG*SS)
    Meganium (HG*SS)

Cyndaquil x2 (CoL)
    Quilava x2 (DP MT)
    Typhlosion (HG*SS)

Todadile x2 (DP MT)
    Croconaw x2 (HG*SS)
    Feraligatr (HG*SS)

Magikarp x2 (DP MT)
    Gyarados (Base)

Potion x3
    NRG SEarch
    Super Potion PokEdex
    Switch
    Quick Ball
    Defender
    PokEgear
    PokE Radar
    PokEmon Collector
    Proff. Oak's Visit
    Bill's Maintenance

Thoughts, feedback?

Last edited:

shady_pete

fier
    Years
    well i do agree with donavannj here but i suppose you do have your energy search and multi energy cards to supply you with what you need in a decent casual match. i would though go without the huge amount of items and give you an extra basic or stage one pokemon such as an extra gyarados or an extra cyndaquil but all together a great deck for casual or competetive gameplay.

Years
    well i do agree with donavannj here but i suppose you do have your energy search and multi energy cards to supply you with what you need in a decent casual match. i would though go without the huge amount of items and give you an extra basic or stage one pokemon such as an extra gyarados or an extra cyndaquil but all together a great deck for casual or competetive gameplay.

I'd leave the huge amount of items in, personally, if 3 types are going to be used.

Tailow_r.a

Music junkie
    Years
    Thanks for the feedback.

The only thing I had to go on with making this deck was it had to compliment. Because I've seen a lot of 3 type decks I thought I'd give it a try. Also, I went along with what I had. I only have about 10 of each NRG type, and a kajillion trainers/stadiums that I sifted through.
    Also, I only have 2 of each of those basic Pokemon, so I figured it would be okay.

However I came up with a few questions I had regarding these situations:
    Do the basic Pokemon have to be from the same deck?/Do they need to be exactly the same card?
    What is the purpose of having more than one of these cards in your deck?
    Do the Pokemon in the evolution chain need to be the same type? IE, I have Nidoran male and Nidorino as psychic, and a fighting type Nidoking.... is that legal?

Thanks again, I will try to beat down the deck into a fire/water deck and let you know the product. I am also currently working on a fighting/psycic deck because those are my favorite types.

Years
    However I came up with a few questions I had regarding these situations:
    Do the basic Pokemon have to be from the same deck?/Do they need to be exactly the same card?
    What is the purpose of having more than one of these cards in your deck?
    Do the Pokemon in the evolution chain need to be the same type? IE, I have Nidoran male and Nidorino as psychic, and a fighting type Nidoking.... is that legal?

1. No to both. They just have to be of the same name (for instance, you can have 2 Pikachu from the Jungle set, 2 from the Base Set, 4 Flying Pikachu, and 4 Surfing Pikachu in the same deck due to the fact that Flying Pikachu and Surfing Pikachu have different names from the regular old Pikachu.
    2. To increase your odds of getting that card in your hand when you need it.
    3. No, they do not need to be the same type. The name of the lower stage just needs to match the name of the Pokemon the higher stage it says it evolves from. Your example would be a legal evolution chain.

shady_pete

fier
    Years
    right then well in answer to your first question i think the cards can be from any deck so long as long as they are in the correct evolution chain. the second question's answer is that if your first basic pokemon faint before getting your stage one pokemon you wont be able to use your stage one pokemon in your battle however if you had more than one then you have a greater chance of evolving. and your third question the answer is yes, i believe the nidoking you are refering to is a delta species pokemon because if so then deltas are perfectly compatible with the evolutions even if the types are different. was that clear? because now i read through it it doesn't make much sense but hey cant blame a guy for teying to help eh ;)

aww dang it you posted at practically the same time lol

Last edited:
    Years
    right then well in answer to your first question i think the cards can be from any deck so long as long as they are in the correct evolution chain. the second question's answer is that if your first basic pokemon faint before getting your stage one pokemon you wont be able to use your stage one pokemon in your battle however if you had more than one then you have a greater chance of evolving. and your third question the answer is yes, i believe the nidoking you are refering to is a delta species pokemon because if so then deltas are perfectly compatible with the evolutions even if the types are different. was that clear? because now i read through it it doesn't make much sense but hey cant blame a guy for teying to help eh ;)

aww dang it you posted at practically the same time lol

That's not a Delta Species Nidoking. That typing is based off of the fact that Nidoking is part ground type in the games (which, in the card game, is grouped with fighting and rock to form the Fighting type), and that's been Nidoking's default typing essentially since the first Diamond and Pearl set.

shady_pete

fier
    Years
    ah oki my bad i haven't bought a booster set for a while so i had my instincts to go on sorry its because i never really thought of the fact that it was part ground type in the games i never really bothered to train any nidoran in the originals to HGSS but hey i kinda gotten used to the fact that it seems to be a fully poison type sorry for that people im also still kinda new to forums so im sorry for my lack of quoting :(

Tailow_r.a

Music junkie
    Years
    Thank you very much for all your guys' help. As I say, I have never ever made a deck before so this is all very confusing. Everytime I've seen online battles, they always seem to have the same cards for their doubles, which is quite difficult for me, because I do not have a lot of doubles, especially of the cards actually helpful in battle! So I am glad to know this is okay, because some Pokemon I have I have upwards of like... 10 different cards. So this is good news, thank you so much!

I will review the GFW deck, and work heavily on my Psychic/fighting deck. :)

shady_pete

fier
    Years
    Thank you very much for all your guys' help. As I say, I have never ever made a deck before so this is all very confusing. Everytime I've seen online battles, they always seem to have the same cards for their doubles, which is quite difficult for me, because I do not have a lot of doubles, especially of the cards actually helpful in battle! So I am glad to know this is okay, because some Pokemon I have I have upwards of like... 10 different cards. So this is good news, thank you so much!

I will review the GFW deck, and work heavily on my Psychic/fighting deck. :)

no prob i'm just glad i was of help for once lol good luck with your psy/fight deck ;)

Tailow_r.a

Music junkie
    Years
    No you both were great help! :D

I know nothing about decks, they have always been waaaay too confusing for me to understand; certainly takes time and patience, so I appreciate yours' with my noobness, LOL!

shady_pete

fier
    Years
    well i was only speaking for one of us there so ya know lol but yea i've only just learned about building decks and playing the game properly so hey i just wanted to help out another pokemon fan thats all ;)

Back