• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Person MORPG?

Gerri Shin

  
Years
  • Has anyone ever thought of creating a pokemon gmae where the view is no longer third person. like the camera's not up in the air so you see everything around you.
    I'd like to see a first person game. where you navigate as if the screen where your eyes. you encounter pokémon as you see them. like they could be up a tree, but to engage them in battle you must first click on them before they scatter?
    the real story could be very similar to the anime's a continual quest to become the greatest trainer where the level cap is far above 100. also there could be a very good chance that this would work well as an MMORPG.
    I'm not a game maker, and don't understand the stuff you need to understand to make this stuff, but if some who does know and understand what is needed and wants a challenge I think this would be right up their alley.

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
    Years
  • Well this'd be very iinteresting for me if I knew a little more about GM, I am making a pokeomn 2D SIDE-SCROLLING game (MMORPG) and as a GM fan, it is very fun to make - and frustrating, lol.

Unfortunately us few that have the capibities have their time taken up making their own games and requests.

The person you are seeking to make this project is a rare one - one that knows EVERYTHING in GM - and these are only a handful, and I do not think that they would make a pokemon game.

Anyway, best stick with the 2D ones for now - they are still fun. I would give you a link to one that has an actual demo, but unfortunatly there is none such one in existance yet. Wait untill the 30th and mine will hopefully be out be out.

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
    Years
  • Jonsploder, I may sound so but I am not being mean or anything, but you are posting a lot about your game everywhere, it may be nice, but don't post it just everywhere. I mean all the posts that I have read by you mention the existance of your game. I accept it is good enough to be proud of, but what you are doing sounds n00bish.

Anyways, well you don't need to know GM for this because GM lacks the capability to create 3D games. And since you don't want to make this, I guess your good ideas will go waste. 3D programming means programming literally, and takes much of your hardwork. People can find a good engine somewhere but they still need to spend time on it to make the game, because this is not just a Pokemon game, this is a 3D 1st person camera Pokemon game we talk about. For your suggestions, PC is not the right place, not many people know Direct3D programming or OpenGL, and theose who do are not likely to take up this project. Better off, suggest this at some site meant for game programmers.

Tentacruel13

PM me f you want to contact me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    Jonsploder, I may sound so but I am not being mean or anything, but you are posting a lot about your game everywhere, it may be nice, but don't post it just everywhere. I mean all the posts that I have read by you mention the existance of your game. I accept it is good enough to be proud of, but what you are doing sounds n00bish.

Anyways, well you don't need to know GM for this because GM lacks the capability to create 3D games. And since you don't want to make this, I guess your good ideas will go waste. 3D programming means programming literally, and takes much of your hardwork. People can find a good engine somewhere but they still need to spend time on it to make the game, because this is not just a Pokemon game, this is a 3D 1st person camera Pokemon game we talk about. For your suggestions, PC is not the right place, not many people know Direct3D programming or OpenGL, and theose who do are not likely to take up this project. Better off, suggest this at some site meant for game programmers.

I agree GM isn't the best thing to make a 3D game with but saying it lacks. Not many people here use GM but if you go to the Game Maker Community(can't post link to another forum) you will see a lot of good 3D programming.

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • actually, you don't need to make exactly a 3d game, make a 2d game in rmxp with an engine that makes it look semi 3d, there's a script like that.

moritat

Mapper o' doom
    Years
  • Sauerbraten

Sauerbraten is a game engine like rpgmxp BUT! it is not a rpg maker, it makes 3d FFPS but it might be able to be used as a pokemon engine, if you know a lot about 3d graphics and what not.

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
    Years
  • I agree GM isn't the best thing to make a 3D game with but saying it lacks. Not many people here use GM but if you go to the Game Maker Community(can't post link to another forum) you will see a lot of good 3D programming.

Well then, I am sorry about that, I mis understood it's capabilities. Anyways, I think he doesn't want such suggestions, he wants some one to get motivated with his idea.

Al Sadiyat

Naughty Trainer
    Years
  • Sauerbraten is a game engine like rpgmxp BUT! it is not a rpg maker, it makes 3d FFPS but it might be able to be used as a pokemon engine, if you know a lot about 3d graphics and what not.

I know how to use Sauerbraten, and they are working on a RPG system. I was just thinking about making parts of Sinnoh in 3D!

I imagine you could make it so instead of a gun popping out when you hit 1-9 or whatever, a pokemon would and "shoot" different moves at other characters, but not randomly, only in a gym. This system is way beyond my zero coding ability though.

If you look out from the lighthouse in Sunyshore then you can imagine how it might look in 1st person!

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
    Years
  • Actualy you underestimate GM. It does WONDERFULL 3D stuff if you know what you are doing. And motivate him? I think you should warn people first lol. Sorry for posting all over the place about it, I am quite proud of it and it was noobish. Sorry people. Anyway it can be done, quite easily if you know most of GML and dont have 34559876698579324765945769586795827695897654 pages of homework, lol.

Back