• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Pokémon game you played?

What was the first Pokemon game you played?

• Red/Blue

Votes: 220 53.5%
  • Yellow

Votes: 60 14.6%
  • Gold/silver

Votes: 54 13.1%
  • Crystal

Votes: 18 4.4%
  • Ruby/Sapphire

Votes: 29 7.1%
  • Fire Red/Leaf Green

Votes: 12 2.9%
  • Emerald

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • Diamond/Pearl

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Platinum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon - Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Pokemon - Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darkness

• Pokemon Ranger

• Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia

• Total voters

Gavin<3

Years
    Yellow version was my first. Me and my brother had wanted it for so long, even though G/S were already out. Mamma called from the shop to be instructed. We told her to ignore the golden and silvery packages and go straight for the yellow one, and GBA.

Afterwards, I'm kinda glad we picked Yellow and not G/S. I think I wouldn't have appreciated 1stGen as much then :3

Cid

Years
    The first ever game I played was Pokémon Gold.

I used to remember it was Pokémon Yellow, turns out I just watched and played little parts (I was too young back then) and that obviously doesn't count.

Ciervo Volante

Say WHAAAT?
    Years
    Silver way back in.... 2002. That's not that long ago, honestly. XP

Man I played the CRAP out of that thing. I almost cried when I thought I lost my save. I was all "CINDERS NOOOOO!! ;o;" (Cinders was the name of my cyndaquil. XD)

Lady Missie

Aspiring Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    Pokemon red was my first game. I remember being so happy when we went to Wal-marts to get it. Now even now I have a special place for the first generation.

PokéMartin

The Lonesome Drifter
    Years
    Red was the first game I played. A friend and I went to town together the day Reb/Blue came out. I got Red, he got Blue.
    Good memories!

Sunyshore

=^-^=
    Years
    Iirc, my cousin's Blue when I was five or six. I really loved the game and Pokémon, so they bought me Red - my first Pokémon game.

HiroUey

Pokemon Master of Masters!
    Years
    Mine was Pokemon Blue, it was my first pokemon/gameboy game, also with my first gameboy, the Atomic Purple one both for my birthday!

wnxvale

Lugia...Aeroblast!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    red was the first i ever played and that was like when i was 7. I even remember the elite 4 champ/rival battle. i had a 60 somethin charizard, no moves left except cut, all my other pokemon fainted and his blastoise was ever so close to dying. he used hydro pump, it missed and then i sealed the deal with a cut and won...never was i so happy xD

Chimpoleon

CAUTION! Roadblock Ahead...
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2010
    Red. found it in my grandma's random stuff drawer back in '99. i don't remember if i had lost it, or bought it and forgot about it. i never beat it though, only got to the 6th gym, then lost it...again, possibly.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    My first pokemon game i plyed was the Blue version i got to the end of the game but i coulden't beat Gary and then i lost it or something.

Terminator

Destiny is the only motivation
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2014
    aahh good times pkmn blue :] with starter charmander. Good old days when color used to change when u moved from town to town.

The Red Chain

Hmm.. My memory is very hazy.. but I believe it was Pokemon Red.
    Charmander for the win. :'D

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Hmmm, good times. Emerald was the first game I ever played from then on I was hypnotized by Pokemon Gaming!!!

Back