• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Pokémon game you played?

What was the first Pokemon game you played?

• Red/Blue

Votes: 220 53.5%
  • Yellow

Votes: 60 14.6%
  • Gold/silver

Votes: 54 13.1%
  • Crystal

Votes: 18 4.4%
  • Ruby/Sapphire

Votes: 29 7.1%
  • Fire Red/Leaf Green

Votes: 12 2.9%
  • Emerald

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • Diamond/Pearl

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Platinum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon - Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Pokemon - Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darkness

• Pokemon Ranger

• Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia

• Total voters

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    That is easy, my 1st game I ever got...Sapphire!

Simplicity

~♥~
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2019
    The first Pokemon game I ever played was Crystal. Then, because I enjoyed playing it, I got Sapphire. I never really wanted to get the ones before that because you couldn't be a girl. >: I prefer the spin-off games, now. I've got PMD2 and PR2.

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
  • I remember my first Pokémon game being Yellow version with the special edition Pikachu Game Boy, and I played it a bunch alongside Unreal Tournament. :cool: I got it for Christmas of '99.

I lost that Game Boy. :( I'll probably grab another one off of eBay for nostalgia. I'll probably wind up playing that more than my DS and my 360 combined. :D

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Pokemon Red and then Yellow. I fell in love with the series from there.

Also you are missing Snap/Stadium/XD and Collesium/ TCG

Last edited:

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
  • Oh my, it was so long ago! I was born before the show even started. ^_^ My first game ever was Red version, and I remember getting stuck in Viridian Forest because I thought the exit was a wall.

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
  • Blue version was the first Pokemon game I played. I remember buying it and constantly trying to figure out how to get past the old man in Viridian! I think I got Blue version when I was five years old, and it was my second Gameboy game.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
  • I remember seeing this older guy I admired playing Pokemon Blue, except I had no idea how he turned into a Pokemon while "walking". Obviously, he was surfing xD
    Well, first version I played was Blue.
    <3

Ash987

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • My first Pokemon game was really the Trading Card Game Game (yes I mean to say game twice). I bought it when I was 7 because I thought it was a proper game because my cousin had blue. I couldn't do the tutorial because you had to do exactly as they say and I didn't know, I have up on it. But my first real game was Silver.

Years
  • My friend's Pokemon Gold but the first time I played a pokemon game completely (from starter to the ending credits) was my Pokemon Sapphire. Ended up getting a complete pokedex (legit) until some kid borrowed it and saved a file over it. He didn't even know how to save it, so I was really annoyed. I'm over Sapphire now. Gonna play the classics before Platinum comes to Australia.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • My first game was blue. I got it from my bigbrothers friend... Or someone... It was emulatorgame. I had computer when I was little so I had every pokemon games on my computer. (Red\Blue-Ruby\Sapphire.) Now I have emerald, diamond and pearl too

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    To tell you the truth--it was Pokemon Crater, but that isn't in the choices is it?

Sapphire was the first after Crater. It was my neighbors and I started borrowing it until I got my own (AND until he got irritated.). Thus leading me to THESE.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    First one I played was Ruby/Sapphire.
    I didn't have access to the GBC games at the time and Sapphire was new when I got it.
    My actual first game was Pokemon Snap, though.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    The first game I played was Pokemon FireRed, mostly because of Charizard's coolness factor.

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • The first game with the name "Pokémon" I ever played was Pokémon Stadium, but as it wasn't an option, my first game is PMD: Blue Rescue Team :laugh: Why? It came in the mail before my Diamond did ^-^

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
  • Now that I think about it, I can't exactly remember the first game I ever played. All I remember is that it was a first generation game and I got Yellow and Blue on the same day (Christmas). Man... Was it really that long ago? How time flies.

Back