• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Pokémon game you played?

What was the first Pokemon game you played?

• Red/Blue

Votes: 220 53.5%
  • Yellow

Votes: 60 14.6%
  • Gold/silver

Votes: 54 13.1%
  • Crystal

Votes: 18 4.4%
  • Ruby/Sapphire

Votes: 29 7.1%
  • Fire Red/Leaf Green

Votes: 12 2.9%
  • Emerald

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • Diamond/Pearl

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Platinum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon - Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Pokemon - Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darkness

• Pokemon Ranger

• Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2012
    My first pokemon game i ever played was pokemon blue.

My first pokemon game i played was pokemon blue.

Last edited:

Aitania

overwhelming c u t e n e s s!
    Years
  • Hm.. The one I played isn't on the poll : /...
    I played the Japanese Green version.. Basically the very first version nwn!

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2009
    I played Red first, but then didn't really understand pokemon. So, Ruby was really the game that got me hooked.

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
  • I am proud to say Pokemon Red. I had been watching the anime for a few months, now (first episode was the one in the Pokemon Tower), and my parents got me Gameboy Color and Pokemon Red for my sixth birthday. My very first Pokemon was Squirtle, and it was my very first videogame. Unfortunately, it doesn't work anymore for some reason. At least I still have Blue and Yellow. :)

Megaera

stop calling me d:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 30, 2015
    I played red since I was just five It was my first pokemon game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2011
    Pokemon Blue version, I chose Squirtle. then i realized i didn't have to choose the one that was on the games covoer and chose chharmander. I miss him, last time i had him he was Lv. 83 Had Dragon Rage, Flamethrower, Earthquake, Hyperbeam.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
  • The first game I played was my cousin's red version for a couple days, but we were on vacation. The first one I really played was gold, and I started with a totodile. Unfortunately, like most people who first pick up pokemon, my starter was the only one I trained, and he was around level 90 before I traded him to my crystal to get the other starters.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I can happily hold my head high and say Blue (though I like Red more =()
    Ah, the good ol' days XD
    Also, my first starter was Charmander mainly because I hated the others (well, maybe not Squirtle....Turtles FTW! XD)

蜃気楼

Jirachi Fan
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    I started with Pokemon Emerald, the fan translated ROM version. Then I tried Ruby, Sapphire, Crystal, Red, Blue, because I started playing Pokemon when I was grade 4(between 2003 to 2004)

Ceilidh

<3
    Years
  • It was pokemon blue :)

I only just got into the TV show, I didn't even know it was based off a game =)) I thought the game was based off the TV show... I was a poke n00b then =))

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    My first was Yellow. For some reason, when Pokemon first came out, I hated it. The next year (after the "fad" died at my school), my cousin let me play his Yellow version. After that, I was pretty much hooked on Pokemon. Funny thing is, my cousin no longer likes Pokemon.

Years
  • Pokemon Red, with my Charmander :D I was only 5 when I first played, it was really fun (at that age), but IT STILL IS:D I'll never forget that moment ever.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I remember it like it was almost yesterday. lol I had a fun time playing my red version at my local community park on the playground! lol I remember a group of kids watching me with excitement and they were going to get the pokemon game the next day. Yup good times! :)

xiraiya

Future Sinnoh Champion
    Years
  • My cousin who's 2 years older than me was really into Pokemon when he was 9 or 10, one of his friends who later became one of my best friends had Pokemon Blue on Gameboy Pocket, I was never really into Pokemon at all, I never even liked the Anime that much, but I played it and fell in love with the game when everyone was losing interest, I borrowed it off him for like 6 months and eventually G/S came out and silver became my first actually owned Pokemon game.

I was pretty bad at the game back then, Charmelion evolved into Charizard when I was on the SS. Anne and all my other pokemon were under level 10 haha.

Back