• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Pokémon game you played?

What was the first Pokemon game you played?

• Red/Blue

Votes: 220 53.5%
  • Yellow

Votes: 60 14.6%
  • Gold/silver

Votes: 54 13.1%
  • Crystal

Votes: 18 4.4%
  • Ruby/Sapphire

Votes: 29 7.1%
  • Fire Red/Leaf Green

Votes: 12 2.9%
  • Emerald

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • Diamond/Pearl

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Platinum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon - Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Pokemon - Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darkness

• Pokemon Ranger

• Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia

• Total voters
    Years
    Think my first ever was Red..(or maybe it was Yellow?)Good times, good times...
    For mai DS...
    even though Pokemon Ranger was my first ever DS game I got, I decided not to play it and exchanged for FireRed, it wasn't until after a few months after I finished FireRed, Sapphire, and Mystery Dungeon, did I buy Pokemon Ranger back...xD, bit ironic..in a way...xD

DarkAkatsuki

Into the night~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 3, 2010
    My first pokemon game was pokemon emerald; That was the time when I got my first gba SP.

War Flame

Burning Ninja
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2009
    First game I played was Pokemon Sapphire actually.. I wish I never got rid of it now. XD

Jumpluff

I make the Rules, You follow.
    Years
    I only had Pokemon Blue as my first and my friend in my street gave me Pokemon Gold but the save didn't work. xD

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2009
    Pokemon Blue on my Game Boy Pocket..a year later I got a Game Boy Color with Pokemon Yellow, then Silver in Japanese and THEN GOLD! (I love Gold *-*) and then 5 years later, Pokemon Ruby for my Game Boy Advanced then SP. After that got Pokemon Emerald, but my 9 year old Cousin started cloning red candies and leveled most of my pokemon to lvl 100 without training EV's

haha

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    I got Blue and a GameBoy Colour for Christmas the year they came out. My cousin traded me a Meowth and a Bellsprout, and I chose Charmander for my starter. By the time I got to the Elite Four, I had Persian, Charizard, Victreebel, Lapras, Raichu and Alakazam, all around level 80 (I was really hot on training up). The team got changed when I caught Mewtwo and my friend cloned her Mew, then it was Persian, Charizard, Victreebel, Lapras, Mew and Mewtwo.

I've still got them all saved on my Blue game!

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Pokémon Red. I got it from some guy who had a crush on me, knew I loved Pokémon, and tried to impress me. It didn't work, but, hey, I got a free game. XP

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    My first game was Red, which I got as a present from my aunt on my eighth birthday. I absolutely failed at Pokemon back then, and only trained my Charizard. :D Good times.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 26, 2011
    My first game was silver, back then I was seven and I only watched the anime, I didn't even knew there were games about Pokemon, heck I didn't even know what a video game was, then my cousin gave me this game and I grew obsessed

ISa56

-Soul Silver? HECK YES!
    Years
    My first Pokemon Game was a Pokemon Yellow that someone let me have for while. Ah, when I thought Pikachu was the toughest.....I could get all the starters easily.......gitches galore.....Pokemon was so simple back in 1st Gen.....

star88

colour blind artist [no joke]
    Years
    my first game was sapphire. i came across it by chance whilst looking for a game to take up hellvellen so i wouldn't be bored when my parents were diving[ i wasn't qualified then so couldn't go with them]. i have been hooked ever since.

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    It was pokemon red with the old gameboy color. Way back in the day when pokemon had just been made and there was only 151 pokes.

I <3 Trey
    Years
    pokemon red all the way. i was like 8 years olds too. 12 years later, im still playing it. hahahhahahahha

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Blue, a long long time ago :3

( like, I was the first kid in my town to get it, because my and my mom and just watched them open the crate to put them into the display case DX )

Mezase Master

I wish I had pants.
    Years
    Me and my brother got Red and Blue, respectively, on the day it was released. However, not too far after playing into Red, I wanted Blue instead, so we switched versions.

Kudra

IV breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2013
    I got Red for christmas on the year it came out. I've played ever since.

Back