• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen first pokemond adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I started with Pokemon Yellow back in the days when GBC was the most advanced handheld console around and I was so proud when I figured out how to get into Saffron City since I was 7 years old

Years
    My first adventure was awesome, i started in kanto on pokemon yellow, my adventure was going along perfect until i reached brock, lol
    i didn't know electric didn't affect ground, and i didn't know that you could catch other pokes using poke balls that you bought

Ayselipera

I started on Silver and I had no idea what I was doing. Plus I had just learned how to read so I pronounced every city, pokemon, and item wrong which I believed were the right names till a couple years ago. I ended up going to the game corner in Goldenrod and I bought a Dratini. After that I trained it till it evolved into Dragonite, and deafeated the Pokemon League with terrible pokemon besides my Dragonite. Honestly if I never got that Dratini, it would have been years till I deafeated the game. I had no clue what was going on.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    I was about six when I played Pokemon Blue for the very first time (such a YOUNG age and such a long time ago). I got Bulbasaur as my beginner as I remember. The greatest part is that I didn't know how to catch pokemon so I played with just Bulbasaur the whole game. I can't remember if I got all my badges though or not. I'm pretty sure one of my cousins reset the game and by the time I started a new game I figured out how to throw pokeballs. Either way, I remember beating both red and blue numerous times once I turned around 7 and learned how to read.

cerulean15

♫Mysterious Melody♪
    Years
    My first adventure was in Johto on Pokemon Silver back when I received the game one Christmas when I was 4 or 5 I believe...I chose Totodile as my starter because I was loving the lil dude after I saw him for the first time since Johto had just recently appeared in America that October. I remember always asking my mom to read things since I was still learning how to read =/ she started to become with annoyed with it most of the time since she couldn't pronouce the Pokemon names. Boy I was glad I learned how to read. Another thing was that I never knew the save feature....it took me atleast about two months before I actually learned that I could save the game, so every time I started the game over you can probably guess my favorite question. (hint: what does the mom on the game always ask you)

"Mommy, what time is it?"

Dirtyjerry

TJ Kitchen
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    my uncle gave me blue version after the game was already beaten. the pokemon world seemed so vast to my 5 year old mind. it was great.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Dont remember the exact details since my memory does get a bit fuzzy after stuff that has happend 10 years ago. But I was playing Pokemon Red in Kanto of course and I choose Bulbasuar and the first Pokemon I caught was a Pidgey

:t354:TG

mama luigi

It's freakin' Mama Luigi!
    Years
    my first andventure was on Kanto.Lol I called Lavender town ,,Ant town"
    because the music (pitt patt pitt patt)XD my first adventure....Oh,boy! They were good times....my big brother loved pokémon... now he always just playing World of Warcraft... They could release World of Pokémon or World of Mario.. That would be awesome..
    anyways,I don't know what pokémon I started with,but my big brother said I should choose squirtle.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    First game was Red, well me and my two older brothers shared Red and Blue, so we kind of played together, dunno how that ever worked, I would mainly just watch them. When I got it for myself though, I pretty much at no problems with it, I had seen the anime quite a bit so it was simple to figure out how to go about the catching and such of pokemon, though I was surprised the first time trying to catch a pokemon because in the anime they fainted the damn thing then tried to catch it, somehow, that wasn't quite the case in the game...

Xarses

Whippersnapper
    Years
    My uncle has come over from the Netherlands on summer to stay with us for a couple of months and he asked if I wanted him to buy me something. I told him that the only thing I wanted was a Blue GameBoy Color and Pokemon Blue. I got those, chose Charmander as my first starter. I would run up to a friend of mine EVERY time I saw a new Pokemon... Every time...

I also DO remember that Brock's Onix with a Pidgey's Gust; took a while...

Leyt

Absolution
    Years
    I started with Red/Blue/Yellow. And that's pretty much all I remember. I was extremely young, so I remember nothing about the time. Obviously I enjoyed myself, because I'm again playing the games years later. I recall lounging around on my living room couch with my GameBoy in hand, enjoying my Pokemon game. Those times were good. It's a shame how things have changed so much.

Damn.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I played red for the first time(on an emulator). I was in love with pokemon at that time and thus was searching for pokemon games very badly but couldn't find one for PC(no game made so its obvious I couldn't find it!). One day my dad brought a cd which had a red rom and an old GB emulator. I really didn't knew about emulation at that point and was very happy that I could play a pokemon game at last. I played it till (almost) the end (victory road) but then I accidentaly erased my save! But the moral of the story is that I throughly enjoyed playing pokemon red!!

Stan the man

A true gentleman
    Years
    i started with the pokemon card game XD bad time no matter how hard we tried we couldent beat the guy who teachs you how to play after that i got pokemon blue (i wanted pokemon yellow) and started with squrtall my first pokemon i caught was a catterpie i never read i word of it (i was 5) but i had watched the show so much that i just kind of knew i was able to solve stuff that now would take me a hole day then i got pokemon silver i started with cynderquil i bet the rivial and saw mr oak (all ways called him that) but i never thought to go back to were i got my pokemon so yeah i had a level 56 typhoshin in the first town i restarted my game and easly figured it out ( i was so ticked off with my self) then i got ruby started with mudkip then dimond now pokemon battle revolution.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    i started with the pokemon card game XD bad time no matter how hard we tried we couldent beat the guy who teachs you how to play after that i got pokemon blue (i wanted pokemon yellow) and started with squrtall my first pokemon i caught was a catterpie i never read i word of it (i was 5) but i had watched the show so much that i just kind of knew i was able to solve stuff that now would take me a hole day then i got pokemon silver i started with cynderquil i bet the rivial and saw mr oak (all ways called him that) but i never thought to go back to were i got my pokemon so yeah i had a level 56 typhoshin in the first town i restarted my game and easly figured it out ( i was so ticked off with my self) then i got ruby started with mudkip then dimond now pokemon battle revolution.

Can you please explain what you said in simple english? Your answer doesn't have any kind of grammar. Please write it so that someone can understand.

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
    I can only remember bits or pieces but here goes.

My first adventure took place in Kanto where I was real excited to get started (No doubt I'll get a similar feeling when I get Soul Silver), since I had Yellow I could only start with Pikachu to my surprise and slight disappointment (I didn't choose which version I got, it was a present), so he was my main up until Brock, where I was totally wiped out for obvious reasons.

This is where it gets blurry...

I somehow remember beating Brock's Onix with a level 2-4 Caterpie while spamming String Shot and Tackle, I just remember Onix being in red and then fainting and I almost literally lept up in joy.

Life was so simple back then...

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years
    I was 9 years old...and I got 3 game boy games for my birthday alongside clothing and some other toys. I had a gameboy pocket and Gameboy color at the time, and I was curious when I saw the game...recognizing it because of a well known tv show.

It was Pokemon: Red Version. My adventure started with a Charmander....and ended with Save at the pokemon League hall of fame.

ChibiWish

芸術家の心~
    Years
    A young child around the age of six just got three games that was about to change her life. She got her little green friend that she took everywhere she went and stuck it's forehead a yellow square. She started to get excited as she knew the world she was about to enter was like no other. She was surprised when a little man came on her screen and told her about this new world she was about to visit for a short time. The man asked her what her name was and she replied "ChibiWish, but you can call me Chibi." Then Chibi had to tell the man the name of her friend. Chibi replied "His name is Green" as she wanted him to know who she was talking about. As the man left Chibi felt so excited she could hardly contain herself. Chibi was set into a house with a TV and game player. Chibi wistfully made her way down stairs and out the door. Chibi made a B line right for the grass before the man who asked her questions stopped her. A wild Pikachu attacked! The man caught it and took Chibi, along with the Pikachu, to a lab. There she was given the Pikachu. The man, who now Chibi knew as Professor Oak, told her to give it a name. She decided to name it Sparks since he had such an electrifying personality. Chibi took her new friend and went on her way to a world of excitement and waiting just for her just beyond the horizon.

That Isn't my whole adventure, just the very beginning.
    Sparks is in fact my very first Pokemon I ever owned. I really miss him though since I lost the game he was in.

Pokemon Ranger of Almia

Thats Red... Your off!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2009
    Pokemon Blue. Good Times. I started with Bulbasaur and really loved it. Later on though, I started to hate it! That thing always seemed to faint after the second gym. So I started again, and chose Charmander, knowing full well, that I would have trouble with the first gym. I, however defeated Brock and after that began to enjoy the game. For Misty, I caught, either Bellsprout, or Oddish: Whatever one it was : and defeated Misty after a bit of training at the cape. The rest in history.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2012
    I never actually owned my first pokemon game. XD. My neighbor got pokemon silver for her bday but didn't like it so didn't play. I didn't have a gameboy so I asked if I could play her silver game. She said sure. So everyday I would sneak into her house and play silver for hours at a time, sometimes scaring her cause I would be randomly in her room and she didn't notice. haha. those were the days. My starter was cyndaquil. (of course! I'm a cynda fan :]) My first caught pokemon was sentret, another favorite. I remember fighting all the gyms and catching lugia. I remember failing to beat (oh i forget his name, i think he had psychics?) millions of times and starting over til I finally rocked him. :DDD After playing silver then I went back and played blue and yellow, kinda random. ha. ohh gosh i love g/s/c so much.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back