• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Shiny

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • My first shiny was a Whismur in Ruby. :) I didn't know what a shiny was, and I thought he had a disease actually. So I caught him in the hopes I could make him better. But I was afraid to evolve him. Anyway, he's the only shiny I no longer have now. I miss him. I wish I remembered his name. ...That kinda takes away the fact that I miss him, doesn't it? lol

Years
  • The first shiny i met was a Whismur. @.@
    Back then I didn't know what shinies are... I just noticed that it looks kinda diff and decided to catch it :3"
    Later on - after I knew what shinies are - I started to play Emerald and... the first Pokemon you encounter.. that Poochyena that attacks the profesor.. was a shiny D: and of course I couldnt catch it :~;
    Strange enough.... I met another one not too lon after and caught it.
    Then I didnt find any more shinies until years later all 3 in one month @.@ a Poliwag, Goldeen and Snorlax.

Years
  • My first and only shiny was in Diamond. I turned it on one day, was in Celestic town, went left to where all those fighting types were in the tall grass and the very first pokemon I encountered was a shiny Meditite. I caught it luckily and it's a female. My dream one day is to find a shiny Vulpix, Ninetails is my absolute favorite pokemon.

XJ55

My first shiny was a Spinda in Ruby :D It was in 2004 and I captured it just because I heard a strange sound at the beginning of the battle, bacause I was not seeing what was going on GBA. Now it is on my Pok?mon Black and is one of my favourite Pok?mon. It is UT too :D

Now I've got tons of Legit Shiny Pok?mon, some captured by me ( about 20), others traded.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • The first shiny I ever got, other than the red Gyarados, was a shiny Chinchou in Gold. I caught it fishing with a Super Rod at the Vermilion City Fast Ship port. This caused Chinchou and Lanturn to become among my favorite Pokemon, and I kept that Lanturn in my team until I lost my save file. :(

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I can't remember if my first Shiny was a Magnemite or an Absol in Pok?mon Ruby. I know it was either one of those, because I had caught them both. I didn't really know what a Shiny Pok?mon was at the time either, but I noticed ? more so Magnemite than Absol ? that they were a different color which I knew had to be rare. I had no idea that there was a 1 in 8000+ chance to find one of a different color.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • My first shiny was on my first playthrough of Pokemon Diamond. Knowing nothing of the game before-hand, I reached the Victory Road and found a Steelix. I thought to myself "Wow! You can catch a Steelix?!? I thought you could only get one through evolving." Naturally, I tried to catch it, and failed. I think i defeated it or ran. I can't really remember. Anyway, I said to myself that the next Steelix I find, I'm going to catch it. Suprisingly, it was shiny. I remember I got really excited, and it's kinda embarassing. XD Anyway, I caught it, luckily. It is probably my favourite shiny Pokemonl what with it being gold and my first. Sadly, I lost my Pokemon Diamond with the Steelix on. D: R.I.P shiny Steelix. :(

Last edited:

lemonfreak

the golden caterpie
    Years
  • I caught my first shiny yesterday ^.^ I was in the bug catching contest in heartgold, and a shiny caterpie appeared, It made me lose, but it was worth it. she's currently a metapod named gold, chilling in her very own box in the PC.

Hydreizard

Seasoned Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    My first shiny was in FireRed. I was in the basement of the mansion on Cinnabar Island I found a shiny Ditto! I was using Charizard and so I was seeing a black Charizard! But, I had no pokeballs... :'( So much sadness. After I learned about the chances of a shiny, I never forgot that Ditto... so much rage sadness! :'(

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2016
    First Shiny

When searching for Suicune and realizing I'm an idiot for not realizing that it's located at Route 42 on Heart Gold.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • ^^ lol, anyways my first shiny was playing ruby, just strolling through the path under the cycling road and a blue electrike appeared! :O

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2014
    My first Shiny was actually last year in Pokemon Emerald, despite playing Pokemon for at least 4 years. It was a Shiny Aron caught in that dark cave on Dewford.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2020
    I've been playing since red/blue, and I didn't catch one until Diamond, but when I did, it was awesome.

Golden Floatzel!! I was so excited.

I already was using a Floatzel in my team, so um yes I wanted that shiny Floatzel. Thats the only naturally shiny pokemon I've ever encountered in.... about 12/13 years. It's not like I played pokemon all the time during those years, on and off.

Years
  • My first shiny was a Gentle tentacool in pokemon Ruby while i was surfing. I didnt know anything about them at that time, so the discoloration made me go "whaaat?". Thank god, that change in color was the reason i caught it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2012
    My first shiny was Kyogre but i thought my game was broken and turned it off D': but the first i caught was a wishmur

H i l d a

S p r i t e r
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    I've only ever found one shiny Pokémon. I was just walking down the route after Pallet Town in FireRed, and all of a sudden... SHINY PIDGEY. I got super excited, and went to find a Pokéball to catch it, but I had none. D:

Back