• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First time Showdowner(?)

Years
    Okay guys I made a Showdown account recently, like half hour ago recently, and needs some help with things. If you'd like to help me with any of my questions I'm also dizzyshot on Showdown. Thanks for any and all help as well as loving the opinions.
    1st = What does PU abbreviated for in Showdown?
    2nd = What would you guys recommend to round out my team I have set up. (Team list posted below.)
    3rd = How is a battle started between people and how does it work?

Team:
    Togekiss
    Aggron
    Infernape
    Sharpedo
    Flygon
    ?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    1) PU is one of the tiers that Showdown uses. Supposedly it means either "Partially Used" or "Poorly Used", though I've never heard a definitive answer.

2) Just looking at your team list, you might wanna add in a Rapid Spinner/Defogger in order to deal with entry hazards. Also....what tier were you planning on using this team in? It would fit comfortably in UU, but Togekiss is BL, which bars it from being used in UU battles (and idk if you wanna use this team in OU or not). We might be able to help you more if you post the full sets that each Pokemon is using.

3) There's a "Look for a battle" button in the top left corner of the screen. Select the tier/format you wanna battle in (OU, UU, Doubles, etc), then select the team that you're going to use, then hit that button. You should be paired up with someone in a few seconds. The rest should be easy to figure out.

If ya got more questions, feel free to ask.

Years
    Okay thanks for the help. As I was looking at the majority of my team I decided to go for a Speed team and so have made edits to better go for that idea.

Team:

Heliolisk
    Lucario
    Infernape
    Noivern
    Flygon
    Milotic

Is what the team currently stands at. UU sounds like a good tier to start in. Maybe I should make teams for each tier or something like that...

Something that just came up in my head, I found that the levels of Pokemon can be changed. Is their a certain level I should put each Pokemon at?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    Something that just came up in my head, I found that the levels of Pokemon can be changed. Is their a certain level I should put each Pokemon at?

I've only seen non-level 100 Pokemon in random battles, which have no level 100's, so you definitely want to keep them at level 100.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024

Unless you're playing Little Cup, you should just leave your Pokemon at level 100. Otherwise, you would be at a disadvantage.

Back