• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] First timing using Pokemon Game Editor and I always get errors.

Years
    • Age 23
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 27, 2020
    Hey! I'm completely new to rom hacking and I'm trying to figure it out. I'm trying to use Pokemon Game editor, but everything I do makes an error appear. The most common error is this one.
    First timing using Pokemon Game Editor and I always get errors.

I'm using a fire red rom I downloaded and didn't do anything to besides unzip to get the GBA file, so I don't know why I keep getting this error.

Years

• I would say there is definitely something wrong with the .ini. Download PGE from the official site or change your ROM (if you are using v1.1, use v1.0 instead).

Here Is The Site I Get My Roms From: <sniped>

Distribution of any commercial ROM is not allowed on PC. Please refrain from doing so, as it can result in a ban. I would recommend that you delete this reply.

Years
    • Age 23
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 27, 2020
    I would say there is definitely something wrong with the .ini. Download PGE from the official site or change your ROM (if you are using v1.1, use v1.0 instead).
    I did both of these and it all seems to be working now! Thanks for your help!

Back