• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fitbit will soon no longer let you transfer music from your PC

Years
    So soon you'll be unable to transfer music from your PC if you're using a FitBit.

Users of Fitbit Versa, Versa 2, or Ionic, will soon no longer be able to transfer music from your computer to your Fitbit device. Fitbit says it's discontinuing its Fitbit Connect app, leaving you with only two ways to download music to your device: a paid subscription to either Pandora or Deezer.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/8/6/2...ic-transfers-pcs-and-macs-connect-versa-ionic

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2251.htm

So is this a deal breaker for you? Will you use Pandora or Deezer instead?

Years
    tbh i had no idea you could store music to fitbit, so that's probably why it's getting discontinued. little known feature

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I'm seeing that it's more a discontinuation of support in older models as they've done away with it already for newer onea, but... having had a Fitbit for a few years I was always kind of confused about the idea of playing music from it- it's so much easier to do so from your phone, and who goes out without theirs nowadays? It's gross that they're very obviously trying to squeeze more money out of the people that had been using such features, though. I'm very against everything being a subscription service these days. Also weird to me that it's Pandora and Deezer of all services- FitBit is owned by Google, I would expect that they would aim for people to use YouTube Music. Then again, says my unflattering opinions on large companies and late stage capitalism, the point may be to pull revenue from more diverse places- I'm sure a huge chunk of people already pay for YouTube Music because iirc it goes hand in hand with YouTube Red or whatever they call it these days (Google stop rebranding things challenge). I assume Google/Fitbit takes some kind of cut from these other services somehow, but I don't know enough about that to say much.

Back