• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Fixed name for Player and Rival

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    As the title suggests, is there a way I can fix the player and rival names to something of my choice. I've looked around and the closest I could find is naming the rival in the Overworld.

Apologies if this seems like a repeated question, am a newb at rom hacking.

PankajBlitz

Taiyoh!
    Years
    Hey it requires hex editing or Download Lock Smith Army's ITE.

Rival uses First name.
    For Player change all the name to same.

To Mugdh

If you dont know something please do not reply and use VM or PM to ask someone.

Sorry MODs I believe it is the correct thing.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2024
    As the title suggests, is there a way I can fix the player and rival names to something of my choice. I've looked around and the closest I could find is naming the rival in the Overworld.

Apologies if this seems like a repeated question, am a newb at rom hacking.

There's a few ASM routines that do the trick for skipping the naming of the player.
    Static Name for Player
    Trainer ID and Secret ID

But if you skip the whole intro, just use this.
    Then just write in the names in XSE, or any other script editor, in the message boxes.

I know Diegoisawesome's intro Editor let's you skip rival naming, and the offset for the name itself is at 0x1C5758 for FR, but I don't know the offset to disable it.
    Happy Hacking!

Back