• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Flaaffy HP 480 - card value

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2017
    Hi there- I came across a Flaaffy card (2011 43/95 rev holo) that has a HP marked 480. Every version of this card I can find online has HP 80.
    Is this card special(other than high HP) and of any actual value? Would appreciate any feedback.
    Thank you!

Years
    Hi there- I came across a Flaaffy card (2011 43/95 rev holo) that has a HP marked 480. Every version of this card I can find online has HP 80.
    Is this card special(other than high HP) and of any actual value? Would appreciate any feedback.
    Thank you!

Unfortunately, based on what you've described, what you've got is a counterfeit. If you post a picture as an attachment to your next post in this thread, I can tell you what makes it a counterfeit aside from the HP total.

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2017
    I figured it had to be a counterfit card. I just didnt look right . Here it is. Flaaffy HP 480 - card value

Years
    I figured it had to be a counterfit card. I just didnt look right . Here it is. View attachment 81488

There's quite a bit going on in there that makes it a counterfeit.

Here's a scan of the actual card to compare it with (there's a watermark on this scan for the site it's from):

Flaaffy HP 480 - card value

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2017
    also for future reference, to tell if a card is real or not, look at the corner edge of the card, there should be a very thin black line between the front sheet of cardstock the makes up the card and the back piece. That black line is a thin piece of carbon paper that is to expensive and time consuming to put into fake cards. Black line = real card, no black line = coaster for your drink

Years
    also for future reference, to tell if a card is real or not, look at the corner edge of the card, there should be a very thin black line between the front sheet of cardstock the makes up the card and the back piece. That black line is a thin piece of carbon paper that is to expensive and time consuming to put into fake cards. Black line = real card, no black line = coaster for your drink

There's a problem with this method, though. Most people aren't going to be able to spot that line for that specific layer of the card... definitely not a method to recommend to those unfamiliar with the cards.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2017
    I mean I disagree lol Its piece of white paper, thin black line, second piece of white paper. you are right, if the card is old and worn at the edges it can be hard to see but its also the easiest way to tell without a knowledge base of the card to look for errors.

Years
    I mean I disagree lol Its piece of white paper, thin black line, second piece of white paper. you are right, if the card is old and worn at the edges it can be hard to see but its also the easiest way to tell without a knowledge base of the card to look for errors.

I mean, I'm aware the layer is there and I'm looking at a card I pulled at a Sun & Moon prerelease and I can't see the layers unless it's practically in my eyeball, and even at that close, this reverse holo Decidueye I'm looking at just looks like two halves. Not everyone has sharp enough eyes to spot it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2017
    true i mean having a knowledge base of the cards isn't easy either. i mean they both have down sides. best thing is to just buy from a distributor

Back