• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[WORKING AS INTENDED] Flair Customisation

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
  • Hiya, so I wanted to ask about a specific issue I just noticed with my flair. In the preview, everything works as intended but in posts it doesn't so idk what's going on. Anyway,

I adjusted the element ordering so that my stats would appear on the left and the mini-bio to the right of that, and like I said, in the preview everything works fine. But in posts it reverts back to normal and I just cannot figure out why this is happening. The order property is obviously allowed else I wouldn't be able to save the flair, so why the change isn't carrying over is puzzling me to absolutely no end. I had to give up on how I did want to position them because a) position isn't allowed and b) I couldn't get the boxes to align properly anyway.

It's not a huge thing, since it doesn't look bad as it is, but if someone had a solution or info that'd be super ^^

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    test post with fiddling with order css.

edit - mine works the same way and i'm assuming that is intended functionality. only really obtrusive things that will askew the width or height of a post flair so things such as: display, fa animations, and absolute positioning will give you an error when saving. i don't think it would hurt anything but i think someone who has more experience with the new ui would be a better person to answer that.

Last edited:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • test post with fiddling with order css.

edit - mine works the same way and i'm assuming that is intended functionality. only really obtrusive things that will askew the width or height of a post flair so things such as: display, fa animations, and absolute positioning will give you an error when saving. i don't think it would hurt anything but i think someone who has more experience with the new ui would be a better person to answer that.

Yeah, I was playing around a lot with the possibilities, some were pretty funky and it's clear why they'd be disabled, but for the record, the position property is disabled completely, which is kinda annoying since position: relative; would allow for some really smooth designs. I would have loved to have the stats and minibio on top of one another for example, as opposed to next to one another, but that's sadly not possible with positioning disabled completely. But to not be able to change the ordering either is rather limiting.

Maybe it could be made a supporter bonus that higher-tiers get access to greater flexibility with their designs, such as access to relative positioning. Obviously fixed, mixed and some absolute positioning should be disabled to stop people breaking threads, but it'd be nice to move stuff around in my flair to really make it unique. Idk, just a thought since I liked the idea of really making my flair my own.

Back