• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Flash Cartridge?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Ok. I have, like, never bought from an online site aside from the known-not-to-rip-you-off ones, like amazon. And, I have no knowledge of flash cartridges. So, I've got a question for you all:

What's the best cartridge that I could possibly get at a cheap price, and what is a reliable website that I can get it from?

Thankies much~

Edit: I would also like to be able to play it on my DS.

Last edited:

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • Ok. I have, like, never bought from an online site aside from the known-not-to-rip-you-off ones, like amazon. And, I have no knowledge of flash cartridges. So, I've got a question for you all:

What's the best cartridge that I could possibly get at a cheap price, and what is a reliable website that I can get it from?

Thankies much~

The best budget cards you can possibly get are either the Acekard 2 or the EDGE.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    it depends on what thing your playing it on.

GBA or DS?

i bought an EZ-FLASH IV for my GBA and it works fine.

Question answers itself.

Those Slot-1 flashcards will be able to play GBA ROMs, right? It'd kinda suck if they didn't. My goal here was to get a flashcard that I could play ShinyGold and my own hack on... >_<

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • The M3 is awesome for GBA
    The R4 is awesome for DS/Lite
    I think there isn't one on the market yet for DSi...I think they are developing it though.

Superkid11

Covered in Shroomish
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 2, 2016
    If it's a GBA Rom then get a GBA cart. It should still work in a DS as long as it has a GBA slot shouldn't it?

Years
  • Ok. I have, like, never bought from an online site aside from the known-not-to-rip-you-off ones, like amazon. And, I have no knowledge of flash cartridges. So, I've got a question for you all:

Thankies much~

back to where you buy from i got mine from bamboogaming. they were reliable +cheap but i live in AUS so i dont know where they ship to...

Eon-Rider

Years
  • Question answers itself.

Those Slot-1 flashcards will be able to play GBA ROMs, right? It'd kinda suck if they didn't. My goal here was to get a flashcard that I could play ShinyGold and my own hack on... >_<
    No they don't. If you want to do that, either get a slot-2 flashcart or an expansion pack. Since it seems you're looking for something cheap, your best bet is to get an EZ Flash 3-in-1. It doesn't work without a slot-1 flashcart though.
    The M3 is awesome for GBA
    The R4 is awesome for DS/Lite
    I think there isn't one on the market yet for DSi...I think they are developing it though.
    It's decent but not awesome. It was awesome back in 2006 because of its advanced features compared to other flashcarts of the time but now it's completely dead and other flash carts have surpassed it.

There has been a flashcart for the DSi that's been out for about a week now called Acekard 2i.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Okay, then. So I'd need to get both a slot-1 card and a slot-2 card?

Haha, I guess being cheap is going down the drain. ^^

Superkid11

Covered in Shroomish
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 2, 2016
    Nah, I'm fairly sure you'll only need a slot-2 since you're playing a GBA game and not a DS game on a Slot-2 cart.

Acronell

www.poilkjmn.info
    Years
  • Go with the eLink, it allows you to play GB/GBC/GBA/NES games, as well as allow you to put text files onto it as well.

The 512Mb that works with the GBA/DS: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10369

The 1Gb that works with the GBA/DS: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13363

The 1Gb that works with the DS Lite: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10529

I've owned all of these and that have yet to break or stop working on me.

They're all fairly cheap for what they can do. And are all slot 2 cards, they DO NOT need a slot 1 card in order to work, just plug n' play.

Last edited:

finleymon3000

i liek mudkipz and darkness
    Years
  • The Acekard R.P.G. is a good choice, with it's built in 8gb memory and that. The Acekard 2i is the only flash cart fully compatible with both the DSi and the NDSL at this time, so I'd recommend it if you plan on getting a DSi.

The Supercard DS ONE is also pretty nice, as it has real time save + not that laggy at all.

The one I'd definitely not recommend is the R4. There's a lot of fake copies of it flying around, which can harm your DS and your micro SD card. It's not really that good, either, as only 2gb micro sd's and below are compatible. Not ideal if you plan on storing a lot of ROMs.

Eon-Rider

Years
  • Actually there are 3 working flashcarts for the DSi; Acekard 2i, DSTTi and the more recent EZ-Flash Vi.

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
    Years
  • Currently the best Flashcard you can get is the CycloDS Evolution, which supports realtime save, ingame menu as well as battery saver, Wii connectivity and other nice goddies I can't think of.

It is quite pricey, but if you were to buy it you won't be disappointed.

The next best cards are the Acekard 2.1, EDGE, Acekard2i and M3 Simply (I think), Acekard 2.1/i have a great third party firmware team, cheap prices, nice menu as well as having some of the features of the CycloDS minus stuff like realtime save.

The Acekard2i is the first flashcard to work on the Nintendo DSi, it has the same functions as the 2.1 version.

The EDGE is clone card f the CycloDS Evolution with less features and I haven't bothered to do research on the M3.

If you want my opinion, if you only want to play games, then get the Acekard 2.1 or 2i (if you are getting a Nintendo DSi) as it has great features and an alright build for $12 dollers, but if you want the best and don't care about prices, then get the CycloDS Evolution.

Be sure if you want to play GBA games, then get the EZ Flash 3 in 1 Expansion Pack with the flashcard of your choice and DON'T FORGET A MICROSD CARD lol, all of this can be found on DealExtreme.

Oh and never EVER get the R4, not only is the firmware team dead, but none of the cards supports SDHC MicroSD and of course there are many fakes running around.

Eon-Rider

Years
  • The next best cards are the Acekard 2.1, EDGE, Acekard2i and M3 Simply (I think), Acekard 2.1/i have a great third party firmware team, cheap prices, nice menu as well as having some of the features of the CycloDS minus stuff like realtime save.

I'm sure you mean M3 Real DS. The M3 Simply DS is simply a rebranded R4DS. The M3 Real DS is better because of M3 Sakura but now all other flashcarts are catching up the "Sakura" standard with the recent release of Moonshell 2.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    Go with the eLink, it allows you to play GB/GBC/GBA/NES games, as well as allow you to put text files onto it as well.

The 512Mb that works with the GBA/DS: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10369

The 1Gb that works with the GBA/DS: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13363

The 1Gb that works with the DS Lite: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10529

I've owned all of these and that have yet to break or stop working on me.

They're all fairly cheap for what they can do. And are all slot 2 cards, they DO NOT need a slot 1 card in order to work, just plug n' play.

Do you have a place that doesn't use PayPal because PayPal won't accept my visa gift card. It just frustrates me.

Back