• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Flying Press?

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2016
    I'm adding all the 6 gen. Pokémon to my game, and i'm near Hawlucha, and i was wondering how to implement Flying Press.

If you don't know what Flying Press is, it's a fighting type move which the damage dealt is a combination of Fighting and Flying types.

I was thinking of creating a new type just for this move and adding to all the others types the respective weakness/resistance, but then Hawlucha wouldn't receive the STAB from it.

TL;DR (although it's not a long text): How do i add Flying Press to my game?

Years
  • I'm adding all the 6 gen. Pokémon to my game, and i'm near Hawlucha, and i was wondering how to implement Flying Press.

If you don't know what Flying Press is, it's a fighting type move which the damage dealt is a combination of Fighting and Flying types.

I was thinking of creating a new type just for this move and adding to all the others types the respective weakness/resistance, but then Hawlucha wouldn't receive the STAB from it.

TL;DR (although it's not a long text): How do i add Flying Press to my game?

You could just do what you said, and then add a new move effect that doesn't do anything
    Code:
    ################################################################################
    # No additional effect.
    ################################################################################
    class PokeBattle_Move_XXX < PokeBattle_Move #next available number
    end
    then just give it the multiplier
    Code:
    if @function==0xXXX && isConst?(attacker.species,PBSpecies,:HAWLUCHA) #XXX is function code
    basedmg*=(3/2)  #does Hawlucha get double STAB from it?
    end

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2016
    You could just do what you said, and then add a new move effect that doesn't do anything
    Code:
    # No additional effect.
    end
    Code:
    if @function==0xXXX && isConst?(attacker.species,PBSpecies,:HAWLUCHA) #XXX is function code
    end

Oh yeah, that makes sense xD i don't know how i missed that.

Thanks a lot! =)

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2015
    Code:
    # No additional effect.
    end
    Code:
    end

Where should I put this code?
    basedmg*=(3/2) #does Hawlucha get double STAB from it?
    end

In addition, If the target has used Minimize, Flying Press will never miss and its base power is doubled.
    How to deal with it?

Years
  • I'd put it in PokeBattle_Move under the Iron Fist section

For the minimize thing, add this to the move effect
    Code:
    def pbModifyDamage(damage,attacker,opponent)
        damage*=2 if opponent.effects[PBEffects::Minimize]
        return damage
      end
    I think there's other things flying press does, but I'm not too concerned tbh lol

Back