• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen "Follow Me" Feature

AngelFireWing

Princess of Heart
    Years
    I hope that they do keep it to where your pokemon follow you. It was an interesting concept when they first introduced in yellow version with pikachu following you and then to completely redo it so that any pokemon can follow you in HG/SS.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    Why not? I mean, so many people loved that feature, so why not add it again, except now with new Pokemon! It would be exciting. :)

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Yes finally its an option! I didnt see the scan on serebii, but I saw it on youtube and pokebeach. Im excited, I can have my awesome dragonair following me yay!

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    Now that the time has past as this thread was posted, we have seen two things:
    Firstly, we have seen the Celebi standing next to one player.
    Secondly, we have seen Zorua, a fifth generation Pokemon, standing next to the other one.
    As we have seen this, we assume that the following feature will return, and hopefully, it does, because I loved that feature, it was one of the best features in HG/SS, especially the Shiny Counterparts. :)

Kininja

Where is Wally?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2011
    I dont think there doing it again
    it took ages to do
    because HGSS was orginally for GBA but it took so long making the follow me feature it had to be moved to DS

And you havent seen any following pokemon yet
    in the screenshots

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I think the following feature is pretty cool, however I don't think it should be kept as a permanent feature. It's much better when it's re-introduced for a special occasion (Yellow being for the anime and HG/SS being for the 10th anniversary of G/S) because it makes it a bit more special and something to look forward to. Also, I know it'll be one of those features that will end up being useless if it's being used in every Pokemon game; so it's much safer to use it as a one-off feature to show Pokemon hasn't lost it's originality.

Yes finally its an option! I didnt see the scan on serebii, but I saw it on youtube and pokebeach. Im excited, I can have my awesome dragonair following me yay!
    Don't believe random rumors you hear over the internet - it's most likely that it's not a feature; however we're not sure until all the information is confirmed. So don't get your hopes up too quickly. ):

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2014
    I enjoyed it at first but after a while I wish they would of made it optional. So I hope they make it optional in pokemon W/B..........I doubt they will though, but hey that new 3-d pokemon battle system looks pretty koo....

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    i liked the follow me feature.
    who wouldn't want to walk around with a wailord just for the sheer awesomeness it has!

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    it took ages to do
    because HGSS was orginally for GBA but it took so long making the follow me feature it had to be moved to DS

Ah what ???...r u kidding me..It took 4 years to make HG/SS...and DS was there long before that..wonder who told you that

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I think the following feature is pretty cool, however I don't think it should be kept as a permanent feature. It's much better when it's re-introduced for a special occasion (Yellow being for the anime and HG/SS being for the 10th anniversary of G/S) because it makes it a bit more special and something to look forward to. Also, I know it'll be one of those features that will end up being useless if it's being used in every Pokemon game; so it's much safer to use it as a one-off feature to show Pokemon hasn't lost it's originality.

Dude as a point. As I said it was only a HGSS exclusive thing, this gives a reason to my point. Also, the part about it ending up being useless is valid also.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    But having Pokemon follow you makes it a lot more Pokemon-y. Otherwise you just have a bunch of people wandering around in the overworld; not a Pokemon in sight.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I just don't feel the same going into a game thinking that that specific feature will be gone... if it is gone then I wish they never did it in the first place.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    The "Follow Me" feature in HG/SS is one of the main reasons why I enjoy playing SS. It brings a bond between you and your Pokémon during the game play and it makes it more enjoyable.

I guess it would bother me a bit if this isn't integrated in B/W, but I can be cool with it, as long as it has new great features on the game. They should make this feature an option in B/W, not everyone likes it but a lot of people seem to do. I just hope that in any case, this isn't in B/W, I would love to see it in the future Generations.

MortyEcruteak

Pie is a color
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2012
    I like the following a lot, but then it was funny when i wouldn't switch pokemon because i love when heracross follows me.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    it took ages to do

And you havent seen any following pokemon yet
    in the screenshots

for hg/ss they had to to make 493 sprites. or maybe less since some were left over from platinum. now in b&w they might only have to make like 130.

also can you explain that bolded part for me.

Back