• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen "Follow Me" Feature

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
    They had better not take away this feature. I absolutely LOVE it, how you can walk with whichever Pokémon you like, talk to it, and snatch items off it. I even like it how some Pokémon are to big to be in a Pokémon Center or a Pokémart (like Lugia or Ho-oh).

If they don't bring this back to Black and White, then they will probably pull the Pokéwalker feature, or has it been confirmed that there will be?

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    The 200MB DS cartridges cannot handle the pokemon following you. If they waited til the 3DS (2GB Cartridges) they could proly pull it off.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    The 200MB DS cartridges cannot handle the pokemon following you. If they waited til the 3DS (2GB Cartridges) they could proly pull it off.

uh im not an expert, but the maximun size of most roms i see were only 128 mb. inluding hg/ss

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    The games still have a while to go before their release date, they could still add it.
    I think they should let you pick any pokemon in your party to follow you, or you could select none. Or maybe even have more than one that can follow you.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Seriously. The "Follow Me" feature was probably added to give HG/SS something new and exciting to them. They weren't the introduction to a new generation (they already were as G/S/C and D/P/Pt were Fourth Generation's "introduction"), so they needed a little something special added to them. The Follow Me feature was it.

Fifth Generation has a lot going for it, and we haven't seen everything yet. Sure, the Follow Me feature is going to be missed by some, but when compared to what we're getting, it's so small.

It might be back. It might not. But right now, I'm glad they focused on adding whatever they did add and introducing whatever is new.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Well the next Issue of Corocoro is September and that's the month we BW come out in Japan...so I expect most of the news to come in next month then after that BW will truly come out and we will get all the info :)

franko94

Master Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2013
    The clip with Celebi not out in the house/store means nothing bc legendary pokemon did NOT leave their pokeball inside enclosures (gyms houses stores etc)

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    The clip with Celebi not out in the house/store means nothing bc legendary pokemon did NOT leave their pokeball inside enclosures (gyms houses stores etc)

idk what youre trying to get at, but i think only oversized pokemon in general did not leave their balls.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Yeah only too big pokemon couldn't come out in the "Follow me" Feature in HGSS but other legendary pokemon that weren't as big as lugia and ho-ho could like Mew,Jiranchi, Celebi, Shaymin,ect. could :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    "Follow Me" Feature

^ I'd like to think the above is a positive indication... but it might just be for an event :(

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    That is for that Dream World thing I believe

But isn't that just online? -was assuming it was like a connect pokewalker thing-

And why in such a random location too-- or we can have Pokemon following within the dream world? :D

IceFireLighnting

All I want is for it to return w/the option to turn it on/off. Because as far as I can see, that's probably what they're gonna do. I've seen enough OW sprites of pkmn to see that they already have all of the sprites ready, and I've seen the trainers without their pokemon walkin behind them, but they wanna wait to let people know, probably like a lot of other people said already.=/

Back