• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Footprints...

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    Not sure if mentioned before but if you click on a nearby pokemon so only they appear on the bar, then click the compass it will turn the camera and point towards the pokemon. At least I think it does, haven't tried it but it makes sense.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    What is the best way to actually make use of the footprints? I tried for half an hour earlier to track down a Nidoran with three footprints but had no luck at all. From what I understand the closest Pokémon is at the top-left and the furthest is at the top-right, so when I was searching I walked in a set direction and saw whether the Nidoran moved up or down the list, then changed direction accordingly. As I searched it randomly hopped from 9th place to 5th, then to 4th, then to 7th, then to 9th, then disappeared, then 4th, then 9th, etc - it felt almost impossible to actually track the Pokémon based on those vaguest of clues. What methods do you guys use or was this just an unlucky trail?

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2017
    Needs to be clearer, I have no idea if I'm headed the correct way looking for that pokemon until it goes away.

Years
  • I honestly wished they bring it back to what it used to be :c Originally the distances were actually written out as 0m, 50m, 100m,150m and 200m. Earlier to the end of the beta it changed to 20s instead of 50s. Have no idea why they would suddenly change it on the full release, but I'm not a fan of it not being as clear anymore :/

Footprints...

Late to this train, but wow! That's really interesting! It would be nice to have a sort of way to figure out EXACTLY how far they are. (and trick americans into learning km and m)
    We already can see if they are close based on their order in the menu, but a more accurate measurement would be great.

My mother and I really wish it at least had a direction indicator. We've gotten pretty good at locating them honestly but right now when you have to backtrack it hurts a bit because the servers could chug at any moment and the current pokemon around will you will refresh. Sucks!

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2016
    Well i can this when im at my job most pokes generally show up in front of building, that is when the game isnt trolling me, with pokes i can never pin point

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    I used the footprints today and found a Scyther.

It first appeared on my nearby at the bottom with 3. I clicked it then the compass and walked in the direction it pointed.

As I walked the foorprints went from 3 to 2 to 1. It appeared on the map and I guess I was close enough to it for it to appear but not for me to click it, as after a couple taps it teleported away. I mean it disappeared into thin air.

It probably would have fled but I would have taken a picture and the silhouette...

Rattata usually stay on the map for 10 minutes but Scyther gave me 2 seconds.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2017
    I used the footprints today and found a Scyther.

It first appeared on my nearby at the bottom with 3. I clicked it then the compass and walked in the direction it pointed.

As I walked the foorprints went from 3 to 2 to 1. It appeared on the map and I guess I was close enough to it for it to appear but not for me to click it, as after a couple taps it teleported away. I mean it disappeared into thin air.

It probably would have fled but I would have taken a picture and the silhouette...

Rattata usually stay on the map for 10 minutes but Scyther gave me 2 seconds.

There was speculation that the compass pointed the way to the pokemon when you clicked on it but that is not the case. It simply points in the direction your character is facing and changes direction based on your own movement. You just got lucky

Chuck Palahniuk

ten question marks
    Years
  • The tracking system is REALLY hard to follow right now, and really inaccurate. Usually if a Pokemon is on my map and more than two footsteps away, I don't even bother trying to find it. One time I spent almost an hour walking about 2 miles to try and find just a Bellsprout :/

Back