• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forest Grovyle's Latest Works (NEW: 17/10/07 Oekaki Realism Tutorial!)

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
    ShadowMarik - thanks so much! ^_^ *hugs!* You can check out my deviantART account by clicking the red X on the right in my signature XD It's normally a picture but it's screwed up atm! You should be able to view all my art there!

Yami's Girl - hehe, thank you! I'm so glad you like it! It felt good to get a bit of art off my chest as I was stuck in a bit of an art block! ^^

Years
    O____________O *ish amazed* TEH AWESOMEST *cough*

have you ever done a blaziken O.o cause There easy to draw 'apperaently'

Forest Grovyle

Years

Forest Grovyle

Years
    I totally agree, QFred - I prefer pics with backgrounds too! Unfortunately I don't have time to do those sort of pics at the moment due to all the uni work I have piling up on me...it really sucks! :(

But I'm so glad you like the pic! *huggles in thanks!* ^^

Freenaturearts

Mentor in oekaki
    Years
    No matter what I think your art is the best Fg, having no backround just makes more of the consentration on the object itself and on the lines used in the images. Your backrounds are the icing on a cake ^-^ The objects too tell their own story and when you make just them sometimes it can be more looked over on the anotomy and the full out texture of the creature done. Backround adds to the effect but when you consider how some other objects are it actualy does not stop what you are doing from being the very best it is.

I really like your laitests and the lineless lineup of starters is way to cool =D.

Years
    Did you really make those yourself?!?!?!?

If you take requests, could you make a Shiny Jirachi looking like the sprite in my thread "I need someone to make me a 3D pokemon pic for a TCG card!" located in the Fake Cards forum!

Edit: Here's the sprite now that I can post pics!

Forest Grovyle's Latest Works (NEW: 17/10/07 Oekaki Realism Tutorial!)

Last edited:
    Years
    O_o. Everything you draw looks so well, and I'm definatly going to try some of your tutorials. They are just so super amazing. I mean... wow. O_o *likes all of them* They look so real too.

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
    Now that Bellosom just made me want to catch one in my Pok?mon Sapphire... even if it is not one of my favorites... just to see if the one in the game is as real as yours... o_O... so... that means your Bellosom is AWESOME... A-W-E-S-O-M-E. I just thought in a question... you also draw other things besides pok?mon?

Forest Grovyle

Years
    FNA: Thanks muchly! ^_^ I really appreciate it! It's cool to get a comment on one of my older pieces too ^^ I don't like doing lineless style anymore but it was fun while it lasted!

Hero of legend: Thank you! And thanks for the PM you sent me! :) I'm sorry I couldn't do your request :( I wish I had time for them, but I have so much work to do nowadays that I only have just about enough time to concentrate on my own art >_<

flashfox: heya! ^_^ Thanks for coming by and checking out my art thread! :D I'm so glad you like it! *huge hugs!* I wish my website was up so you could see more of my pics XD I guess everyone'll have to go to my deviantART site for now...

Max Hunter: Thanks so much! :D That's a real compliment especially when you're not a great fan of the Pok?mon in question! ^_^
    In answer to your post, yes, I do draw things other than Pok?mon ^^ I often draw oekaki realism of people out of TV shows or films, and sometimes animals or characters out of other fandoms! :)

Here's some links for you if you're interested!

TV show/film characters:
    https://www.deviantart.com/deviation/20975385/
    https://www.deviantart.com/deviation/19830715/
    https://www.deviantart.com/deviation/15668721/

Animals:
    https://www.deviantart.com/deviation/22364522/
    https://www.deviantart.com/deviation/13088947/

Characters from other fandoms:
    https://www.deviantart.com/deviation/10658755/
    https://www.deviantart.com/deviation/10079316/

Hope you like! ^_^

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Whoa,that is awesome! I really like the dragon! My bro sends his compliments. he cant stop gawking at the unicorn! lolz XD

Years
    omg there is an eevee there O_O. It looks soo pretty and hugable. >.

oh oh and a azumarill with flowers and a dragonair. They all look so good. *continues to browseish*

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
    Even all of those were... *thinks in another word to describe how good they are*... well... too good I can't find words... the ones that are really great, are the three of the show/films characters and the second eagle (since the first one I already saw it before ^^;;;... but the first of the film characters... is... so real... looks like one of those wallpapers they use in the movie theaters for announcing the movies... I still can't believe you drew Sean Connery! o_O!!!

Freenaturearts

Mentor in oekaki
    Years
    OH MY GOD! O_O You must make my next birthday banner! You must XD I hate to be this hyper but the Last Unicorn is one of the only things I would pay millions to own again!. : Daydreams: I rememeber sitting down with my plushi unicorns watching it when I was really little. The style and the colores where just so pleasing the the plesentness of how the show was really made me enjoy the film all the way threw...... And all the other drawings are really good as well X_X I cant choose which ones to favorite for my Deviant acount.... I may just do all of them ^_^ There so Awesome FG ! :hugs:

Forest Grovyle

Years
    Yay for TLU! :D I have it on DVD ^^ You should be able to find it in a DVD store! :) The picture quality is SO much better than on that awful VHS copy I used to have. XD Thanks for all your nice comments here and on DA! *hugs!*

Everyone's comments are so sweet! *blush* I feel so flattered by it all! ^^;; I have a lot of assignments to do this week, but I hope to be able to draw some things next week :D I'm pretty bogged down atm which sucks! >_<

Back