• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forest Grovyle's Latest Works (NEW: 17/10/07 Oekaki Realism Tutorial!)

DeM0nFiRe

Running for Supreme Ruler :)
Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    Yes, I make them from scratch - they're not sprites though o_0 They're CG artworks. And each drawing takes from an hour to two hours to complete, depending on the difficulty.

EDIT: Bibarel!

--FG

I know those aren't sprites but i plan on my sprites being of similar quality.

DeM0nFiRe

Running for Supreme Ruler :)
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    The program I use most often, Gale, Has anti aliasing just like photoshop so it can make clean lines.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Anyways awesome art as usual! XD I love Staraptor's pose and you seem to always get the feathers and the wings just right! Also Bibarel and Kricketune look perfect! Your anime-like/Sugimori style rules. XDD

Keep it up FG-sha :3

Years
  • You can't get smooth lines with pixels, unless you're not talking about working with pixels :)

Here's Kricketune, hope you enjoy!

--FG

You can, you just need to anti alias (SP?) the lines by hand.
    Also being an experience spriter, you will never get a sprite to the level of FG's art work, the types of art are VERY different.

Amazing as usual FG :P

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • One of my Pokemon choices for Diamond and Pearl and you made it amazing, you rock no seiously. You made it look so tough and amazing that I'm proud that I chose it. I can't wait to see your artworks on the Ghost type Pokemon

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
  • *huggles Luxray* :3 One of my faves too, though I'm more of a Luxio girl myself. ^^

Great jobs on them all! For some reason Staraptor catches my eye the most; perhaps it's the pose.

freundmon

View,Take notice,Take in,wait
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2007
    these are good... but I miss you sugimori style :(. It seems like these are half of your ability. The shading is 1-3 shades on every one. I've seen your best and it's not these. Don't get me wrong, these are amazing, and better than almost everyone can do, It's just I don't fancy your new style as much as I absolutely loved your old one.

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
  • Sugimori style isn't MY style though. I wanted to do another style which isn't just a copy of somebody else's. I personally like the look as I find it clean and simple. :P Sometimes it is nice not to have to stretch yourself and to just draw something fun and relaxing. I don't have to try and outdo myself all the time. ;)

--FG

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Awesome art as usual, FG. ^.^ My personal favourites of your recent artworks are Staraptor, Bibarel and Luxray. I love the pose you drew Staraptor in and naturally, I love the Bibarel artwork, seeing as it's one of my favourite 4th generation Pokémon. <3 Luxray, however, is simply amazing. I used to dislike the Pokémon, but you have made me fall in love with it. o.o Its pose is amazing and the anatomy is completely flawless.

For some reason I don't like the way you drew Roserade. its face looks odd somehow and the legs seem a bit off. Maybe it's just me, though.

RLan69

Pokemon Junkie Extraordinaire
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2010
    LOVE Luxray and the bunch! Great work as always!!!

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • Hey FG, I can see why youre so 'pleased' with Luxray! I love how you highlight the fur, you make it look like ... fur! xD

Boy, you do these in a couple hours?? 0.o Youre amazing! I guess youre very efficient! ^_^

Back